Media Ben Askren Says he'd "absolutely" come out of retirement to fight Masvidal UFC 300

QAOxoM.gif

Let them Bang bro. Opening Prelim #UFC300
No the main event

Masvidsl beats him again, Askren lacks the athleticism wrestle Masvidal, he’s no Usmam or Colby. And Askren is horrible.
Askren is strong af and one of best wrestlers in mma history. If he gets a hold of anyone it’s a wrap

Askren never had a true prime when he was elite. He barely beat Jay Hieron and was lucky the Santos fight was stopped in ONE. He did pretty well with the one tool he had (wrestling) for a not-very-athletic guy. But his best wins were against strikers (Lima and a very green Koreshkov) who had no TDD. He wouldn't have sniffed a title shot if he fought in the UFC instead of Bellator when he began. There were too many good wrestlers, wrestle-boxers and strikers with decent TDD.
I disagree, prime Askren was elite. His wrestling would’ve been a problem for anyone

lmao. I think getting ragdolled by Askren would really break Masvidal even more than Colby did. Down for it.

Would enjoy watching Askren hand Masvidal his 5th straight loss, and do so easily.

I disagree, prime Askren was elite. His wrestling would’ve been a problem for anyone
Nah. Plenty of good grapplers in the UFC and all of them (even pillow fisted) were MUCH better strikers. They could've kept it standing enough to win and nullified most of his wrestling
- Hendricks (easy KO)
- Koscheck
- Shields (see their FloWrestling video)
- Fitch
- Maia (younger version was a lot better and more aggressive than the one who beat Askren later...the same outcome (submission) would happen)
- Palhares (absolute nightmare for Askren...loses standing and gets his leg yanked off on the ground)
- Lombard - Only fought briefly at WW but allegedly outwrestled Askren in training. Would keep it standing and KO Ben just like Hendricks
- And some others. He wouldn't even make it to GSP, who would beat him as well

Masvidal needs to be matchrd up strictly woth strikers now.Period.
Tony,Gaethje,Chandler,Conor etc

i’d like to see askren get one last chance at redemption. never a fan of his fight style, but he seemed like a decent dude irl. the abuse he took following the masvidal ko was pretty messed up considering his biggest crime was losing a fight (and arguably being boring fighter). but he was a good sport about it, kept his humor and gave credit to his opponents. he had a good career until that slide at the end. it would be cool if he could officially end his career with a win and avenge his most notorious loss.

masvidal on the other hand turned out to be a total bust of a human being. aside from being a criminal thug with no self-control, he’s a sore winner, and a mark who takes fight hype personally. the tipping point for me was when he kept shitting on askren after their fight, because apparently ben said something in the build-up that hurt mas’s feelings. pretty unprofessional of mas, especially considering the fact that askren was simply hyping the fight that helped masvidal become a star. it’s always lame when fighters do that. so i’d like to see masvidal’s career highlight come with an asterisk—“…but he lost the rematch.”

besides, i hear 300 isn’t shaping up too nicely. i don’t see how this fight is any less appealing than whatever wmma fight they were planning to force on us.

Imagine if Masvidal laid him out with another flying knee <Lmaoo>

Perfect match up. Love it. Two opposing personalities. Nerd vs G. Must watch if it happens

You guys into this?
Askren fixed his hip, it'd be some funny trash talk as well. Wouldn't mind it as a fight on UFC 300 just to bolster it and lols.

Before he retired, I would have wanted to see it. After he retired and got embarrassed in boxing, not that interested.

Askren is strong af and one of best wrestlers in mma history. If he gets a hold of anyone it’s a wrap
I think you need to rephrase that, you mean if he gets ahold of fighters who are “good” fighters or regional fighters then it’s wrap, his best wins are Herion, Koreshkov Lawler which was controversial to begin with.

When he actually fought proven elite fighters he lost. Please don’t give me he was out of his prime, his 3 opppnents weren’t young up and comers, they were the same age or older.

Askren is one of the most overrated MMA Fighters ever.

You one of those torture pr0n types?... or slightly demented sense of humor?

I could maybe see it feeding those kinds desires, but nothing legitimate (in relation to the sport) lolol
Its not like it would look anything like the 1st fight. It was a lucky shot. Masvidal wasnt that good and askren wasnt that bad

Its not like it would look anything like the 1st fight. It was a lucky shot. Masvidal wasnt that good and askren wasnt that bad
Has nothing to do with that.

Age, medical status, retirement. It's been almost 5 years.

But, to your point, Askren was not all that good in UFC. 1-2, and the whirling dervish spinning back fists lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back