Bendo beats Maynard 9/10 times

Bendo would win, but Maynard could definitely beat some of the top guys.

Maynard will NEVER be champion at 155. His boring style and heavy hands won't get him past the rest of the top 5.

I think Henderson is a better all-around fighter but I don't know about Maynard having a boring style.

Lol I clicked on this thread just to see what he says.

It's pretty hard to argue with stupid; I won't even bother addressing the mental dwarf who started the thread.
How is the New Year going for you? Well, I hope.

Maynard is a good wrestler too buddy. I know how sensitive you are so ill be nice. Maynard is a super super great wrestler but benson has shown to have just a little bit better wrestling but if this was a middle school track meet Maynard would get a pretty ribbon too!

"sensitive"?
I just don't like outright liars. People who deny facts are liars. You are the Guida of Sherdog forum. You flee to another corner when confronted with a fact.

I disagree. I think Maynard matches up pretty well with Bendo.

Bendo would win, but Maynard could definitely beat some of the top guys.
Lol. "Maynard could beat some of the top guys"
Try Edgar, Diaz, Miller, Guida among others Maynards already beaten.
Yeah, I guess he could; and Ben might very well be one of them.

I agree. Benson wins 9/10.

It's pretty hard to argue with stupid; I won't even bother addressing the mental dwarf who started the thread.
How is the New Year going for you? Well, I hope.

It is good, thanks. I think Maynard and Hendo would be a good matchup if Maynard wins one more. It could be similar to the Edgar battles with GM and Ben neutralizing each others wrestling. Ben would land in more volume, GM would look for the heavier shots.

Maynard, Cerrone and to some extent Cerrone are the only ones that imo can beat Bendo now

Shit, meant to say 'to some extent Pettis'

I think it would be a good matchup. Maynard"s main problem with Frankie was dealing with a quicker fighter. Bendo is not as fast as Frankie. A better fighter, maybe.

To Gray's defense, he's got an advantage in wrestling, and probably one in power. To win, (imo) he'd need to avoid getting kicked, or anything else that will gas him out. Once the fight goes into rounds 3/4/5, I see it being all Benson.

Gray's best bet would be to try and hurt Bendo early and bully him for the rest of the fight. As long as he doesn't burn himself out looking for the finish, I think Maynard could stay competitive, even for 25 minutes.

Ben wins 8/10. Maynard would be competitive for a round but end up losing badly. He can't hang with Bendo's pace.

Maynard shed the boring title years ago and he probably wouldnt beat Bendo but Ben said "line em up" and after Gil and possibly Cowboy, Maynard should be next if he gets another big win.

Ben wins 8/10. Maynard would be competitive for a round but end up losing badly. He can't hang with Bendo's pace.
R5 Maynard/Edgar 2 was toe to toe.
5 R with Guida.
Late forth in Maynard/Edgar 3, and only a 2 week training camp, no sparring and pain injections in his back up until the week of the fight.
I would hope that all Maynard's opponents dismiss his cardio.
Please, both Maynard/Edgar fights could have been stopped seconds into the fight. Ben has yet to come close to dominating Edgar as Maynard did; in fact, no other fighter has.
But, think what you like.

Maynard shed the boring title years ago and he probably wouldnt beat Bendo but Ben said "line em up" and after Gil and possibly Cowboy, Maynard should be next if he gets another big win.
"Cowboy"?
I assure you, before Cerrone gets a Title Fight with two losses to Henderson and a drubbing at the hands of Diaz, he'll need to confront Maynard. Gil may as well.
Not one in the Division comes close to Maynard's creds for a Title Challenger.

Probably.

Maynard's greatest strenghts are his size, wrestling, and heavy hands.

Bendo is just as big, great wrestling, and too smooth to KO. He'd outpoint his ass pretty easily.

Probably.

Maynard's greatest strenghts are his size, wrestling, and heavy hands.

Bendo is just as big, great wrestling, and too smooth to KO. He'd outpoint his ass pretty easily.
Maynard has knocked down/rocked practically every fighter he's faced. He has the fastest KO in the UFC LW Division.
It's almost comical that you would assume that "smooth" would be immune. lol
It wouldn't be "if" Ben went down, just how often; and would he get up.

Back