bernard hopkins ended the discussion of boxers vs mma fighters

Says the dumbfu*k who thought Pacquiao had "no chance" against Cotto.

Kid McCoy, you might want to pipe down before you embarrass yourself again Grandpa.

Says the dumb fuck who said "Juan Diaz will make adjustments and beat Marquez. You heard it here first."

I never take you seriously anymore...you are a joke and a liar. Your hatred for MMA and MMA fighters has really undermined your credibility.

You claim to know that he's trolling, and you claim that he has absolutely no credibility, yet you continue to get upset with any negative post he makes about MMA? I don't get it. Something tells me if he really has no credibility like you claim then you would be able to ignore him.

You know, the best trolling is the type that contains a little bit of truth :icon_chee

You've been here since what? March of 09?
You've never posted anything insightful, even once, and you want to have an e-war with me?

I require 5 years as the same poster here to discuss credibility, and you're not qualified yet.

It's cuz I called you a ***, hah.
If I show you my freakshow will that make up for it?

Get onto a new hobby and ignore my posts, Mary.

Yeah because how long you've been posting on Sherdog is always equal to how long someone has been a fan.

You've been here since what? March of 09?
You've never posted anything insightful, even once, and you want to have an e-war with me?

I require 5 years as the same poster here to discuss credibility, and you're not qualified yet.

It's cuz I called you a ***, hah.
If I show you my freakshow will that make up for it?

Get onto a new hobby and ignore my posts, Mary.

LOL, caught you in another lie dip$hit...on the topic of TOney vs Couture, I said, "Toney's style of boxing, especially in terms of defense will not translate well in the world of MMA...A boxer who can stick and move and establish distance between his opponent would do much better, such as PBF, the Klitchkos etc..."

you replied, "...you speak the truth..."

And Grandpa...you've been here since 2003 posting thousands and thousands of posts...don't you have a life outside this forum? Don't wave around your "blackbelt" like it's a badge of honor you senile piece of $hit.

Yeah because how long you've been posting on Sherdog is always equal to how long someone has been a fan.

C'mon...go easy on kid mccoy...this forum is all he has going for him in his pathetic, lonely life.

LOL, caught you in another lie dip$hit...on the topic of TOney vs Couture, I said, "Toney's style of boxing, especially in terms of defense will not translate well in the world of MMA...A boxer who can stick and move and establish distance between his opponent would do much better, such as PBF, the Klitchkos etc..."

you replied, "...you speak the truth..."

And Grandpa...you've been here since 2003 posting thousands and thousands of posts...don't you have a life outside this forum? Don't wave around your "blackbelt" like it's a badge of honor you senile piece of $hit.

Em, I hate to do this, but his post-per-day ratio isn't much higher than yours; 2.87 to 2.09.

Although in researching that I did find this that made me chuckle a little...

friends.png

Awwww.

Well, not in the HW's anyway...

Lulz... who is here to make "friends"?

That word has lost meaning in this day and age.

I'm just waiting for Abishai to challenge Kid McCoy to a fight and yell "Get in my guard"

I'm just waiting for Abishai to challenge Kid McCoy to a fight and yell "Get in my guard"

Actually, I prefer stand up.

And if you think I"m some typical "heavies" poster who thinks "boxing is dead" think again...

I love both sports.

I don't really like anyone who deprecates either sport or the fighters of both sports.

Em, I hate to do this, but his post-per-day ratio isn't much higher than yours; 2.87 to 2.09.

Although in researching that I did find this that made me chuckle a little...

friends.png

Awwww.

Well, not in the HW's anyway...

Consort,

LOL...touche...no worries.

actually I do gotta say I really like what you have to say and have found your comments on both sports (boxing and MMA) the most interesting and intelligent to read...

YouTube - Get in my Guard - GUILTYHUMOR.COM

There's like 4 of those videos... and they're all awesome...

Consort,

LOL...touche...no worries.

actually I do gotta say I really like what you have to say and have found your comments on both sports (boxing and MMA) the most interesting and intelligent to read...

Thank you kindly.

Yeah you're right, my bad bro I forgot only Boxers in their prime know to kick, knee, elbow, throw strikes in the clinch and defend against all those things. Damn all these stupid Kickboxers who train Kickboxing, they should only start training Boxing.
Yet a 48 year old fat old man with back pains and hepatitis one punch KO'd a top 10 MMA HW in less than 10 seconds.

Tim's kicking didn't help him any.

