Best Anti hero/Villian in a TV series goes to?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As far as dramatic television series over the past let's say thirty years.

Vic Mackey. (The Shield)

Walter White. Breaking Bad (yes he is a drug dealer which makes him a bad guy)

Stringer Bell ("the wire")

Omar Little ("the wire")

Cigarette smoking man (X-files)

Jr Ewing. (Dallas). I know if you're under thirty you just went huh? but apparently this character was quite the cultural 80's icon. he was big when I was like 9 and Into Dukes of Hazard so I cant comment on him too much. I do remember it being a big deal when he got shot.

Clay Morrow (sons of anarchy)

Tony Soprano. (The Sopranos)

Other.

I know most will say Tony, or Walter white. But personally I've never been as captivated by a TV persona as I was with Detective Mackey (Omar little a close second) "The Shield" imo was cant miss. Add to the fact that it was based on an actual anti-crime unit within the LAPD Rampart division called "CRASH" made it even more real. Quick history LAPD's CRASH unit's were indicted on dozens of counts of planting evidence, murder, bank robbery, felonious assault, conduct unbecoming, and they were/are even implicated/suspected in the death of late rapper notorious BIG.

If you've never seen the shield grab the series dvd's and enjoy. I'll try and get my boy Equus to put up a poll. Or any mod that would like to help thanks.

Last edited:
As far as dramatic television series over the past let's say thirty years.

Vic Mackey. (The Shield)

Walter White. Breaking Bad (yes he is a drug dealer which makes him a bad guy)

Stringer Bell ("the wire")

Omar Little ("the wire")

Jr Ewing. (Dallas). I know if you're under thirty you just went huh? but apparently this character was quite the cultural 80's icon. he was big when I was like 9 and Into Dukes of Hazard so I cant comment on him too much. I do remember it being a big deal when he got shot.

Clay Morrow (sons of anarchy)

Tony Soprano. (The Sopranos)

Other.

I know most will say Tony, or Walter white. But personally I've never been as captivated by a TV persona as I was with Detective Mackey (Omar little a close second) "The Shield" imo was cant miss.Add to the fact that it was based on an actual antic-rime unit within the LAPD Rampart division called "CRASH" made it even more real. Quick history LAPD's CRASH unit's were indicted on dozens of counts of planting evidence, murder, bank robbery, felonious assault, conduct unbecoming, and they were/are even implicated/suspected in the death of late rapper notorious BIG.

If you've never seen the shield grab the series dvd's and enjoy. I'll try and get my boy Equus to put up a poll. Or any mod that would like to help thanks.

good picks, would Tom Hardy in The Take qualify? he was a terrible person but couldn't help rooting for him

Hannibal-TV-Show-e1361191699262.png

Love me some Tony Soprano, so that's who gets my vote.

I liked the Sgt. Nicholas Brody character from Homeland as well for a hero/villain. Damian Lewis was great on that show...

brody.jpg

good picks, would Tom Hardy in The Take qualify? he was a terrible person but couldn't help rooting for him

see that's why I like making these threads because you guys "hip" me to shows that I was unaware of.I like tom hardy so i'll have to give this "Take" a look.

I've got to go with Dexter. I found it easy to empathise with him, even though his actions were reprehensible, his actions were juxtaposed well by a moral compass and inner dialogue.
His relationships softened him.

Kevin Spacey's character in House of Cards was the most morally bankrupt character I've appreciated.

Good thread. The Shield is probably my favorite show ever. All of the characters are compelling as hell and there's never a dull moment. The series finale was insane.

Love me some Tony Soprano, so that's who gets my vote.

I liked the Sgt. Nicholas Brody character from Homeland as well for a hero/villain. Damian Lewis was great on that show...

brody.jpg

agree, brody was perfectly cast imo. Did not like what the writers did with his death I mean....wtf.

Vic. Best TV detective ever.

Who's he? and what series is he from?

Hannibal the motherfuckin Cannibal, from the series Hannibal. Watch it. You will never see a more evil sonofabitch in your life, makes the guys mentioned in your OP seem like girl scouts

I'm only on the first season of The Wire so far, but Stringer Bell would top that list for me

Good thread. The Shield is probably my favorite show ever. All of the characters are compelling as hell and there's never a dull moment. The series finale was insane.

Right. between the shield,the wire,sopranos, and breaking. I've been at a lost for a good show. don't know how I feel about the turn Homeland has taken. "Last Ship" seems promising. for some reason I hate Falling skies, and normally it would be the type of show I'd gravitate towards its just frustrating. the writers need to be flogged because that show obv has a pretty big budget. And as far as non SCI-fi I had Hope's for TNT's Southland but it too got cancelled.

I don't follow any TV shows these days. My fav. anti-hero has always been Vegeta from DBZ though.

Back