Benefits of getting knocked out.

MuayThai2112

White Belt
Reaction score
I just got ko'd last night and i was wondering if there is any benefits beside knowing what getting ko'd feels like. Like does getting knocked out decrease chances of a future knockout or increase them.

Still feeling the after effects are you?.

lmao, quality post.

Apparently after being knocked out, after a 1 week long period your penis will gain 4 inches in length and girth will also increase. You will also gain 30 pounds of lean muscle mass on the 2 week mark after your knockout.

of course there are no benefits, what the hell man go to the doctor because you clearly aren't thinking straight.

No you cannot build up a concussion tolerance. Maybe getting KOed will teach you what you did wrong and how to avoid getting hit like that again. However, most research points to the fact that having a concussion increases the likelihood of having another. Look up concussion under wikipedia if you don't want to use Pubmed.

KO's are not something you want to keep getting. They'll add up over time and could have some issues later.

The only benefit I can think of is that you know where the holes in your game are, and it motivates you to fix them.

But losing a decision would do that too.

See a doctor

You really should see the doctor if you got knocked out, unchecked concussions can lead to some very bad things.

Aside from that, no there aren't any benefits to getting knocked out! No brain trauma is good. And yes, the general consensus is that the more knockouts you've taken, the easier it is to have that flip switched later on. The actual medical term for a KO is a "severe concussion", meaning that you need to get your ass down to the doctor's for an MRI/ cat scan

And yes, the general consensus is that the more knockouts you've taken, the easier it is to have that flip switched later on.

Did you mean "switch flipped" later on? :icon_lol:

Ps. To the TS, there are no benefits.

:icon_chee

lmao, quality post.

Apparently after being knocked out, after a 1 week long period your penis will gain 4 inches in length and girth will also increase. You will also gain 30 pounds of lean muscle mass on the 2 week mark after your knockout.

of course there are no benefits, what the hell man go to the doctor because you clearly aren't thinking straight.

Im thinking straight. I ws just trying to find out whether people build a tolerance to knockouts the more that they happen.

I've been knocked out twice and had 5 concussions of varying degree (none through fighting, mostly hockey). There is absolutely no benefit to getting knocked out and the more it happens the easier it you'll get concussions later on and the worse they will be. Especially if you haven't fully recovered yet, after a concussion you won't be the same and aren't fully recovered for a month or two. I had one very bad concussion where my motor skills were off for about two months, I felt really slow and weird. Took about 5 months off of anything to do with contact sports after that.

I was just trying to find out whether people build a tolerance to knockouts the more that they happen.

If "people build a tolerance to knockouts the more that they happen" ? :eek:

read that slowly again and again. Now ask yourself .....are you truly recovered ?

Or maybe you really dont know that in which case ...WOW !!!

you probably shouldnt be fighting yet if you dont know something as fundamental as that.

Think...Chuck Lidell's been knocked out 6-7 times in a row now. Do u think (by your logic) he's developed the World's Strongest Chin ?
when have you ever heard in the NFL,NBA,NHL where they say "So n so is just back from his 3rd concussion........he's really gonna be lighting it up now ! "

I've seen some strange/dumb questions on Sherdog but this takes the cake !
:icon_lol:

If "people build a tolerance to knockouts the more that they happen" ? :eek:

read that slowly again and again. Now ask yourself .....are you truly recovered ?

Or maybe you really dont know that in which case ...WOW !!!

you probably shouldnt be fighting yet if you dont know something as fundamental as that.

Think...Chuck Lidell's been knocked out 6-7 times in a row now. Do u think (by your logic) he's developed the World's Strongest Chin ?
when have you ever heard in the NFL,NBA,NHL where they say "So n so is just back from his 3rd concussion........he's really gonna be lighting it up now ! "

I've seen some strange/dumb questions on Sherdog but this takes the cake !
:icon_lol:

Thanks dickhead but i was just asking a question, i wasn't stating that knockouts make you 'tougher'.
I also doubt this is the dumbest question on sherdog...i mean cmon, it's full of stupid american rednecks such as yourself.

I benefitted from knowing that if a boxer unloads on you with a mean ass right hook, sometimes you will wake up on your ass.

Also, that it fucks up your head for a while, it ruins your ego, shatters pride, etc.

Atleast for me.

I feel like I'm a better person because of it though, or maybe thats the dead brain cells talking. How the hell should I know.

Thanks dickhead but i was just asking a question, i wasn't stating that knockouts make you 'tougher'.
I also doubt this is the dumbest question on sherdog...i mean cmon, it's full of stupid american rednecks such as yourself.

So, where is that yellow card?

No it really is the dumbest question on sherdog, hands down.

Once you get knocked out or lose, you're no longer afraid of it. At least that's what happened to me the first time. When it happened to me I was like, "That was bad, but not as bad as I expected."

Concussions are a dangerous thing....go see a doctor.

Now that you're back from the doctor, keep in mind that concussions are more common after the 1st one. Fighting is a risky game.

Back