Bernard Hopkins got knockout the ring yesterday and it was hilarious

Very racist person, no doubt about it.

I honestly don't know about this, why is Hopkins racist? I remember the "I'll never lose to a white boy thing," but was there more?

Hopkins never liked white boxers. TBH I couldn't give a fuck, boxers aren't meant to like each other.

I honestly don't know about this, why is Hopkins racist? I remember the "I'll never lose to a white boy thing," but was there more?

Hopkins was sentenced to 18 years in federal prison for committing several felonies. While in prison his brother was murdered. The murderer of his brother went to the same prison where Hopkins was at. Hopkins wanted to kill him but couldn't as the murderer was kept out of general population to protect him. Hopkins discovered his true passion while incarcerated, he discovered boxing. It might have saved his life. When Hopkins was released after serving only 5 years for good behavior, he left with a bitterness towards life and the white man.

Hopkins blamed the white man for all his struggles. The truth is that Hopkins irresponsible actions lead to his incarceration. Furthermore, his comments about never losing to a white man in the ring was a symbol of his defiance and victory. His comments towards his opponent Joe Smith Jr during the press conference were racist and completely unprofessional. Joe kept his mouth shut. He decided to do his talking in the ring. This weekend Hopkins was knocked out of the ring by a not so well known white boxer. The defeat will weigh heavily on him for the remainder of his life. Hopkins lost his first fight by knock out. Worst of all he lost to Joe Smith...a relatively unknown white boxer.

I will always respect Hopkins the boxer, no doubt he was talented. However, his personality flaws turned a lot of would be fans into haters. When he got knocked out I laughed. Karma is a beautiful thing.

Hopkins was sentenced to 18 years in federal prison for committing several felonies. While in prison his brother was murdered. The murderer of his brother went to the same prison where Hopkins was at. Hopkins wanted to kill him but couldn't as the murderer was kept out of general population to protect him. Hopkins discovered his true passion while incarcerated, he discovered boxing. It might have saved his life. When Hopkins was released after serving only 5 years for good behavior, he left with a bitterness towards life and the white man.

Hopkins blamed the white man for all his struggles. The truth is that Hopkins irresponsible actions lead to his incarceration. Furthermore, his comments about never losing to a white man in the ring was a symbol of his defiance and victory. His comments towards his opponent Joe Smith Jr during the press conference were racist and completely unprofessional. Joe kept his mouth shut. He decided to do his talking in the ring. This weekend Hopkins was knocked out of the ring by a not so well known white boxer. The defeat will weigh heavily on him for the remainder of his life. Hopkins lost his first fight by knock out. Worst of all he lost to Joe Smith...a relatively unknown white boxer.

I will always respect Hopkins the boxer, no doubt he was talented. However, his personality flaws turned a lot of would be fans into haters. When he got knocked out I laughed. Karma is a beautiful thing.

This is all just telling me about Hopkins, including telling me he's racist. But why do you think he's racist? What did he say or do that is racist? Did he say something racist to Joe Smith?

This is all just telling me about Hopkins, including telling me he's racist. But why do you think he's racist? What did he say or do that is racist? Did he say something racist to Joe Smith?
Yes

I love B-Hop so I don't find it funny at all. In my opinion, he is a much greater fighter than Floyd Mayweather, though he has never had as much hype. Hopkins will go down as a hall of fame legend, but I hope he realises it's over now.
I don't think he's as great as Floyd but he's accomplished a lot. The guys over 50 FFS it's amazing he can still compete against these young guys.

Hi Nac,

For me it has been an accumulation of words and actions that lead me to conclude that Bernard Hopkins was a racist.

1) He made comments about Manny Pacquiao avoiding black boxers because he would have lost more often. Manny has fought many high profile black boxers including: Floyd Mayweather, Shane Mosley, and Timothy Bradley.

2) When Bernard fought Tito Trinidad. He went to a press conference threw the Puerto Rican flag on the floor.

3) Hopkins has also stated many times to Calzaghe that he would, "I will never let a whiteboy beat me..." (Fast forward to 1:09 minute of the video below)

I realized that Hopkins actually thinks that black people are superior. Is thinking your race is superior racist? Yeah, that's why I believe Hopkins is racist. I also believe he is ignorant.

Last edited:
Hi Nac,

For me it has been an accumulation of words and actions that lead me to conclude that Bernard Hopkins was a racist.

1) He made comments about Manny Pacquiao avoiding black boxers because he would have lost more often. Manny has fought many high profile black boxers including: Floyd Mayweather, Shane Mosley, and Timothy Bradley.

2) When Bernard fought Tito Trinidad. He went to a press conference threw the Puerto Rican flag on the floor.

