Social Ben Shapiro thinks that "wokescolds" invented the neutral usage of "they" as a pronoun.

They is going to the store.

1511796055019.png
The correct sentence would be "they're going to the store". This can be used when referring to a single person going to a store. Are you a native English speaker?

The correct sentence would be "they're going to the store". This can be used when referring to a single person going to a store. Are you a native English speaker?
Still doesn't sound right.

"Where is your brother?"
"They're going to the store."

You wouldn't assume he was alone hearing that based on modern English.

"Where is your brother?"
I wouldn't use it in that manner, but it's not grammatically incorrect. It's totally impossible in Dutch, though.

I wouldn't use it in that manner, but it's not grammatically incorrect. It's totally impossible in Dutch, though.
I added a sentence to my post. Based on that example you wouldn't assume that he was alone. It's just not the modern way of speaking.

"Where is your brother?"

You wouldn't assume he was alone hearing that based on modern English.
That sounds right if the brother has multiple personalities.

...which would make him just as crazy as a liberal.

I just call people by their name. Haven't run in to any problems with that so far..

I added a sentence to my post. Based on that example you wouldn't assume that he was alone. It's just not the modern way of speaking.
I actually would assume in that context that he was alone, though. I'm not a native English speaker so I'm not the best judge on this in any case.

Yeah I was sloppy with that. I should have just leaked that info so you could have all spitefully celebrated his misfortune and THEN attacked you for it.

My pre-emptive strike gave you all the room to take the fake high road...
Since when have people on the left been known to make fun of people seeking psychiatric help? That's a right wing thing.

I haven't seen the show at all, save this little ad. Doesn't look good, but the little Ben Shapiro guy is absolute GOLD.

? It is grammatically incorrect in every way. Instead of first person singular it's third person plural.

There are ways to speak to other people respectfully without sounding like an idiot. That Peterson dude is a blowhard but he was absolutely right to object to government mandated pronouns.

? It is grammatically incorrect in every way. Instead of first person singular it's third person plural.

There are ways to speak to other people respectfully without sounding like an idiot. That Peterson dude is a blowhard but he was absolutely right to object to government mandated pronouns.
Maybe because we know the sex of the person in that sentence. In other cases, they can be used singular for sure.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Back