Best athlete to fight in the UFC?

giphy.gif

You were right, he is wrong. Even if you follow his “reasoning”, don’t think Greg Hardy is a better “athlete” than Hershel Walker.
Walker never fought in the ufc

But yeah i agree, hes a better athlete

Why do people associate great athlete with the ability to play a major sport? This sport is full of amazing athletes. Just because they don’t fit the body type that the major sports require, doesn’t mean they are B-level athletes in comparison.
This, running fast and jumping high does not equal a good mma athlete automatically. There are many other things involved that some of these guys would run circles around nfl and nba guys.

I mean hes gonna cut from 280 or so and hes strong as hell

In America, football is the most popular sport and has the biggest teams. The best athletes all play ball.

Only the best of the best make College

Only the best of those guys go pro

And hardy was a major standout in pro ball. Hes a very high level athlete

Hardy is.....Lesnar had even better combine results.

• Greg Hardy weighed 281 lbs, recorded a 4.87 on the 40 yard dash, 21 reps on the 225lb bench press, 35" vertical jump, and a 9' 9" broad jump.
  • Brock Lesnar weighed 283 lbs, recorded a 4.65 on the 40 yard dash, 30 reps on the 225lb bench press, 35" vertical jump, and a 10' broad jump.

Walker never fought in the ufc

But yeah i agree, hes a better athlete

Yep. In the post he said MMA, see he specified in the thread title though now looking back.

This, running fast and jumping high does not equal a good mma athlete automatically. There are many other things involved that some of these guys would run circles around nfl and nba guys.

Exactly. It’s not a coincidence that you see some of the training methods used by fighters bleeding into th emajor sports now.

Hardy is.....Lesnar had even better combine results.

• Greg Hardy weighed 281 lbs, recorded a 4.87 on the 40 yard dash, 21 reps on the 225lb bench press, 35" vertical jump, and a 9' 9" broad jump.
  • Brock Lesnar weighed 283 lbs, recorded a 4.65 on the 40 yard dash, 30 reps on the 225lb bench press, 35" vertical jump, and a 10' broad jump.
I never said Lesnar wasnt in the discussion either.

But he never even played in the nfl. Hardy won championships and pro bowls.

Edit; thought he was part of the carolina team that went to the super bowl.

Brocks positive test has to come into play when discussing him as an athlete

I never said Lesnar wasnt in the discussion either.

You didn't say he was either.

But he never even played in the nfl. Hardy won championships and pro bowls.

Why would have he played in the NFL? He never played college football though Minnesota did attempt to convince him to try out for the team.

I mean hes gonna cut from 280 or so and hes strong as hell

In America, football is the most popular sport and has the biggest teams. The best athletes all play ball.

Only the best of the best make College

Only the best of those guys go pro

And hardy was a major standout in pro ball. Hes a very high level athlete

Is Greg Hardy gonna be the best athlete the UFC has ever seen?

In terms of speed and strength according to the NFL combine he's not on Brocks level.

I'd say guys like Yoel and Randleman were considerably more athletic.

giphy.gif

Hardy's explosive but does he have the agility and coordination in a fight of someone like Yoel?

Matt Lindland was an olympic silver medalist.l in wrestling. How did that translate to MMA?

There is no such thing as an A level athlete, retards. People have different physical abilities and different sports require different combinations of abilities. There is no A-level universal athlete... Ashley Eaton isn't knocking out Robert Whitaker even with 5 years of uninterrupted training.

Enough with this A level athlete broscience.

As in pure physical talent? Yoel is up there. GSP deserves a shout out.

In terms of speed and strength according to the NFL combine he's not on Brocks level.

I'd say guys like Yoel and Randleman were considerably more athletic.

giphy.gif

Hardy's explosive but does he have the agility and coordination in a fight of someone like Yoel?

I agree to an extent. Although, I define a great athlete as someone who is great at their respective sport. But in terms of raw physical ability, Randleman and Romero are hard to beat. Randleman had a 40+ inch vertical at 220lbs. GSP is up there, as well as Kevin Jackson and Mark Schutz.

Back