bernard hopkins ended the discussion of boxers vs mma fighters

I don't know Dawson being dragged though the mudd right now and a ton of people came out of the wood works to shot on Trinidad after Hopkins beat and I expect the same when PAC and floyd losses someday.

I like the other thread that I think X made about people shitting on guys after they lose. If I like a fighter and support him then I try to stick with him until the end but honestly the last fighter I really got attached to was Trinidad and I got alot love for Arrerola to now adays.

Really, I'm probably Dawson's biggest hater and I don't diminish his skills or what he has achieved. There's a lot of people saying both him and Pascal looked dire... just that Pascal was more dire... and they're not wrong. It wasn't a career best performance by either fighter.

Floyd will get a lot of stick just due to his personality and the fact people are accusing him of avoiding the best but I think in truth even if he does lose... I mean, even if it's to say Bradley in a supposed tune up... most people will remember how good he was when he did beat top opponents. Even more so with Pac considering his weight of work at the lower weight classes before he started climbing divisions.

Looking back Hatton got a LOT of stick after being outclassed by Mayweather and there was a lot of talk about how he caught Tzu when Tzu was inactive and past it... but people still remembered he was the king of 140lbs and the vast majority picked him over the (at the time) streaking Paulie.

Hell, I'm a big fan of Ian Napa and Jon Thaxton... and those two fighters were made for heartbreaking loses...

Really, I'm probably Dawson's biggest hater and I don't diminish his skills or what he has achieved. There's a lot of people saying both him and Pascal looked dire... just that Pascal was more dire... and they're not wrong. It wasn't a career best performance by either fighter.

Floyd will get a lot of stick just due to his personality and the fact people are accusing him of avoiding the best but I think in truth even if he does lose... I mean, even if it's to say Bradley in a supposed tune up... most people will remember how good he was when he did beat top opponents. Even more so with Pac considering his weight of work at the lower weight classes before he started climbing divisions.

Looking back Hatton got a LOT of stick after being outclassed by Mayweather and there was a lot of talk about how he caught Tzu when Tzu was inactive and past it... but people still remembered he was the king of 140lbs and the vast majority picked him over the (at the time) streaking Paulie.

Hell, I'm a big fan of Ian Napa and Jon Thaxton... and those two fighters were made for heartbreaking loses...

Yeah I have seen a few people trash Dawson already on other sites. They saying he can't beat anybody under 40. I still think he is one of the best at LHW and just had an off night and that Pascal was there to win,but that I think Dawson will take him in the Rematch. But for the most part, I seen so many who thought he was going to win, after the fight just start with "He was never that good and now he shown to be a bum fighter."

MAyweather and Pac will catch hell when they lose. People will trash Floyd worse then Pac but that is to be expected like you said cause of his personalty, but I don;t think many people will remember how good he is or was, they just quote off his rec and call him a bum fighter and he only padded his rec. They just look at who he beat and not how he beat them.

Now, I want to say the Tzysu lost to Hatton was hard for me, cause I liked Tzysu alot when he was the man but I never talked bad about Hatton only the ref for allowing hatton to maul Kosta like he did. "Cheating baster"..:icon_chee

Well, top 20 MMA HW at the time (and 40 pounds overweight at that - like most athletes, he didn't to take exhibitions any more seriously than Ali did the fight with Anoki, not even bothering to train), but otherwise yeah.
He was actually in top 10 in the consensus rankings, was top 4 when he fought Fedor. One loss to Fedor didn't drop him out of top 10.

At that time there were still questions about guys like JDS, Cain, Carwin etc so he was still ranked top 10 but near bottom.

Tim broke the agreement they had about not throwing kicks and other things and tried a low kick lol.

I always find it sad the way Tim Sylvia gets thrown under a bus.

Boxing fans are often accused of abandoning a fighter as being "exposed" after a loss... especially an embarrassing one to a fighter they were fully expected to beat with ease, but I don't think I've seen the level of contempt spewed about Sylvia (and to an extent the likes of Fedor, Mousassi, GSP post Serra, Shogun after Forrest/Coleman and Torres ) with regards to any boxer.

