Benson Henderson: "Let's see who's game at 170 lbs???"

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Benson might just move to 170 in his next fight.. he just posted in his blog.

Source: http://www.smoothbensonhenderson.com/blog/proverbs-169

Proverbs 16:9...A lot of times things don't go your way, as unfair & as unjust as things are that's how it is a lot of times. That's called life.

It's not going to stop being unfair if you cry, whine, or complain about things. Sometimes you have to suck it up, man up and acknowledge what you can do better and start working on getting better. A big huge thanks to all my family, friends and fans for their support and kind words after such a disappointing decision against Cowboy last night. Gotta take my hat off to Cowboy too, nothing but love for him. He did exactly what he was supposed to do; try and beat me up. Cowboy doesn't control the judges decision anymore than I do. He's a gamer, who else would take that fight on 2 weeks notice, not a single other fighter said yes.

My promise, as always, is to continue to get one percent better everyday, do it all for His glory and hold nothing back for the swim to shore.

Let's see who's game at 170 lbs???

#TheOnceAndFutureKing
BH

Probably not the best of ideas

I don't get why he thinks he will find success at 170 why he's lost 2 in a row at 155.

I actually thought Benson won that close fight. But yeah, he will make some noise at 170, you can bet on that.

Could work out for him, could also end terribly for him.

Benson Vs Magny, just to test the waters.

I wonder why he had chosen to become striker lately, really...

The 170 may theoretically be an answer, as he will have even harder time taking the WWs down.

I really have a hard time seeing Benson doing as well at WW than he is doing at LW.

Yes. Benson would be game for Lombard. Makes sense

That's the fight to make after Lombard loses to Rory

I wonder why he had chosen to become striker lately, really...

The 170 may theoretically be an answer, as he will have even harder time taking the WWs down.

not just his striking, his whole style changed. Ben dosnt come forward with the "Dominate" mindset anymore. He dosnt seem to try to make the fights grueling so he can wear down his opponents and batter them. Even with his striking you can tell....the last shots that wernt kicks ben committed to were the elbows against gil.

guys like thompson,RDA,and cowboy are backing ben up with forward pressure, when that used to be bens forward pressure. Although ben shoud have beat cowboy

Benson could still win the 155 strap again. He won't be more than a couple of impressive wins away from a title shot.

I think this in response to him feeling a little despondent about his last two fights.

I've got a lot of time for him and I think he should just keep plugging away. It'll come good for him

Kudos for him going UP in competition.

I'd say he'd probably have a better chance at going down and fighting Jose Aldo but he already knows that is stacked. And besides Frankie Edgar has Benson's number if they were to ever fight again. Benson will most likely get murked by Hendricks, Condit, Lawler, etc.

Back