Ben Askren Says He Was Winning Before He Got Caught

Which rounds did Askren win?

• Total voters
My exact reaction to when Ben turned his back to Maia “ didddd youuuu jussstt give your back to Maiaaaa u fucking gooofff???? “

I thought so. First round could have gone either way but I thought Askren won it.
Haha you ugly bum

Didn't you tell me off for thinking Maia was going to choke this clown unconscious?

Your fight analysis is as terrible as your IQ is low

<Lmaoo>

He did alright against maia all things considered

Haha you ugly bum

Didn't you tell me off for thinking Maia was going to choke this clown unconscious?

Your fight analysis is as terrible as your IQ is low

<Lmaoo>

I said he could, but odds are Askren was going to control the fight, which he did.

I wouldn’t say he was definitely winning. I thought the fight was very close the whole time and you could argue both rounds going either way.

I said he could, but odds are Askren was going to control the fight, which he did.
One judge had him losing both rounds and the other two had it even

He was getting outstruck, outgrappled, and actually gassed before notorious gasser Maia did lmao

The only thing he was in control of was how long it took for him to tap

Oh the old " I was winning before I lost." argument, pssh typical.
Oh sherdoggers acting like they know MMA better than someone who's been in combat sports for like 20 years.
Pshhh, typical.

One judge had him losing both rounds and the other two had it even

He was getting outstruck, outgrappled, and actually gassed before notorious gasser Maia did lmao

The only thing he was in control of was how long it took for him to tap

Uh... No.

Striking was pretty even. Outside of the choke, Askren was getting the better of the grappling. I don't care about the judges scorecards.

Uh... No.

Striking was pretty even. Outside of the choke, Askren was getting the better of the grappling. I don't care about the judges scorecards.
Anyways, thanks for the cheese

It's because of bums like you that I get consistently great lines on winning fighters :D

Askren was getting swept literally every time he took Maia down, but I don't even feel like educating a low IQ mong like you lol

...... He swept Maia when Maia had mount on him, took down Maia, and passed Maia's guard multiple times......the fuck?

He started gassing and getting sloppy and gave up a bad position.

He got swept in the second and Maia mounted with limited time to work — it was clear that ben had no answer and Maia only had 20 seconds so he overreacted but at that point it was clear who had the grappling advantage

Ben did absolutely nothing to note on the ground except not get sub’d in that brief exchange

Anyways, thanks for the cheese

It's because of bums like you that I get consistently great lines on winning fighters :D

Askren was getting swept literally every time he took Maia down, but I don't even feel like educating a low IQ mong like you lol

imagine bragging about imaginary bets on sherdog lmao

He got swept in the second and Maia mounted with limited time to work — it was clear that ben had no answer and Maia only had 20 seconds so he overreacted but at that point it was clear who had the grappling advantage

Ben did absolutely nothing to note on the ground except not get sub’d in that brief exchange
Ben's gameplan of getting TD's super late in the round and striking with Maia wasn't really a bad idea. He fucked up in the third by getting the TD way too soon.

Ben's gameplan of getting TD's super late in the round and striking with Maia wasn't really a bad idea. He fucked up in the third by getting the TD way too soon.

Yeah no doubt he would have won if it went 5 rounds.. Maia would have faded even more. I didn't give him any of the rounds though.

I’m not a Ben askren fan, but I appreciate and respect when fighters give us honest thoughts on mindset during the fights. It’s interesting how askren’s decisions were crucial in leading to a fight finish, even while being a bad one for him.

I think it was because he was gassing and Maia was starting to land

He definitely landed his dome against Mia’s head multiple times

Back