I mean, yes Ali should have beaten Spinks the first time, even considering how old and past it he was... yet his achievements weren't ridiculed. Hell, let's look at some recent ones: Sanchez/Candello, Liakovich/Brewster, Baldomir/Judah, Raheem/Morales... the list goes on. But none of those fighters had their entire careers tarnished the way it seems mainstream MMA fans have done to Sylvia.

I don't know that Sylvia's been thrown under a bus; the problem has always been that with the exception of Arlovski, he's lost against every top level fighter he's gone against - Couture, Nog, Fedor, even Mir. Its hard to build an argument that he's one of the top heavyweights in MMA with that kind of record.

But I agree that MMA, perhaps because its so new, doesn't have much of a memory - lifetime achievement doesn't really seem to mean much yet. That'll change, and Fedor and GSP for instance will be remembered well. Sylvia's never going to be considered at that level though, unless he starts beating some top fighters other than Arlovski (who also has had problems with top fighters).

I don't know that Sylvia's been thrown under a bus; the problem has always been that with the exception of Arlovski, he's lost against every top level fighter he's gone against - Couture, Nog, Fedor, even Mir. Its hard to build an argument that he's one of the top heavyweights in MMA with that kind of record.

But I agree that MMA, perhaps because its so new, doesn't have much of a memory - lifetime achievement doesn't really seem to mean much yet. That'll change, and Fedor and GSP for instance will be remembered well. Sylvia's never going to be considered at that level though, unless he starts beating some top fighters other than Arlovski (who also has had problems with top fighters).

You see... this is what gets me.

Ricco Rodriguez (14-1)wasn't a top level fighter when they fought?
Gan McGee (12-1) and recently demolished a prime Rizzo wasn't a top level fighter?

That's an extra 2 right there.

Josh Barnett will go down as one of the top HW's in MMA but he likewise has relatively few wins against top competition: a close win over Nog, Gan McGee and Randy to be balanced out by his loss to Rizzo, his multiple loses to Cro Cop and his lose to Nog.

Werdum has 1 great (and a truly great win) as well as some solid victories... but has to be balanced against loses to Sergei, JDS, Nog and Andrei Arlovski. That's not a whole amount different to Sylvia.

Hell... Cro Cop himself only really has his 3 wins over Barnett right at the top level... and he has some shocking loses on his record.

Yes, when you look at the 3 greatest HW's in MMA it pretty much goes Nog, Fedor, Cro Cop then probably Barnett... but right below that is the level Sylvia and a whole host of others congregate.

I always find it sad the way Tim Sylvia gets thrown under a bus.

Boxing fans are often accused of abandoning a fighter as being "exposed" after a loss... especially an embarrassing one to a fighter they were fully expected to beat with ease, but I don't think I've seen the level of contempt spewed about Sylvia (and to an extent the likes of Fedor, Mousassi, GSP post Serra, Shogun after Forrest/Coleman and Torres ) with regards to any boxer.

I mean, yes Ali should have beaten Spinks the first time, even considering how old and past it he was... yet his achievements weren't ridiculed. Hell, let's look at some recent ones: Sanchez/Candello, Liakovich/Brewster, Baldomir/Judah, Raheem/Morales... the list goes on. But none of those fighters had their entire careers tarnished the way it seems mainstream MMA fans have done to Sylvia.

No doubt.
Armchair warriors who insult a fighter should be shot.
Thanks for kind words before bud.

BTW, I love MMA; hate the fans.
They’re like WWE fans who’s fighters are now “real”.
The fights go real, the fans stayed the same.
(Not all fans, only some)...

Anyway, not why I’m calling.

Tim had a great work ethic, always comported himself like a gent, took the sport seriously and helped take it to new heights.

The guy could out strike the best strikers in the game (still can) and shut down the best grapplers in the game with equal effectiveness, and dammed sure, he’s an all-time great.

