News Ben Retires.... With Actual Source.

It would have been better if the UFC kept MM and combined the flyweight and BW division
MM doesn't sell shit captain. If you're a business owner and one guy is making more than another guy and the other guy draws more eyeballs to your product it's a no brainer.

I admire him for coming over and fighting with the best for a change but for somebody so confident he sure widdled away like a chump

Hip replacement and he isn't even 40...

So you want to be a fighter?
Wediman, SIlva,Dom, Cain and Bisping still got it way worse multiple injuries ( obviously silva only had one leg snap but thats still really bad injury)

from undefeated to 0-3 in the ufc,getting thrown out the canvas against burroughs aswell,yikes

His loyalty to his deity -- wrestling -- was his downfall. You see it a lot with wrestlers and BJJ guys. There is absolutely no excuse for him to be a poor striker after that many years training MMA. None, other than misguided pride.

Was hoping to see more of him in the Octagon. We'll see if this retirement really takes hold...Hip replacements can heal much more quickly than other surgeries. I can def see him getting the itch again.

That man has absolutely no ego.
Wonderful to see him retire without a care, like that.
This is a good person, take note people.
Will still be following his stuff!

Kinda sad to see him go. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back however.

I wonder if he regrets coming to the UFC. He would have made a bit of cash but his UFC run has to have bruised his ego. On the other hand, he might have regretted not ever testing himself in the UFC. He’s certainly been a memorable fighter, but not for the reasons he would have hoped for.

Good for Ben on getting out before taking more unnecessary damage. Some rough losses at the end but hespetch for an amazing career. War Ben.

Bummer we did not get to see more fights in the UFC but he had a great career overall.

UFC should use him in the booth. Dom Cruz is terrible
I think he'd be great in the booth. He's a natural talker who won't be bland, plus he has a ton of knowledge about wrestling and jiu jitsu. Joe and Ben or DC and Ben together would be pretty fun I bet.

Kinda sad to see him go. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back however.

I wonder if he regrets coming to the UFC. He would have made a bit of cash but his UFC run has to have bruised his ego. On the other hand, he might have regretted not ever testing himself in the UFC. He’s certainly been a memorable fighter, but not for the reasons he would have hoped for.
Definitely better to try and fail instead of never getting your chance at all. I bet he has no regrets except getting the fuck out of the way of the flying knee and taking Maia down way too early.

Lol I see you Ariel

That is a bummer. He has been seriously entertaining while in the UFC, in and out of the Octagon. Guy fought a Acai Lawler right out of the gate and I love Robbie Lawler.

Ben will leave the sport with the same legendary status as Yuji Nagata

Masvidal did a Shang Tsung finishing move on his soul.

Objective Career Winning Percentage of Askren vs. Other All-Time Greats:

Jon Jones, 96.2% (25-1)
GSP, 92.9% (26-2)
Ben Askren, 90.5% (19-2)
Fedor Emelianenko, 86.4% (38-6)
Jose Aldo, 84.8% (28-5)
Anderson Silva, 77.3% (34-10)

Unreal!

Back