3) Hopkins has also stated many times to Calzaghe that he would, "I will never let a whiteboy beat me..." (Fast forward to 1:09 minute of the video below)

I realized that Hopkins actually thinks that black people are superior. Is thinking your race is superior racist? Yeah, that's why I believe Hopkins is racist. I also believe he is ignorant.

Thanks, I always heard people say he was racist or at least showed signs of it, just never heard the details.

I mean, Hopkins earned his enemies and detractors over his career. The people who don't like him can have their day and convince themselves he was whatever they need him to be to feel better about themselves.

Eh, no one here needs him to be anything. It's fact he was an incredibly dirty fighter. It's obvious he looked for cheap and easy ways out of fights many times before this. Quitting against Dawson while trying to get him disqualified. Hitting Roy Jones in the back of the head dozens of times then getting hit back once and rolling around on the mat claiming he's actually gone blind. Landing countless low blows on everyone but if he gets touched low he tries to quit and get a DQ win. This is the second time he somehow hurt his ankle leaving the ring. Spent his entire final post fight interview just making up bullshit about getting pushed and how he wasn't hurt until his head hit the floor. He was not pushed and his eyes were gone before he landed. It's fitting he showed how much of a con man he was yet again in his farewell performance.

Saying people dislike him to feel better about themselves is laughable. There have always been many reasons to like and to hate Hopkins. No need at all to judge people who feel either way.

Eh, no one here needs him to be anything. It's fact he was an incredibly dirty fighter. It's obvious he looked for cheap and easy ways out of fights many times before this. Quitting against Dawson while trying to get him disqualified. Hitting Roy Jones in the back of the head dozens of times then getting hit back once and rolling around on the mat claiming he's actually gone blind. Landing countless low blows on everyone but if he gets touched low he tries to quit and get a DQ win. This is the second time he somehow hurt his ankle leaving the ring. Spent his entire final post fight interview just making up bullshit about getting pushed and how he wasn't hurt until his head hit the floor. He was not pushed and his eyes were gone before he landed. It's fitting he showed how much of a con man he was yet again in his farewell performance.

Saying people dislike him to feel better about themselves is laughable. There
haha

holy shit, I almost forgot that. "I can't see!"

<36>

Hi Nac,

I don't know how much it was actual racism or just playing the heel. I don't have all the details but what made me dislike him the most was how he got rid of Bouie just when he started to make real money. Throwing the PR flag down and other incidents leading into a fight can just as easily be considered mental warfare.

I don't know how much it was actual racism or just playing the heel. I don't have all the details but what made me dislike him the most was how he got rid of Bouie just when he started to make real money. Throwing the PR flag down and other incidents leading into a fight can just as easily be considered mental warfare.

Hey Sticks,

You make a valid point. However, as a man of reason. I cannot help but conclude that Hopkins is racist. If Hopkins considers an opponent to be inferior due to the color of their skin, any rational person must conclude that he is racist.

Hey Sticks,

You make a valid point. However, as a man of reason. I cannot help but conclude that Hopkins is racist. If Hopkins considers an opponent to be inferior due to the color of their skin, any rational person must conclude that he is racist.
That's true. It's just difficult to say what he was thinking. If he said those things to elicit a response from his opponent more than because he believed it you couldn't say he's racist with certainty.

That's true. It's just difficult to say what he was thinking. If he said those things to elicit a response from his opponent more than because he believed it you couldn't say he's racist with certainty.
Why are you calling me out

Saying people dislike him to feel better about themselves is laughable. There have always been many reasons to like and to hate Hopkins. No need at all to judge people who feel either way.

I never said people dislike him to feel better about themselves. I explicitly said that he has done a lot to earn his many detractors. What I was talking about are the various characterizations of him that have popped up since the Smith fight as a fraud or a malicious racist are clearly done by people who are looking for things to latch onto in order to discredit his career. His career isn't smoke and mirrors. He was the best MW in the world for about a decade, and then moved up two weight classes at 40 and became lineal at LHW twice after his 40th birthday. That's not smoke and mirrors, that's a great fighter.

He has bullshitted numerous times trying to get an edge; I'm not disputing that. He has never tried to get a DQ by faking a low blow, though. He got low-blowed by Calzaghe and then proceeded to take the time allotted to him in order to recover. Regardless of whether the blow was debilitating or not, he was completely within the rules to take the time. Blame the rules for giving him that opportunity, not him for doing what he's allowed to do. He was blatantly fouled by Dawson, as well. He was picked up and thrown, there really isn't a grey area, there. I'm not sure whether or not he injured his shoulder. Both him and a doctor claimed that a surgery took place after the fight. They could have been bullshitting, I don't know, if you have solid evidence that says otherwise, offer it up. He was blatantly fouled, though, that's not even debatable.

I didn't and will never say he should be liked by anyone, but let's not lose our minds and mischaracterize his whole career because he came up with excuses after a loss (after getting badly hurt and falling several straight feet onto concrete head first).

Back