Even now, he makes kicking the strongest man in the world's ass look easy.
Could you do that?

When people criticize him, the first thing they do is point out his few losses.
Every MMA great has losses.

Now, even Fedor’s got one (a real one).
Lesnar loses every 6th time he fights, for cryin’ out loud.

Aside from Mercer, who apparently hits pretty hard whether is Timmy’s skull or anyone else’s, Tim has lost only to Fedor, Couture, Mir, Nog & Arlovski, and he’s 2 for 3 against the latter.

Shit…. Tim, Fedor, Couture, Mir, Nog & Arlovski.......

Throw in Bas, Coleman, Severn & Sak and you’ve just named the 10 greatest* heavyweights the sport has ever produced.

Tim can be accused of losing only to the very best, and only sometimes.
He fought every heavyweight in MMA history who was better than he was. How many fighters can say that?
(Nog can, but don't get smart).

What people didn’t like with Tim was always to do with aesthetics.
The way he looked.

He was too big, so he suffered from the ‘Nobody roots for Goliath” syndrome, and he was kind of pear shaped, which fans who watch the sport to see beautiful male bodies could never, um, get with.

Other than that, you can literally count on your fingers the MMA big boys who compare with Tim, and the .

(* With apologies to Rickson, Barnett, Royce, Ken, Vitor & Igor, who just missed the cut, or Brock, Jr., Cain & Shane, who are WIP’s).

Well, top 20 MMA HW at the time (and 40 pounds overweight at that - like most athletes, he didn't to take exhibitions any more seriously than Ali did the fight with Anoki, not even bothering to train), but otherwise yeah.

# 5, 7 or 9 at the time, on all of the noteworthy ratings. Nobody had Tim outside the top 10 at the time of his fight with Mercer.
I posted links at the time.

Mercer – Sylvia was not an exhibition. Indeed, it was the fight “To get MMA the respect it deserves” according to Tim at the time, and he was true to his word, doing all what Mercer would let him do toward that end.

The extra weight. Ya, that really swayed the outcome for me.
Tim was cool at 4 seconds of the first, but after second 6 he visibly began to slow down.
Mercer outlasted him because of Tim’s poor conditioning.
265 Tim moved like Ali.

Not really knowing what the fuck to do about a punch that wasn’t being thrown like your sister would throw it, that had no influence on the outcome, in my dream anyway.

Are you on the meth?!
Mercer wasn't anywhere close to near the top of Boxing last Summer in the fight with The Maine-iac!!

Mercer's best was in 1990, 1991.
By 1997, Ray was finished as a top Heavyweight boxer.
He had once been Top 5 and an Olympic Gold Medalist, but he was done by 1997.

Fast forward to 2009, and out of over 1 thousand licensed active Pro Heavyweight Boxers, Ray didn't even rank in the Top 100 anymore!

Ray was 48 years old with a bad back, hepatitis, and though The Maine-iac challenged him to a boxing match, no commission would sanction it, so 2 days before the scheduled fight, they agreed it could be held under MMA rules instead.

Ray was nowhere close to the top of his sport anymore, but The Maine-iac still was though, having fought Nogueira for the UFC Heavyweight Title just 16 months earlier.
The Maine-iac totally dominated and beat the p!$$ out of Nogueira for 3 rds until getting caught in a submission.

In fact, The Maine-iac's still near the top of his sport right now and could defeat most top fighters including Lesnar, but Dana won't use him because he's not a Draw like Lesnar, and The Maine-iac is a promoter's nightmare:
A guy that can win big fights, but the fights aren't very entertaining PLUS he doesn't catch on with the fans and doesn't sell tickets.

I think he's gonna achieve one last Title run though.
Win enough fights like the Buentello fight the other night, and he can't be ignored.

