1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Benefits of getting knocked out.

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by MuayThai2112, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MuayThai2112

MuayThai2112 White Belt

I just got ko'd last night and i was wondering if there is any benefits beside knowing what getting ko'd feels like. Like does getting knocked out decrease chances of a future knockout or increase them.

2. Nostromo

Nostromo Guest

Still feeling the after effects are you?

3. Boxer123

Boxer123 Guest

lmao, quality post.

Apparently after being knocked out, after a 1 week long period your penis will gain 4 inches in length and girth will also increase. You will also gain 30 pounds of lean muscle mass on the 2 week mark after your knockout.

of course there are no benefits, what the hell man go to the doctor because you clearly aren't thinking straight.

4. Bennosuke

Bennosuke Blue Belt

No you cannot build up a concussion tolerance. Maybe getting KOed will teach you what you did wrong and how to avoid getting hit like that again. However, most research points to the fact that having a concussion increases the likelihood of having another. Look up concussion under wikipedia if you don't want to use Pubmed.

5. wildman1717

wildman1717 Green Belt

KO's are not something you want to keep getting. They'll add up over time and could have some issues later.

6. ninjaunicorn

ninjaunicorn Green Belt

The only benefit I can think of is that you know where the holes in your game are, and it motivates you to fix them.

But losing a decision would do that too.

See a doctor

7. Connoisseur

Connoisseur Purple Belt

You really should see the doctor if you got knocked out, unchecked concussions can lead to some very bad things.

Aside from that, no there aren't any benefits to getting knocked out! No brain trauma is good. And yes, the general consensus is that the more knockouts you've taken, the easier it is to have that flip switched later on. The actual medical term for a KO is a "severe concussion", meaning that you need to get your ass down to the doctor's for an MRI/ cat scan

8. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

Did you mean "switch flipped" later on? :icon_lol:

Ps. To the TS, there are no benefits.

:icon_chee

9. MuayThai2112

MuayThai2112 White Belt

Im thinking straight. I ws just trying to find out whether people build a tolerance to knockouts the more that they happen.

10. jerunk

jerunk Orange Belt

I've been knocked out twice and had 5 concussions of varying degree (none through fighting, mostly hockey). There is absolutely no benefit to getting knocked out and the more it happens the easier it you'll get concussions later on and the worse they will be. Especially if you haven't fully recovered yet, after a concussion you won't be the same and aren't fully recovered for a month or two. I had one very bad concussion where my motor skills were off for about two months, I felt really slow and weird. Took about 5 months off of anything to do with contact sports after that.

11. NuTzOnSwOll

NuTzOnSwOll Purple Belt

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  12. NuTzOnSwOll

NuTzOnSwOll Purple Belt

If "people build a tolerance to knockouts the more that they happen" ? :eek:

read that slowly again and again. Now ask yourself .....are you truly recovered ?

Or maybe you really dont know that in which case ...WOW !!!

you probably shouldnt be fighting yet if you dont know something as fundamental as that.

Think...Chuck Lidell's been knocked out 6-7 times in a row now. Do u think (by your logic) he's developed the World's Strongest Chin ?
    when have you ever heard in the NFL,NBA,NHL where they say "So n so is just back from his 3rd concussion........he's really gonna be lighting it up now ! "

I've seen some strange/dumb questions on Sherdog but this takes the cake !
    :icon_lol:

13. MuayThai2112

MuayThai2112 White Belt

Thanks dickhead but i was just asking a question, i wasn't stating that knockouts make you 'tougher'.
    I also doubt this is the dumbest question on sherdog...i mean cmon, it's full of stupid american rednecks such as yourself.

14. Ocion

Ocion Yellow Belt

I benefitted from knowing that if a boxer unloads on you with a mean ass right hook, sometimes you will wake up on your ass.

Also, that it fucks up your head for a while, it ruins your ego, shatters pride, etc.

Atleast for me.

I feel like I'm a better person because of it though, or maybe thats the dead brain cells talking. How the hell should I know.

15. Hojo undo

Hojo undo White Belt

So, where is that yellow card?

16. Cannon_6

Cannon_6 Green Belt

It does neither. Better luck next time.

You may appear in a highlight reel, however.

17. jerunk

jerunk Orange Belt

No it really is the dumbest question on sherdog, hands down.

18. luisbrosPRIDE

luisbrosPRIDE Blue Belt

not the dumbest but a strong contender .. anyways ts made himself look like an idiot

19. Marvin Covar

Marvin Covar Amateur Fighter

Once you get knocked out or lose, you're no longer afraid of it. At least that's what happened to me the first time. When it happened to me I was like, "That was bad, but not as bad as I expected."

20. Lionidas

Lionidas Brown Belt

Concussions are a dangerous thing....go see a doctor.

Now that you're back from the doctor, keep in mind that concussions are more common after the 1st one. Fighting is a risky game.