Ben Askren Retirement for Health Reasons Unacceptable to Michael Bisping

Ben has decided that his long term health is worth more than continuing to fight, and a hip replacement is designed to allow a normal life which does not include the strain of training & competing in MMA.

He's doing good with money, he found his level as a fighter and he needed to replace his hip? Why should he continue?

Ben has decided that his long term health is worth more than continuing to fight, and a hip replacement is designed to allow a normal life which does not include the strain of training & competing in MMA.
More like he realized he bit off more than he can chew. No need to continue to sustain brutal beat downs to remain slightly in top 10. This is why people shit on bellator. And the only way to realize how much different the talent level is, is to catch a beating from these UFC mongrels.

I think the only reason ben is getting heat for it is because he's pretending it's some kind of superfluous injury.

Lol, a knee replacement surgery is basically something where you are forced to start rehab after the surgery, hip surgery, especially when it happens fucks you up hard, especially pain wise.

Have had about 4 to 5cm hip taken from the right to graft to the shoulder, can't even walk properly and the worst part is if something goes wrong slightly you get severe nerve damage which I ended up with, so that means my whole thigh on my left side will be numb and unable to walm for a few months at least.

A lot of doctors cringe and give the heads up on how painful and hard recovery is when it comes to hip surgeries, grafting, replacement etc.

Does anyone care what Michael 'The Worst Male Champion in UFC history' Bisping has to say?
Since he continued fighting and won the Championship after getting his freaking eye knocked out...well he carries way more weight with me now.

Even if he is right, who cares?

Like, you can only retire if you have worse injuries than other people? What the fuck point is he even trying make? Haha.

It's not urgent and it's not even a hip replacement.

“Just to be specific, it’s a hip resurfacing, not a full, total hip replacement. The surgery’s called the Birmingham Hip; that’s the surgery that I’m doing.

So I might actually try to put it off for a few more months if I can because it would be a little better timing for my life for it to get done. Because once you do it, I’ve got to not be doing anything -- off the mats totally. With me coaching wrestling, that could create some problems. So we’ll see. I’m working on scheduling it right now.”

People die from hip replacements and shit later in life. Get it done young when you are strong enough and healthy enough to rehab it and continue on in life.

Look how many wrestlers are absolutely fucked because they fought too long. Randleman is dead, Coleman can barely walk at times. Wrestling is the most taxing sport on your body regardless of strikes added in or not. It simply is. Go to a collegiate wrestling room for a week and see how you feel after.

Hips, backs and neck are no joke and will ruin you for the rest of your life. I'd rather have a glass eye that doesn't work than a half fucked neck for the rest of my days

Didnt Bisping trash that one guy who won his debut in the UFC and retired? Apart of me thinks he is secretly jealous of these people because of the damage he has taken and of course being a walking CTE time bomb.

Back