If there's still any doubt or excuses about the Mercer/Maine-iac fight, Toney will lay them to rest (along with Couture's body) in 13 days.

woah woah woah, while I agree he has never been a big sell, and fans did not care for him much, but saying he could beat top 10 or even top 20 with his out of shape assthese days, is rediculous

woah woah woah, while I agree he has never been a big sell, and fans did not care for him much, but saying he could beat top 10 or even top 20 with his out of shape assthese days, is rediculous

Come up with a list of top 20 HW's and then really think through it and decide whether Sylvia would lose to all of them.

I mean, off the top of my head and in no particular order the list would be along the lines of:

Fedor
Brock
Werdum
Carwin
JDS
Cain
Nelson
Barnett
Bigfoot
Overeem
Mir
Nog
Struve
Arlovski
Rogers
Rothwell
Gonzaga
Cro Cop
Alex. E.

With perhaps Monson and Rizzo being able to be substituted into the list... and I struggled to get that far.

Now, you may well disagree with individual names and I may have made some obvious omissions (although I can't think of any right now), but do you really think Sylvia wouldn't be able to beat a few of the names on that list?

Come up with a list of top 20 HW's and then really think through it and decide whether Sylvia would lose to all of them.

I mean, off the top of my head and in no particular order the list would be along the lines of:

Fedor
Brock
Werdum
Carwin
JDS
Cain
Nelson
Barnett
Bigfoot
Overeem
Mir
Nog
Struve
Arlovski
Rogers
Rothwell
Gonzaga
Cro Cop
Alex. E.

With perhaps Monson and Rizzo being able to be substituted into the list... and I struggled to get that far.

Now, you may well disagree with individual names and I may have made some obvious omissions (although I can't think of any right now), but do you really think Sylvia wouldn't be able to beat a few of the names on that list?

not the sylvia who shows up weighing 310 pounds, now if sylvia got himself back in to good fighting shape, of course he could, but what I was saying is now a days with him being so out of shape I do not believe he has it anymore, generally when you let yourself go like that, it means your heart is not in it anymore. perhaps I should have been more clear, my fault. it is a shame though I did like tim,I only cheered against him with mir and randy, I remember leaping out of my seat when he dropped arlovski with the fade away punch.

You see... this is what gets me.

Ricco Rodriguez (14-1)wasn't a top level fighter when they fought?
Gan McGee (12-1) and recently demolished a prime Rizzo wasn't a top level fighter?

That's an extra 2 right there.

Josh Barnett will go down as one of the top HW's in MMA but he likewise has relatively few wins against top competition: a close win over Nog, Gan McGee and Randy to be balanced out by his loss to Rizzo, his multiple loses to Cro Cop and his lose to Nog.

Werdum has 1 great (and a truly great win) as well as some solid victories... but has to be balanced against loses to Sergei, JDS, Nog and Andrei Arlovski. That's not a whole amount different to Sylvia.

Hell... Cro Cop himself only really has his 3 wins over Barnett right at the top level... and he has some shocking loses on his record.

Yes, when you look at the 3 greatest HW's in MMA it pretty much goes Nog, Fedor, Cro Cop then probably Barnett... but right below that is the level Sylvia and a whole host of others congregate.

This might be an argument about semantics (about what it means to be a top MMA fighter), but I'd say it means belonging to the elite class of a period. As you yourself say, Sylvia is in the level below that top class (which had Fedor, Nog and Crocop at the time Sylvia was at his peak).

That doesn't mean that Sylvia wasn't good, or wasn't top ten at his peak, but he wasn't a top level fighter. And of course, like all fighters with age and wear and tear he decreased from that point over the years ... by the time he fought Mercer he'd been finished two times in a row (by top level guys, but still, especially the loss to Fedor in less than a minute), and given all the new fighters (Lesnar, Carwin, Dos Santos, Cain) in the HW game its hard to see how he was rated in the top ten after Fedor.

Gan McGee was a good fighter, but again, look at his fights against the higher level fighters ... all losses except Rizzo. He was a solid gate keeper; a 12-1 record doesn't mean anything more in MMA by itself than it does in boxing, unless the wins are against top level guys.