Hey we all know Bob Sapp is such a skilled fighter, look at his amazing kicks, elbows and knees. That's why he was able to beat Hoost twice right?

And lol at requesting a ban on Kid, he actually contributed to Sherdog for a long time before idiots like you showed up after watching "fighters" drink others jizz on TUF. He still contributes, you just have to mine through the trolling to read the facts.

Now here’s a kid who’s had his allowance money hijacked by Mom’s latest boyfriend.

You need to have a sit down with Jamal and see if he won’t give you back half, so that you can pick up this month’s copy of UFC magazine, available at your local Wal-Mart and other fine retailers (like there are any others retailers in your town, right?).

In the big August September issue, the cover shows Randy Couture, the savior of MMA, dressed in a plain white t-shirt with an American flag in the background, and the cover story reads:

“Who’s afraid of a Boxer? Randy Couture settles the MMA vs. Boxing debate”

Sounds as much like a forgone conclusion as Dewey defeats Truman, or Sylvia defeats Mercer.

Pretty balsey stuff if you ask me, seeing as how that debate only exists on this here little thread, and was already settled in the most emphatic way imaginable last year when Ray Mercer handed another UFC king, Tim Sylvia and “The entire MMA community” it’s collective head in under 10 seconds.

Fact is, even when paying directly for all your media coverage with money that would otherwise get paid to the pauper-wage fighters, the public can take only so much of the redundancy of two pink-haired homosexuals rolling around with their scrotums being dragged across each other’s forehead.

The UFC knows an ‘angle” as though they stole the WWE playbook (which by the way….), and bringing in a strait-style fighter to talk some smack and slap some of their resident fruits around is a great way to sell some tickets.

Given that the newsstand shelf life of this issue encompasses the span of 4 UFC shows which collectively feature a who’s who of current UFC stars including Clay Guida, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Stephan Bonnar, Chris Lytle, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Chris Leben, Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin, Frankie Edgar, B.J. Penn, Kenny Florian, Gray Maynard, Marcus Davis, Nate Diaz, Ant

perhaps when i get a boost of energy i will contribute to the never ending Boxing discussion, these things always take a turn for the best :)

Yet a 48 year old fat old man with back pains and hepatitis one punch KO'd a top 10 MMA HW in less than 10 seconds.

Well, top 20 MMA HW at the time (and 40 pounds overweight at that - like most athletes, he didn't to take exhibitions any more seriously than Ali did the fight with Anoki, not even bothering to train), but otherwise yeah.

I always find it sad the way Tim Sylvia gets thrown under a bus.

Boxing fans are often accused of abandoning a fighter as being "exposed" after a loss... especially an embarrassing one to a fighter they were fully expected to beat with ease, but I don't think I've seen the level of contempt spewed about Sylvia (and to an extent the likes of Fedor, Mousassi, GSP post Serra, Shogun after Forrest/Coleman and Torres ) with regards to any boxer.

I mean, yes Ali should have beaten Spinks the first time, even considering how old and past it he was... yet his achievements weren't ridiculed. Hell, let's look at some recent ones: Sanchez/Candello, Liakovich/Brewster, Baldomir/Judah, Raheem/Morales... the list goes on. But none of those fighters had their entire careers tarnished the way it seems mainstream MMA fans have done to Sylvia.

I always find it sad the way Tim Sylvia gets thrown under a bus.

Boxing fans are often accused of abandoning a fighter as being "exposed" after a loss... especially an embarrassing one to a fighter they were fully expected to beat with ease, but I don't think I've seen the level of contempt spewed about Sylvia (and to an extent the likes of Fedor, Mousassi, GSP post Serra, Shogun after Forrest/Coleman and Torres ) with regards to any boxer.

I mean, yes Ali should have beaten Spinks the first time, even considering how old and past it he was... yet his achievements weren't ridiculed. Hell, let's look at some recent ones: Sanchez/Candello, Liakovich/Brewster, Baldomir/Judah, Raheem/Morales... the list goes on. But none of those fighters had their entire careers tarnished the way it seems mainstream MMA fans have done to Sylvia.

I don't know Dawson being dragged though the mudd right now and a ton of people came out of the wood works to shot on Trinidad after Hopkins beat and I expect the same when PAC and floyd losses someday.

I like the other thread that I think X made about people shitting on guys after they lose. If I like a fighter and support him then I try to stick with him until the end but honestly the last fighter I really got attached to was Trinidad and I got alot love for Arrerola to now adays.

Back