• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Askren Makes Crowd Laugh at Jorge "The Caveman" Masvidal and His Toxic Masculinity

Is Askren funny?

• Total voters
The idea of toxic masculinity is a little myopic. A guy like George who grew up fighting people in back yards would display the stereotypical characteristics due to his envorinment, not because he's a man...

Google "all masculinity is toxic"

Sounds like you have no experience of the British

I’m all too experienced with the British. That’s how I know they have no sense of humor. The British are a joke. They just aren’t funny

I find a lot of similarity between the people who dislike the terms "toxic masculinity" and "theory of evolution." I get it, you wanna be upset about it even though you don't know what it is. But enough people use the words wrong around you and you get a bad sense of it, so now you're justified being all angry. Let's post about it online where we never have to explain our outrage

I am certainly not outraged, as stated, I just think they are exceptionally stupid and have no idea what they are talking about. I certainly wouldn't attempt to discredit Chuck's work, he was a brilliant man and actually developed theories based on observable reality; That is why I am a huge fan of evolutionary psychology... which the majority of "Humanities" departments hate as it disproves their utter drivel and is based in observable human behavior not political dogma.

Askren trolls hard so you'll create forum posts and keep talking about him. Looks like he wins

@Contempt, you are the best poster in this thread by far. It's really strange how many Soy Boys show up to argue with you in favor of feminism on a forum dedicated to such a central aspect of masculinity: competitively bashing each others brains in.

Like these fine examples of femininity below. How did they find 20 idiots willing to "like" their man-hatred on a site like this? Sherdog is an enigma.

Shouldn’t you be somewhere crying about how men like you aren’t getting laid because society is enrouraging women to have their own careers/jobs so they don’t need the money you would make working in some warehouse, therefore you don’t bother working at all.

I’m sorry that the ideas of progress and empathy are so triggering for you. Hopefully one day you’ll encounter someone who is empathetic towards you in a way that helps you realize what a poor wee thing you are, and makes you want to be a better person! I’ll cross my fingers for you. Poor thing.

I find it so weird that liberals are always quick to identify change as "progress" as long as it is going in their direction (as it has been for the past 50+ years). Societal change is often not progress, but regression or misdirection. Trying to rid society of masculinity (which is one of the pivotal goals of modern feminism) is not progress at all.

Last edited:
He's a funny guy. But he's not immune from jumping the shark.

I hope he sticks with quality over quantity. There was one moment from that press conference where he was talking and was I waiting for the funny but it never came

I loved Ben until he took a shot at Kelvin Gastelum haha. It's all fun and games until he talks shit about one of your favorite fighters.

He's a funny guy and a great fighter but I hope Kelvin kicks his ass if he ever goes back down to 170.

A buzzword used by braindead leftists to describe straight men who exhibit classically masculine traits, instead of the emasculated, leftwing retards they are used to being pandered by.
Thanks for explanation.
The world is going in a weird direction.
Very soon, sherdog might be the last stand for men's men.

giphy.gif
That’s what I call a career ender lol.

Thanks for explanation.
The world is going in a weird direction.
Very soon, sherdog might be the last stand for men's men.
Oh jesus, than manhood is fucked. I hope manhood isn't defined by how much you can rant about fights despite not being a fighter and how much of a dickhead you can be on the internet where nobody sees you.

I like both these guys, askren is hilarious.

Jorge is hilarious too btw, watch him on rogan just hating on askren. This is the funniest feud in MMA right now and I'm grateful for it.

Oh jesus, than manhood is fucked. I hope manhood isn't defined by how much you can rant about fights despite not being a fighter and how much of a dickhead you can be on the internet where nobody sees you.
"Sarcasm," you should look it up if you've never heard about it.

@Contempt, you are the best poster in this thread by far. It's really strange how many Soy Boys show up to argue with you in favor of feminism on a forum dedicated to such a central aspect of masculinity: competitively bashing each others brains in.

Like these fine examples of femininity below. How did they find 20 idiots willing to "like" their man-hatred on a site like this? Sherdog is an enigma.

I find it so weird that liberals are always quick to identify change as "progress" as long as it is going in their direction (as it has been for the past 50+ years). Societal change is often not progress, but regression or misdirection. Trying to rid society of masculinity (which is one of the pivotal goals of modern feminism) is not progress at all.

This is the sad thing abut self-identified conservatives.
Shouting out into the void and creating straw men arguments while other people just get on with life around with them.
You have no idea what feminism actually is. WMMA exists so fighting and martial arts are unisex. Conservatives believe threats of Violence and being an asshole to people = Being A Man... Eh no.
Conservatism is just one long 100'000 year losing battle, griping and complaining all the way.
Hanging on to dickishness as a virtue, and moaning about progress while at the same time enjoying all the benefits of what liberals bring to society.
Conservatives are the real cowards. Liberals join armies and fight for freedom.

Askren isn't a "fighter" ,he reminds me of a more vocal athlete... he knows how to win, and he wins... he doesn't get in "scraps", he simply goes out there and gets the win. He's funny IMO, and he knows how to win, and thats what brings in the money. He'll never be a Diego Sanchez or Jorge Masvidal… thats not his style. But he will probably retire with more money and less CTE than them.

Masvidal isnt a brawler. Hes technical

Askren is a sheltered suburbanite’s power fantasy. Wrestling skill aside, that’s a huge part of his appeal, from his hardcore fans’ perspective.

But honestly, talking trash to guys like Masvidal would not turn out so well for him without bodyguards around.
They are going to fight, without bodyguards. We'll see how it turns out.

No actually I'm not.
99.9% of reddit users hate trump and use those types of phrases in the first place so not sure what he was getting at. "Reddit user bad, you say what I don't like, you reddit user even though reddit users think exactly like me. Also orange man bad."

Back