Ben Askren Retirement for Health Reasons Unacceptable to Michael Bisping

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bisping thinks hip replacement isn't a big deal and Askren was looking for a way out.

“Anyone out there, you ask any doctor, they will tell you, hip replacement/knee replacement, not even in the same category… not even anywhere close in the same category as recovery, rehab, pain endured through said process.

“Any doctor will tell you. People are coming up to me going, ‘Oh, yeah, that’s right. I had a hip replacement,’ and I just want to go, ‘Ohhh, don’t talk to me about your hip replacement, OK? I had a knee replacement, knee replacement!

“Hip replacement is nothing. I scoff at a hip replacement. I laugh at a hip replacement. I have no sympathy. Quick operation. My mom recovered from one, no problem. My dad had one, doesn’t even mention it.

“It’s probably a good idea if he’s retiring because my mom has stronger hips than Ben Askren. Simple as that. My old, frail, flailing mother has stronger hips, can sprawl better than Ben Askren.

“I’m a big fan of the guy. I’d like to still see him fight. I’m sure he could earn some money. But I think from a competitive standpoint, he came over and it wasn’t a good year. And he’s like, ‘You know what? I’m gonna move on.’”

--‘Believe You Me’ (MMANews transcript) (h/t BJPenn)

Michael Ping should have retired after 41 year old Silva and 46 year old Hendo wrecked his chin

i'm pretty sure it depends on how fucked up your hip is. i know someone who had their hip shattered and got a hip replacement and he still isn't the same going on 2 years.

Ben askrens injury is not bad solely because bispings is worse!

Trashes him non stop, then goes on to say "I'm a big fan of the guy".

<puh-lease75>

Michael Ping should have retired after 41 year old Silva and 46 year old Hendo wrecked his chin
And those 2 should have retired when they lost to a fucking out of prime one eyed Bisping.

You can't retire unless your whole body is fucked and you're nearly blind, everyone knows that.

<28>

I don't even like Askren. But he's a lifelong wrestler that needs a hip replacement. I might retire too. This dude is yelling about his knee replacement he got AFTER he retired. Fuck outta here

Does anyone care what Michael 'The Worst Male Champion in UFC history' Bisping has to say?

Ben, Buddeh... don't be a fookin poofter yeah? Me fookin ancient muvver can take a shot better than you, ya fookin Greek statue looking clown. I became a cyclops and became the world champion, if anything injuries make ya stronger yeah? You should've stayed in Asia where ya can wrestle sweatshop workers. I'm a big fan by the way.
<28>

Would've been a legit argument if Bisping was going to fight after replacing his knee

Lol as if Bisping would be a good reference for retiring at the right time.

If a fighter feels like retiring then he should probably retire. Askren talked a lot of shit but u gotta admit he brought some life to UFC and he is still more successful than most fighters will ever be (ONE FC and Bellator champ)

And those 2 should have retired when they lost to a fucking out of prime one eyed Bisping.
Anderson KOd Ping and was robbed via Herb Dean/London judges.

Hendo dropped Ping multiple times and was robbed via London judges.

Ok Bisping, we get it. You're tough and you took an ass whooping well.

No need to bring yourself up during someone else's retirement. It's really not about you here.

Anderson KOd Ping and was robbed via Herb Dean/London judges.

Hendo dropped Ping multiple times and was robbed via London judges.
Anderson lost a decision which was not even controversial. The knockdown was a pussy move as Ping wasn't paying attention. Also Silva was on steroids. Bye.

Honestly you should be fired for making comments like that. If a guy decides to retire everybody should respect that decision.

Bisping has a glass eye because he fought too long. Askren doesn't want to get injured further.

It's weird that a retired combat athlete who has had a knee replacement doesn't understand you can't do combat sports with fake joints.

Back