Bent the Bastard this morning

I don't know shit about bending, but good job man. That seems as hard as hell.

I don't like your steady, humbling progress. And that means Smashius or Urban will probably ban you :icon_chee

Nice.

edit: the fact that it's off the center doesn't help.

congrats as that's a truly huge accomplishment....

I don't like your steady, humbling progress. And that means Smashius or Urban will probably ban you :icon_chee

Nice.

edit: the fact that it's off the center doesn't help.

In before teh ban!

Thanks for the good words guys! I'll let you guys know if and when I get put on the list.

I think you have become the bending champion of the board for the time being.

nice job. In to bending myself.

how long did it take you to bend the bastard? what could you bend when you started?

nice job. In to bending myself.

how long did it take you to bend the bastard? what could you bend when you started?

About 4 months to the red, 5 to the bastard. I started with timber spikes, and when I started bending DO I got a blue nail right away.

Im interested about the diameter and length of the pieces your bending. Want to get some to try but dunno what size rods I should get.

Edit: And what are the rules etc. Can I use any body part to bend agains?

Im interested about the diameter and length of the pieces your bending. Want to get some to try but dunno what size rods I should get.

Edit: And what are the rules etc. Can I use any body part to bend agains?

That's 5/16", 7" long cold rolled steel. For unbraced bending (what's seen here) the bar cannot touch any body part except the hands and the hands cannot go below the waist.

To start out you'd want to start with 3/16" about 6" long and do a lot of volume, I wouldn't reccomend trying this unless you have already spent a couple of months training your wrists with levering and wrist rolling.

That's 5/16", 7" long cold rolled steel. For unbraced bending (what's seen here) the bar cannot touch any body part except the hands and the hands cannot go below the waist.

To start out you'd want to start with 3/16" about 6" long and do a lot of volume, I wouldn't reccomend trying this unless you have already spent a couple of months training your wrists with levering and wrist rolling.

Thanks. So I'll go and get me some 5 millimeter thick cold rolled steel bar and cut it to 15 cm pieces. Any advice on the handles? Or is that just matter of taste? Propably something that does not help bend the bar...

I have a good old fashiond sledge hammer with about 1meter saft. 25 pounds or so. Have to start levering more. I've done "finger runs" up and down the shaft. and some negative levering, but need to get more into that.

Thanks. So I'll go and get me some 5 millimeter thick cold rolled steel bar and cut it to 15 cm pieces. Any advice on the handles? Or is that just matter of taste? Propably something that does not help bend the bar...

I have a good old fashiond sledge hammer with about 1meter saft. 25 pounds or so. Have to start levering more. I've done "finger runs" up and down the shaft. and some negative levering, but need to get more into that.

Leather is the nicest legal thing to bend with. It's the best for cushioning your palms against the bar so you're able to put more force into it with less pain and it's durable. Ironmind has cordura wraps which are good as well but equal more pain and harder bends.

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I'm officially certified now. #75 on the bastard list.

WHOOOO!!!!

BENDERBAG1

Back