Best area to get punched/kicked

The best place to get hit with a kick is right below the knee alas Weidman vs. Silva II, however...

Shoulder or lat is the best place to get hit, you have to learn to roll with the punch to dissipate the energy. Foot work and head movement are key for defense. That's why traditional blocks aren't effective: you just can't react fast enough and it is virtually impossible to predict the opponent's move. Plus being reactive is a terrible strategy.

In boxing, you don't just put your hand on your jaw, you make like you are talking on an old-school telephone; that way you protect your jaw and temple. You also tuck your chin and raise your pelvis to shorten the body so that the forearm covers your floating ribs as well as possible.

It is impossible to defend everything, and too much defense is a bad strategy. The best defense oftentimes is a good offence as the adage goes.

Forehead is very solid. The fact most people in this thread don't know that is kinda strange.

Yeah if you get a guy to punch your forehead it's a good chance he'll hurt his hand and you won't feel much at all.

Forehead is very solid. The fact most people in this thread don't know that is kinda strange.

Yeah if you get a guy to punch your forehead it's a good chance he'll hurt his hand and you won't feel much at all.

You guys are missing the point. The question is not the best place to get hit in the head. If you are saying forehead above other body parts, that's a little bit nuts. Great, your opponent breaks his hand...and you lie on the ground in a quivering heap. I'm not baiting someone into punching or kicking me in "any" part of my head on the premise that they might hurt their hand or foot.

I'm done. Good lord you actually think that?

I was disregarding obvious body parts like the shoulders, thighs, knees, etc, but I'd rather be hit in the forehead/top of the head than any other place on my face/head/neck area, torso, chest, back, or nuts.

Wasn't this crap in some movie from the past?

Yes. Gladiator (not the Russell Crowe one) is an awesome movie, but just because it's from a movie doesn't make it any less true.

It's also pretty common knowledge if you've ever been hit with a punch or an object (intentionally or accidentally) with something in the head.

Last edited:
Stay on the outside, evade, evade and attack on your terms.

I would say in front of the the nearest hospital.

Head: Forehead
Body: Shoulder, upper chest is also ok for punches

The upper forehead is the best place to get hit ON THE HEAD, but definitely not the best place to get hit out of your whole body.

The elbow/kneecaps for blocks do counter damage, so they are the best, IMO.

The arms and shins can take quite the beating if used to block properly. The problem with getting hit in the arms while blocking headshots is that with mma gloves, or no gloves, strikes can slip through and land on your head/face, and even if they do only hit your arms, they can still shake your brain up quite a bit.

This can't be serious...

Back