Best area to get punched/kicked

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
You know how in boxing, you keep your hands up to your chin to protect your chin. BUT, you know that you can get hit by the temple or any other areas that could stun you pretty bad as much as getting hit by the chin, or close to it.

Also, you want to keep your elbow not too far from your body, as in kickboxing, to protect your ribs from body kicks, or in traditional martial arts, usual stand is with hands in the middle of your body with one forward than the other.

But let's say punches get through your guard to your head or your side of the body and you have only a split seconds to move, but nonetheless some time to move, where would be the best area on your face or the side body to get hit on?

Cheers

Nothing gets me going like a good shot to the nads.

nose, it pissed me off when I got hit there. motivation to beat the other person up.

its always shoulder.. for everything, punch, kick, bullet everything

I'm done. Good lord you actually think that?

i read somewhere that top of the head is strongest part of the body, one is more likely to break their hand than do any damage to your head.. the legitimacy of this claim I have not tested

Hopkins was teaching Rashad some tips about boxing, I think Hopkins mentioned to Rashard how the front portion of his head is the hardest part in the body and it will hurt the other guy's fist more than his head, as he was tucking his chin in. i think that vid is in Youtube, and I think guys do that in fights, or that was what I thought.

I was going to say Canada based on the thread title. Free health care and all.

i read somewhere that top of the head is strongest part of the body, one is more likely to break their hand than do any damage to your head.. the legitimacy of this claim I have not tested
probably the least bad place on the head to be punched

in your nuts probably

they talk about shin deadening in muay thai

have you heard of iron crotch?

I'm done. Good lord you actually think that?

its the best place in the head to be hit. thats why fighters tuck their chin when striking/boxing. its very hard and can hurt their hand more than your head. its also why soccer players use that part of their head to hit the ball

its common in boxing to almost headbutt a punch (dip your forehead into it) if you dont have the time to move out of the way or block
nick-diaz-bj-penn-punch-face.gif

Back