Status
Not open for further replies.

candian_born

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
hey guys

i am 15 and i weigh 180, my height is 6'1, i wrestling and lift weights

i can bench 225 pds 4 times, (my coach just wants me stronger so he said do weights that u can do 4 times)

is that a good amount or should i be doing more?

I don't know what you "should" be doing on your bench press. But I do know that right now you should shut the hell up and read the damned forbidden topics sticky.

Here is a guide to working out.

A good weight is 5lbs more than you can do at the moment.
A good run is 1 second faster than your last time.
A good jump is 1 inch higher than the last time

Is this good for my weight is always going to get the answer no, because you could be doing better.

Progression > All

HULKAMANIA said:
I don't know what you "should" be doing on your bench press. But I do know that right now you should shut the hell up and read the damned forbidden topics sticky.

YOur an :eek::eek::eek:!

JackDaniels said:
YOur an :eek::eek::eek:!

why is that? it's a legitimate statement. another way to post this same statement would be ask how much canadian born squats and deadlifts. too often people focus too much on their bench press alone.

pro tip: it would be "you're a :eek::eek::eek:!"

HULKAMANIA said:
Are you jealous that a 15 year old is benching more than you?

Don't take my advice, but what I'm trying to do is work up to a 5 rep max. Well I don't even know what I'm talking about but my current max on the bench is 160 (yes I know, it's pathetic but that will soon increase). So I would do something like 5x5, whenever I reach that 160 lbs. for 5 reps on the last set.

So for example I would do 125 lbs, 130, 135, 140, 145. (thats 5 sets of 5 reps increasing +5 lbs. after each set. Next week I would do 130 lbs., 135,140,145,150.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=627517

Zeirhk said:
Don't take my advice, but what I'm trying to do is work up to a 5 rep max. Well I don't even know what I'm talking about but my current max on the bench is 160 (yes I know, it's pathetic but that will soon increase). So I would do something like 5x5, whenever I reach that 160 lbs. for 5 reps on the last set.

So for example I would do 125 lbs, 130, 135, 140, 145. (thats 5 sets of 5 reps increasing +5 lbs. after each set. Next week I would do 130 lbs., 135,140,145,150.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=627517

How old are you?

You aren't supposed to be asking if you are benching enough but I guess it's alright. Just don't focus only on benching, there are other excersizes out there that you need to be working on as well.

oh ok guys thanks, cuz my coach told me not to squat, but deadlift i forgot to add i diedlifted 265 8 times, with good technique.

wasptrash said:
Are you jealous that a 15 year old is benching more than you?

Nice.

That was a bit harsh, Hulk.

candian_born said:
oh ok guys thanks, cuz my coach told me not to squat, but deadlift i forgot to add i diedlifted 265 8 times, with good technique.

Why did your coach tell you not to squat. I never wrestled in high school; is this a common practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back