Ben Nguyen vs Justin Scoggins added to UFC Brisbane

Who wins?

• Total voters
Awesome fight

Scoggins looked really good on Saturday

dude... ben nguyen is already 2-0 in the UFC with two first round KO's.

who gives a shit if he loses to scoggins? scoggins is top 5 in the world.

Who? Well for one, I give a shit, I'm here to watch people succeed and fail spectacularly. Nguyen has done pretty well for himself so far, and has great support from one of the largest online MMA communities r/MMA, if I'm not mistaken, r/MMA sponsored his last fight before he signed with the UFC. So you can bet your mortgage that a ton of people are paying close attention to him and whether he wins or loses. There will be lots of reactions, and I love reactions.

This is a pretty good card for an international fight pass (I'm guessing) card. Weird that Whittaker is on the card a month after though

EDIT: actually I'm guessing this will be a fs1 card.. its hard to tell nowadays... Some fight pass cards are as good as fox cards. Some fox cards are better than ppvs. All over the place. Bisping vs silva is a HELL of a fight pass card

Last edited:
Ben looked flawless in his last fight and Scoggins looked impresive vs a legit opponent. My gut says Ben wins.

this card just got way better with that news..great matchmaking...im glad scoggins will fight alot in 2016 to move up for a title shot and is poised to break out..he played it smart against borg like he should have before and used his wrestling in reverse...against borg, ortiz and moraga its best not to scramble on the ground with those guys when u have a clear advantage on the feet. i think he would be undefeated now if he had followed the game plan he used against borg...if he wins i hope horuguchi is next

The flyweight division is starting to get interesting.

Great fight.

This is a pretty good card for an international fight pass (I'm guessing) card. Weird that Whittaker is on the card a month after though

EDIT: actually I'm guessing this will be a fs1 card.. its hard to tell nowadays... Some fight pass cards are as good as fox cards. Some fox cards are better than ppvs. All over the place. Bisping vs silva is a HELL of a fight pass card

Yea Australian cards line up well with American time zones so it will probably be on fs1

Ben10 is solid, but the Scoggins that dominated Borg is a world beater imo.

Scoggins by dec.

Awesome fight. Whoever wins becomes a title contender.

Louis Smolka coming along nicely too.

I'm glad Scoggins rant about "Don't put me on the shelf!!" Worked out. I'm excited

Great fight and good test to see where Ben 10's striking is at.

From what I remember he absolutely dominated his last two opponents standing up.

I've got Ben 10 finishing this in the 3rd by TKO

Wow what a massive step up for Ben 10. No disrespect to Benoit or Ozkilic, but Scoggins is another level. This may be a terrific fight.

So Ben is the underdog again just like he was against Benoit

In such a high level striking
battle, the fundamentals will
be most key... head movement,
footwork, angles... I suspected
this would be the case in the
Nguyen/Benoit fight & it was...

I'll say that nguyen has a slight
advantage in these departments.
Scoggins will obviously have a
kicking advantage. But nguyen
will have the advantage of
fighting closer to home... it's
overall a close fight. But nguyen
has looked consistent against
tough competition. He'll be even
better come fight night.

Nguyen by finish within 2

Scoggins looked good in his last fight but I'm not convinced of him yet. Both guys have a lot to prove with this fight. I initially leaned towards Scoggins but after thinking about it, I'll side with Ben.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back