Rizzo though I'll give you, he had some pretty good wins as well as losses ... I should have included him.

The extra weight. Ya, that really swayed the outcome for me.
Tim was cool at 4 seconds of the first, but after second 6 he visibly began to slow down.
Mercer outlasted him because of Tim’s poor conditioning.
265 Tim moved like Ali.

Now you're just trolling. You seem too knowledgeable to not know that the main point about a fighter coming in 30-40 pounds overweight is what it says about his training camp rather than conditioning in itself. Basically he didn't train seriously for the fight, and that means he came in completely unprepared. This happens in all sports, especially with older players who show up at training camp overweight, out of shape, and extremely rusty, and who look bad for the first month of regulation play because of it, and who only make the team because they've proven themselves in the past.

Last edited:

A lot of Bunk.

I love the on-line stuff. For a retired executive who’s hobbies include academic research this is a great time to be alive and the world wide web is one of the reasons why.
But I also respect printed material even now, in 2010, as un-green as the media may be.

The reason is all the overhead associated with putting something out in print; the staff, the paper, editing, printing, binding, storage, shipping, distribution, etc.

When it’s on-line it can be anything you want, and the quality varies.
But when you’ve all that labor & material required to put your thoughts into print, there has to be some standards of quality imposed to justify that cost; a burden that has skyrocketed in recent years.

And so it is, that I’ve been a collector of printed material for decades, with a range of items extending from the latest copy of “The Ring”, “Tatame” (Brazilian), “Gong Kakutogi” (Japanese) and “UFC” to journals and manuscripts that date back over 1600 years; I am a diligent researcher and collector of print, relating to this and several other areas of interest to me, with pre-paid accounts open at some of the most renowned antiquarian booksellers in America and Europe.
At man at leisure who does what he likes.

I may have been born smart but this is my secret to becoming so wise.
As to what’s made me such a wise-ass, that’s another story altogether.

When it comes to the question of where Tim Sylvia ranks among his peers as a Mixed Martial Arts fighter, we are all, regardless of our personal prejudices, bound by the inarguable conditions spelled out above regarding standards of quality and how those are associated with published works as opposed to the hogwash found on-line, which often is worth the paper it’s not printed on and no more.

Elite Fighter magazine last year outsold rivals Fight!, Real Fighter, Ultimate MMA, TapOut, MMA Worldwide, MMA Sports, Gracie Mag, BJJ Legends, the venerable Full Contact Fighter and even the global rag Fighters Only, with their blockbuster edition titled “The 50 greatest MMA Fighters Ranked”, which I have referred to many times in recent posts.

That this edition was made available at all Wal-Mart stores from coast to coast made what I’m about to lay on you wash over America’s purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain.

I don’t personally agree with all of the positions, and I’m in the position to argue my thoughts, and the omission of Wanderlei Silva all together gives me cause to wonder if his name didn’t somehow get dropped on the floor at the printer.
But, it is a good list aside from that.

As the magazine’s editor Doug Jeffrey puts it; “This type of list could probably be debated forever”, but the thing to remember is that when forever finally comes around, history will be looking at this list, and not the ones scrawled by the posters here at what we originals used to call “Sherdog’s UFC Fan Page” in the late 90’s.

So listen up kiddies, cuz it’s the last time I’m gonna say it:

Note where Tim Sylvia is # 19 – All weight classes, All-Time.

Note that in all of MMA history there are just 9 heavyweights and just 5 full-time heavyweights who rank higher than Timmeh.

Got that?
Just 5 of em’.

No unproven Brock or Junior or Cain or Carwin, just the real goods, who’ve had a chance to prove it for real, not just bang through 6 or 8 or 11 fights & claim king of the mountain.

