Best Anti hero/Villian in a TV series goes to?

see that's why I like making these threads because you guys "hip" me to shows that I was unaware of.I like tom hardy so i'll have to give this "Take" a look.

It's well worth your time I think theres only 4 episodes and its on netflix. Made me a fan of Hardy for sure

Homeland seriously pissed me off when Brody was hanged, but I thought they brought it back after the first couple episodes of this last season. Seeing Quinn go ham on everybody was pretty good imo.

completely agree I was waiting for ST6 or DELTA to swoop in and cut him down or something. But yes Quinn's actions are starting to peak my interest again.

Is he an anti-hero?

Thought he was the villain and Will/Jack were the heros?

Jaime Lannister is my favourite.

Well the thread is for anti heroes or villains. I thought of Hannibal as comparable to Walter White or Tony Soprano, in that they're all the bad guys of the show, but they are also the lead character of the show. You sometimes root for them to be successful, but you know damn well that they're the bad guy.

Walter White among that list.

Raymond "Red" Reddington from Blacklist should be on the list. James Spader is brilliant in the role, particularly considering some of the weak supporting cast.

Agreed, don't ask me why, but for some reason, I just like to watch shit he's in. I had hopes in the Blacklist, but it's the rest of the cast really bringing me down on it.

not sure how Omar is an anti-hero

That's why Omar was such a compelling character. the man is NOT robin hood he keeps what he stills from the(criminally) rich. but doesn't give it back to the poor. the man is a thief, and a murderer def someone I would not put the "good guy" moniker on.......but I loved his character (no romo)

Last edited:
That Marlo Stanfield sure seemed like a rough customer. He has to be up there as far as TV villains are concerned...

right up there along with this little turd...
joffrey-smug-2.gif

The smoking man from the X-Files, one of the men behind the fate of the human kind with a "power of authority" that goes through everywhere

il_fullxfull.82573658.jpg

I loved the Marlboro man in X-Files. though I'll never understand how, or why the writers butchered that show the way they did. I mean those last three seasons were sad. I can understand a money grab by trying to stretch out their cash cow a few more seasons but losing Fox(duchovney), and then only giving us the true storyline for season premiere's and season finale's was just bad management. that alienated a lot of fans. I was one of them. damn it.

That Marlo Stanfield sure seemed like a rough customer. He has to be up there as far as TV villains are concerned...

joffrey-smug-2.gif

Marlo was good but was he compelling like avon, or Omar, or even prop joe. I say no. he just didn't have the charisma imo like the other. edris being a huge star now his acting chops just made him stand out. didn't even know that fool was a brit lol.

Recently true detective was excellent, Matthew McConnaughy's character is pretty badass.

joffrey-smug-2.gif

Probably the most hated character in the history of TV.

Simon Adebisi
Joffrey Baratheon
Leland Palmer/Bob
Charles Montgomery Burns

James spader on the blacklist would be good too...

Honorable mentions Jaime Lannister and the Hound from GoT, I think they fall into the anti-villain category

Walter White

Hannibal is awesome too

The answer is clearly New York from Flava of Love

I know I'm showing my age but I use to like that tool Col.Decker from the A-TEAM

Back