Best athlete to fight in the UFC?

How is Romero a "smaller guy"? A ton of the best NFL athletes, especially running backs, receivers, safeties, CBS, etc are 180 to 210 and are not considered small. Romero walks around at 210 or so.

210 is small compared to 280. In the context of a fight, it matters a lot.

There is a reason Romero nearly kills himself trying to cut down to 185.

Include any olympic medalist you could find, but i guess Romero must be at the top of the "athlete" rankings considering how he is still performing at his age.

Again... Matt Lindland is an olympic silver medalist

Just out of curiosity... do you guys think Ashley Eaton (6'1" 185, born 1988, world record holder in decathalon) could potentially beat Robert Whittaker (6'0" 185, born 1990)? And if so, how much training would he need?

He also smells like a cross between " hot garbage" and " rotten fish"

Yes.

I'm just trying to illustrate thr idiocy of this A level athlete shit. If a guy who won an olympic medal in wrestling was only a so-so MMA grappler, doesn't that tell you that the athleticism required for different competitions are like apples and oranges.

Yes.

I'm just trying to illustrate thr idiocy of this A level athlete shit. If a guy who won an olympic medal in wrestling was only a so-so MMA grappler, doesn't that tell you that the athleticism required for different competitions are like apples and oranges.
I can't disagree

Yes.

everyone knows that most of the best athletes go where there's the most money. Theres a reason why HW boxing isn't so deep anymore.

at least pick someone from boxing, nfl or nba from lmao.

Why do people associate great athlete with the ability to play a major sport? This sport is full of amazing athletes. Just because they don’t fit the body type that the major sports require, doesn’t mean they are B-level athletes in comparison.
You’re right. It doesn’t mean they are B-level athletes. D level at best.

everyone knows that most of the best athletes go where there's the most money. Theres a reason why HW boxing isn't so deep anymore.

I don't think you understand the level of athleticism involved in Olympic track and field.

Since I assume you don't actually know who Ashley Eaton is, let me list his PRs for you, with closest comparable NFL athletes at each event that I could find.

100m: 10.21 seconds (Jamaal Charles ran a 10.23)
400m: 45.00 seconds (Antonio Cromartie ran a 46.90)
110m hurdles: 13.35 seconds (Rod Woodson ran a 13.29)
Shotput: 50'6" (Lane Johnson threw 49'7")
Discus: 155'4" (Russell Okung threw 155'9")
Long Jump: 27'0" (Marquise Goodwin jumped 27'4")
High jump: 6'11" (Julio Jones jumped 6'8.5")

So, basically, try to picture a 6'1" 185lb guy who is simultaneously comparable in speed to some of the top DBs, in strength to some of the top OLs, and in jumping ability to some of the top WRs.

Still convinced that the best athletes gravitate to the NFL?

Last edited:
I don't think you understand the level of athleticism involved in Olympic track and field.

Since I assume you don't actually know why Ashley Eaton is, let me list his PRs for you, with closest comparable NFL athletes at each event that I could find.

100m: 10.21 seconds (Jamaal Charles ran a 10.23)
400m: 45.00 seconds (Antonio Cromartie ran a 46.90)
110m hurdles: 13.35 seconds (Rod Woodson ran a 13.29)
Shotput: 50'6" (Lane Johnson threw 49'7")
Discus: 155'4" (Russell Okung threw 155'9")
Long Jump: 27'0" (Marquise Goodwin jumped 27'4")
High jump: 6'11" (Julio Jones jumped 6'8.5")

So, basically, try to picture a 6'1" 185" guy who is comparable in speed to some of the top DBs, in strength to some of the top OLs, and in jumping ability to some of the top WRs.

Still convinced that the best athletes gravitate to the NFL?
I see the point your trying to make but your can compare NFL players college track times with a pro Track & Field star to prove best athleticism

Sherbro's - template for the A- level Athlete

I see the point your trying to make but your can compare NFL players college track times with a pro Track & Field star to prove best athleticism

Why is it unfair? Those PRs were accomplished between ages 22-26 and I'm comparing them with NFL players' college track performances at ages 21-22.

He obviously received more specialized training but that only accounts for so much... I could go find his college PRs for a more accurate comparison, but that would be a waste of time because the results would be compatable. Either way, he is in the same athletic ballpark as all those guys in their best events. Eaton competes at that level in over ten different events.

And having said all that... there is no way that I think he beats Whittaker or Romero at 185 even with many many years of MMA training. That's my point. There's no such thing as a universal A-level athlete. That is just some dumbass broscience.

Last edited:
Back