Ben Nguyen vs Justin Scoggins added to UFC Brisbane

Who wins?

• Total voters
This fight is fun as fuck, but not really one that will do much in terms of getting Scoggins closer to the title shot. I think Scoggins could have the advantage on the ground in this one, but on the feet it's close.

Massive test for Ben10 really. Scoggins is an animal, but Ben looked literally untouchable against Benoit. Heart says Ben, head says Scoggins but Justin won't finish Ben.

Ah I remember the Reddit circlejerk on this guy. I think the Reddit fedor army hounded UFC enough on social media to get him signed. Should be fun to see their reaction when he loses.

There are lots of viral MMA fighters that never got signed. I think this guy was actually scouted and determined to be good enough.

See their reaction? Like how the Sergio Pettis hype train de-railed after Benoit KTFO of him?

Ben Nguyen already cleared that guy off of his tracks.

This fight is fun as fuck, but not really one that will do much in terms of getting Scoggins closer to the title shot. I think Scoggins could have the advantage on the ground in this one, but on the feet it's close.

I dunno hey I think Ben is better on the ground than Justin and Justin is the better striker hahaha.

I dunno hey I think Ben is better on the ground than Justin and Justin is the better striker hahaha.

They're both pretty solid all around, but I haven't seen Ben grapple with anyone like Borg, sapo, or ortiz, so I really can't judge how good he is in that aspect. Scoggins looked as good or better than all those guys in the grappling department, but then again Scoggins also has brain farts during fights.

Scoggins, comfortably.

Ben is too stiff and stands up too straight in his striking for Scoggins. Scoggins wrestling is better, and he's scrappier on the ground. Focused to rise to the top, and this will be another dominant performance on display...

Scoggins lost to some guy and some other guy. He has the stank of loss on him. He looked amazing in his first fight against Richie Vas and looked amazing in defeat then looked amazing again. He always looks amazing but he still has two losses. He has a poor fight IQ.

Scoggins lost to some guy and some other guy. He has the stank of loss on him. He looked amazing in his first fight against Richie Vas and looked amazing in defeat then looked amazing again. He always looks amazing but he still has two losses. He has a poor fight IQ.

What in the living hell are you blabbering about?

How do you feel about Ben's 5 losses?

I'm surprised that so many people are picking Ben.

Really interesting fight. Nguyen looks excellent in the striking and certainly showed great transitions on the ground against Benoit. I think it's going to be very hard for Nguyen to close the distance on Scoggins though, his big height advantage and karate style are going to keep him incredibly long and if Nguyen rushes in too hard Scoggins is always more than happy shoot in. Starting to really like flyweight.

I'm pumped to see ol lethal hands Dan Kelly go at it again....

Don't be shocked man - think of John Moraga. He got a fucking title shot after beating Ulysses Gomez and Cariaso In non-main card fights.

This is flyweight, after all. Scoggins could well get a title-shot off a win over Nguyen having just beaten Borg.

Scoggins, TKO is my pick here, wicked fight.

I hope Ben wins this, I wasn't too impressed with Scoggins the last time, I don't think Scoggins beats any of the top fighters.

I'm surprised that so many people are picking Ben.

The poll is pretty strongly in Scoggins' favor.

I think Scoggins should be a pretty clear favorite. I think Ben is really good but Scoggins is practically fighting at a top 10 level despite his losses. I think if Ben wins he needs to do it via finish, whereas I can see Scoggins winning by finish or decision. Either way I hope it's a good fight and both look good in it.

Back