Berardi's "Foods to avoid at all cost": which ones are you eating?

I was going to pick some almond butter up at the grocery yesterday, but they didn't have any. All they sold was peanut butter, Nutella, and soynut butter (with flaxseed oil). I ended up getting the soynut butter. Have you ever tried that? :icon_chee

I'll have to go somewhere to look for almond butter. Where do you normally find yours? I didn't find any at Wal-Mart grocery or Krogers. :icon_cry2

Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market.

I use soymilk in my cereal (allergic to milk), as well as isolated soy protein rather than excessive amounts of whey protein. (the soy protein isolate is on recommendation from a sports nutritionist, I know it's hated around here, but it works well for me)

I was going to pick some almond butter up at the grocery yesterday, but they didn't have any. All they sold was peanut butter, Nutella, and soynut butter (with flaxseed oil). I ended up getting the soynut butter. Have you ever tried that? :icon_chee

I'll have to go somewhere to look for almond butter. Where do you normally find yours? I didn't find any at Wal-Mart grocery or Krogers. :icon_cry2

Nutella is what Angels spread on their virgin asses for glorious hedonists like me to lick off in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Costco has it for about $6, I think the jar is 750 grams or so.

That's where I get mine from.

Made an almond butter/banana/vanilla whey/milk PWO shake today. It kicked ass.

Same! But with chocolate powder and some greens. Still, the almond/banana combo is excellent.

Oh hell yes. Costco membership, HERE I COME!

Costco is the shit. We don't acutally have one here, but theres one not to far off, and someone in my family is always going there every few weeks, so I get all my basics.

A 6 lbs bag of broccoli/cauliflower was $6. 12 salmon burgers, $12.

Just for comparison the same things at M&M's would be about $6 for a 2lbs. bag, and $12 for maybe 4 salmon burgers.

Had my first almond butter pwo shake....holy balls it was delicious. Totally recommend it. Easily better than peanut butter

That's where I get mine from.

Made an almond butter/banana/vanilla whey/milk PWO shake today. It kicked ass.

I picked up some almond butter today ($10.99!) and a little jar of sunflower seed butter to try. Is your almond butter really runny? Mine had a lot of oil on top, and I tried to stir it up, but it was still very runny and goopy.

I picked up some almond butter today ($10.99!) and a little jar of sunflower seed butter to try. Is your almond butter really runny? Mine had a lot of oil on top, and I tried to stir it up, but it was still very runny and goopy.

should be fairly thick if you stir it all the way through. make sure you get all the way to the bottom.

Flip it upside down in the fridge.

Almond butter is so fucking expensive!!

If you have a Vitamin Cottage nearby, go there. The one I go to grinds almonds in the store, fresh, and they're only about $3

should be fairly thick if you stir it all the way through. make sure you get all the way to the bottom.

It's stirred up really good now, but it's still really runny. It's runny to the point of not being able to scoop it out well with a fork. And it runs out of the sandwich when I'm holding it. Maybe I just got a bad brand.

I thought it tasted ok at first, but I don't think I'm a big fan of the taste. It's not as good as I thought it was going to be.

I thought it tasted ok at first, but I don't think I'm a big fan of the taste. It's not as good as I thought it was going to be.

Yeah, I prefer cashew butter, but it is more expensive.

Same! But with chocolate powder and some greens. Still, the almond/banana combo is excellent.

Costco is the shit. We don't acutally have one here, but theres one not to far off, and someone in my family is always going there every few weeks, so I get all my basics.

A 6 lbs bag of broccoli/cauliflower was $6. 12 salmon burgers, $12.

Just for comparison the same things at M&M's would be about $6 for a 2lbs. bag, and $12 for maybe 4 salmon burgers.

damn americans and their damn half price food

5 lb bag of normandy veg is $15, 5 lb bag of 'stir fry stle' veg is the same

Thats all the choice we get

Costco has it for about $6, I think the jar is 750 grams or so.

I'm going to have to look now next time I'm there

LOL@"lifefoods"

You know that makes you sound as nutty as Luke, right?

The recent suspension hoax was pretty funny though

Back