Best Acting In "Django Unchained"

I picked Leo when this was made, after my first watch, but upon my second viewing, a couple days after this thread was made, i had Waltz

I voted Waltz but I'm not really sure who was the better of Leo and him.

Leo was just so incredible in that dinner table scene. Crazy good.

I was already in awe of Waltz and Jackson in their roles, but Leo completely won me over in the dinner scene.

Not sure if anyone posted this in the thread yet, but I recall an interview where Leo actually cut his hand open during the dinner scene; yes that was HIS OWN FUCKING BLOOD flowing from his hands! However, he rolled with it and continued acting out the scene. I'm guessing he had a large spike of adrenaline from the pain, hence why his performance at that scene was so intense and chilling.

Especially when Tom Cruise AS Jack Nicholson spilled out of his mouth when he says, "the PRIIIIICCCCCE is twelb fousand dollahs."

The obvious choice is Waltz, then Leo, then Fox , didnt care for Jackson's part, and the actor that played Kenny Power's dad was good (as a character actor)

I'm pretty surprised that Leo is winning at the moment, I loved his role but thought Waltz was better.

Waltz's performance was nothing spectacular. He simply dusted off his Hans Landa character. Sadly, his role/character in Django wasn't nearly as amazing as Landa.

Leo, whether or not you think he was channelling Jack, Tom, or Yul Brynner was more dynamic, unique to Leo's resume, and performed at a very high level.

I voted Samuel L. because he was outstanding but Leo is probably more deserving of the vote.

I contend Calvin Candie would be a plum role FOR ANYOOOOONNNNNNNEEEH.

Billy Zane is not happy, Hellboy.

Billy-Zane-Approved-Headshot-PPMG-2012.jpg

NOT HAPPY.

I really need to stop stretching out my vowels...

Billy Zane looks quite pleased with himself right there.

Ever the chameleon.

how bad was the grappling /fighting scene though?

Damn, Waltz and Leo neck and neck.

My vote goes to Leo.

No option for Don Johnson's massa Big Daddy? Terrible.

Actually it was Sam Jackson with "Who dis nikkuh on dat nag?!!" that stole the show.

Damn Sam Jackson reminded me of a real life uncle ruckus from boondocks.

Waltz was great, I'd never seen him in anything before I watched Inglorious Basterds, and I was blown away by his performance in that. Leo was great too though.

have to go with Waltz on this but, though I wouldn't argue with anyone who says Leo. Fantastic movie, hoping to see it take home a few Oscars

Leonardo Dicraprio is just getting better and better. his role in Shutter Island really made me take notice of how he's getting better with age.

(is my gayest post in a long time)

Waltz imo, he's the greatest actor in the world today. Leo was great as well, best crossover to bad guy since Denzel did Training Day.

Back