Social Ben Shapiro thinks that "wokescolds" invented the neutral usage of "they" as a pronoun.

lmao. "They" has been discussed as an alternative for as long as I can remember. Ben is a small boner.

I think the pronoun thing is kind of silly and pedantic, but I have always been a big fan of the singular they. English teachers always corrected me for it.

I think the pronoun thing is kind of silly and pedantic, but I have always been a big fan of the singular they. English teachers always corrected me for it.
It's pretty useful when you don't know a gender but need to refer to somebody. "He or she" or "this person" is fucking clunky in casual conversation, and not much better when written.

It's pretty useful when you don't know a gender but need to refer to somebody. "He or she" or "this person" is fucking clunky in casual conversation, and not much better when written.

Or "one." Just sound pretentious. To be pretentious, one must use "one" instead of "they."

shapiro also thinks that when his messiah is revealed numerous goyim will be assigned to his service

Fast paced rambling like that about a single subject is pretty autistic. Not in an insulting way either, but people with Asperger's can talk like that about a subject that fascinates them.
Alex Jones is a master at this. Give him a topic, and he'll ramble on for 3 hours.

Or "one." Just sound pretentious. To be pretentious, one must use "one" instead of "they."
I think there are times when one may use one effectively rather than they, such as when it is a replacement for "a person" referring to the general population, as opposed to they referring to a particular person or group of persons; and there are times I am compelled to use it out of force of habit. All that having been said, when one uses the pronoun one to refer to one's self then, yes, they're looking to get schooled in a more physically direct manner.

--Captain Pedantic

I'm too lazy to post all of the sources on this, so here's a video from the Majority Report breaking down how fucking stupid of an "argument" this is. The video is timestamped to when Shapiro starts talking.

Not that I give a shit anybody's "pronouns," but the fact that this dude did an entire rant pretending that people don't use "they" as a gender neutral pronoun is ridiculous.

It still boggles the mind that people in the mainstream media started promoting this fast-talking troll as a serious person just because he quit Breitbart after that Lewandowski thing.

What boggles my mind how Shapiro's critics are complete dumbshits. Ben is right, and you are a clown. "They" has always been plural, but now the woke-shits are using it as a singular. But more importantly the woke-shits and their defenders (including Shapiro's dipshit critics) are using it as an authoritarian club to go after people who don't want to play their stupid fucking games.

lHe6sYU.gif

don't wanna read about this nerd without a picture of his sister jugs to soften the blow

aLgPMV5_700b.jpg

What boggles my mind how Shapiro's critics are complete dumbshits. Ben is right, and you are a clown. "They" has always been plural, but now the woke-shits are using it as a singular. But more importantly the woke-shits and their defenders (including Shapiro's dipshit critics) are using it as an authoritarian club to go after people who don't want to play their stupid fucking games.
As made evident to the fact that Webster's recently updated the definition of the damn word.

But you know...libtards in this thread thought they had a "gotcha" so they all went full retard.

What boggles my mind how Shapiro's critics are complete dumbshits. Ben is right, and you are a clown. "They" has always been plural, but now the woke-shits are using it as a singular.

"They" has not only long been used to denote a singular but it has long been used to replace a gender identification when such is desired. Any competent writer knows this. Consider:

"If a voter cares about self-defense he will oppose gun control."

"If a voter cares about self-defense she will oppose gun control."

"If a voter cares about self-dense they will oppose gun control."

This is so obvious and so common I have to imagine it is the source for the whole idea of non-binaries having selected "they" to avoid the label of male or female.

Of course, it only works smoothly as a replacement for "he" or "she". It sounds ridiculous for "his/him" and "her". Again, consider:

"Pat's not in the break room. Do you know where they went?"

"Pat's not at they's desk. And I need to give they they coffee cup back."

"if someone wants to see arguments over trannies and guns, all they have to do is visit the war room at sherdog forums"

"if a person wants to fill the room with uppercuts, they had better be 6'3" and bench teh 275"

it's everyday speech lol

"They" has not only long been used to denote a singular but it has long been used to replace a gender identification when such is desired. Any competent writer knows this. Consider:

"If a voter cares about self-defense he will oppose gun control."

"If a voter cares about self-defense she will oppose gun control."

"If a voter cares about self-dense they will oppose gun control."

This is so obvious and so common I have to imagine it is the source for the whole idea of non-binaries having selected "they" to avoid the label of male or female.

Of course, it only works smoothly as a replacement for "he" or "she". It sounds ridiculous for "his/him" and "her". Again, consider:

"Pat's not in the break room. Do you know where they went?"

"Pat's not at they's desk. And I need to give they they coffee cup back."
"Pat's not at their* desk. And I need to give them* their* coffee cup back."
Works fine.

Because as made evident by the fact that websters had to update the definition to include the single pronoun use of the word "they" it was poor English.

And still is.

Back