Just the real dealers……

The Elite Fighter magazine All-Time P4P List:

1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. Georges St. Pierre
4. Rickson Gracie
5. BJ Penn
6. Matt Hughes
7. Lyoto Machida
8. Randy Couture
9. Chuck Liddell
10. Royce Gracie
11. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
12. Dan Henderson
13. Bas Rutten
14. Mark Coleman
15. Tito Ortiz
16. Dan Severn
17. Quinton Jackson
18. Kazushi Sakuraba
19. Tim Sylvia
20. Frank Shamrock
21. Takanori Gomi
22. Frank Mir
23. Vitor Belfort
24. Andrei Arlovski
25. Ken Shamrock
26. Miguel Torres
27.Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto
28. Pat Miletich
29. Urijah Faber
30. Josh Barnett
31. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
32. Rich Franklin
33. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
34. Igor Vovchanchyn
35. Paulo Filho
36. Rashad Evans
37. Sean Sherk
38. Shinya Aoki
39. Mike Brown
40. Masakatsu Funaki
41. Jens Pulver
42. Don Frye
43. Jake Shields
44. Jeremy Horn
45. Alistair Overeem
46. Jon Fitch
47. Nate Marquardt
48. Guy Mezger
49. Diego Sanchez
50. Helio Gracie

Last edited:
Tim Sylvia gets a bad rap...he really does. He has been able to utilize his skill set and weapons effecitively

The truth is, he would still defeat about 85% of the HW's in the UFC.

I see him easily defeating the likes of Roy Nelson, Rothwell, Gonzaga, Struve, Duffee, etc.

And yeah, I think he would give Carwin, Velazquez, Brock Lesnar and even JDS trouble....

People say, "oh he only beats bums now and lost three straight before fighting in sub par promotions"...

He lost to Fedor, which everyone does with the exception of Werdum.

He lost to Big Nog after kicking the living $hit out of him for three rounds.

He stood with a boxer in Ray Mercer and made a huge mistake.

I'm not a fan of Tim Sylvia but I give him respect for having the balls to jump ship from the UFC and challenge Fedor...

I give Sylvia respect for taking a huge risk in a no win situation against Mercer.

If the discussion ended, why the fuck are people still constantly arguing?

Tim Sylvia gets a bad rap...he really does. He has been able to utilize his skill set and weapons effecitively

The truth is, he would still defeat about 85% of the HW's in the UFC.

I see him easily defeating the likes of Roy Nelson, Rothwell, Gonzaga, Struve, Duffee, etc.

And yeah, I think he would give Carwin, Velazquez, Brock Lesnar and even JDS trouble....

People say, "oh he only beats bums now and lost three straight before fighting in sub par promotions"...

He lost to Fedor, which everyone does with the exception of Werdum.

He lost to Big Nog after kicking the living $hit out of him for three rounds.

He stood with a boxer in Ray Mercer and made a huge mistake.

I'm not a fan of Tim Sylvia but I give him respect for having the balls to jump ship from the UFC and challenge Fedor...

I give Sylvia respect for taking a huge risk in a no win situation against Mercer.

Glad to see Tim actually has a few fans still. You make some decent points, but Tim hasn't shown me anything in his last five fights that makes me think he can hang with any of the UFC's top heavyweights.

A lot of Bunk.

I love the on-line stuff. For a retired executive who’s hobbies include academic research this is a great time to be alive and the world wide web is one of the reasons why.
But I also respect printed material even now, in 2010, as un-green as the media may be.

The reason is all the overhead associated with putting something out in print; the staff, the paper, editing, printing, binding, storage, shipping, distribution, etc.

When it’s on-line it can be anything you want, and the quality varies.
But when you’ve all that labor & material required to put your thoughts into print, there has to be some standards of quality imposed to justify that cost; a burden that has skyrocketed in recent years.

And so it is, that I’ve been a collector of printed material for decades, with a range of items extending from the latest copy of “The Ring”, “Tatame” (Brazilian), “Gong Kakutogi” (Japanese) and “UFC” to journals and manuscripts that date back over 1600 years; I am a diligent researcher and collector of print, relating to this and several other areas of interest to me, with pre-paid accounts open at some of the most renowned antiquarian booksellers in America and Europe.
At man at leisure who does what he likes.

I may have been born smart but this is my secret to becoming so wise.
As to what’s made me such a wise-ass, that’s another story altogether.

When it comes to the question of where Tim Sylvia ranks among his peers as a Mixed Martial Arts fighter, we are all, regardless of our personal prejudices, bound by the inarguable conditions spelled out above regarding standards of quality and how those are associated with published works as opposed to the hogwash found on-line, which often is worth the paper it’s not printed on and no more.

Elite Fighter magazine last year outsold rivals Fight!, Real Fighter, Ultimate MMA, TapOut, MMA Worldwide, MMA Sports, Gracie Mag, BJJ Legends, the venerable Full Contact Fighter and even the global rag Fighters Only, with their blockbuster edition titled “The 50 greatest MMA Fighters Ranked”, which I have referred to many times in recent posts.

That this edition was made available at all Wal-Mart stores from coast to coast made what I’m about to lay on you wash over America’s purple mountains majesty and amber waves of grain.

I don’t personally agree with all of the positions, and I’m in the position to argue my thoughts, and the omission of Wanderlei Silva all together gives me cause to wonder if his name didn’t somehow get dropped on the floor at the printer.
But, it is a good list aside from that.

As the magazine’s editor Doug Jeffrey puts it; “This type of list could probably be debated forever”, but the thing to remember is that when forever finally comes around, history will be looking at this list, and not the ones scrawled by the posters here at what we originals used to call “Sherdog’s UFC Fan Page” in the late 90’s.

So listen up kiddies, cuz it’s the last time I’m gonna say it:

Note where Tim Sylvia is # 19 – All weight classes, All-Time.

Note that in all of MMA history there are just 9 heavyweights and just 5 full-time heavyweights who rank higher than Timmeh.

Got that?
Just 5 of em’.

No unproven Brock or Junior or Cain or Carwin, just the real goods, who’ve had a chance to prove it for real, not just bang through 6 or 8 or 11 fights & claim king of the mountain.

Just the real dealers……

The Elite Fighter magazine All-Time P4P List:

1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. Georges St. Pierre
4. Rickson Gracie
5. BJ Penn
6. Matt Hughes
7. Lyoto Machida
8. Randy Couture
9. Chuck Liddell
10. Royce Gracie
11. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
12. Dan Henderson
13. Bas Rutten
14. Mark Coleman
15. Tito Ortiz
16. Dan Severn
17. Quinton Jackson
18. Kazushi Sakuraba
19. Tim Sylvia
20. Frank Shamrock
21. Takanori Gomi
22. Frank Mir
23. Vitor Belfort
24. Andrei Arlovski
25. Ken Shamrock
26. Miguel Torres
27.Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto
28. Pat Miletich
29. Urijah Faber
30. Josh Barnett
31. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
32. Rich Franklin
33. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
34. Igor Vovchanchyn
35. Paulo Filho
36. Rashad Evans
37. Sean Sherk
38. Shinya Aoki
39. Mike Brown
40. Masakatsu Funaki
41. Jens Pulver
42. Don Frye
43. Jake Shields
44. Jeremy Horn
45. Alistair Overeem
46. Jon Fitch
47. Nate Marquardt
48. Guy Mezger
49. Diego Sanchez
50. Helio Gracie

yes lets quote a magazine that lists Overeem in top 50 all time p4p when he had zero quality wins when this was published lol good trolling sir! I thought you said this was "the real goods that proved it for real" Really lol? Overeem has proven it for real?? hahaha And Frank Mir 22? lol wtf, this list is worse than sherdog lists hahaha. Diego sanchez top 50 p4p all-time? OMG i can't stop laughing. Good god what a joke you are playing to quote this.

This is a tired old argument. Yes, the best natural athletes tend to go where they will make the most money. Notice the tends to in this context: it is not universal: if we argue that it's univeral, we

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back