Ben Askren Makes Crowd Laugh at Jorge "The Caveman" Masvidal and His Toxic Masculinity

Is Askren funny?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
014_Ben_Askren_Dana_White.jpg

Socially Dominant Ben Askren: Brawling Jorge Masvidal Lacks Discipline, Not Secure in Masculinity

ATLANTA – Ben Askren wasn’t going to let a minor detail like an opponent get in his way. Even though Jorge Masvidal was a no-show at the UFC Seasonal Press Conference a week ago, Askren decided to show up to create a little buzz.

“First and foremost, I was invited,” Askren (19-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) said. “I had my plane ticket in my email. And then I get a call and (they say), Jorge doesn’t want to show up for work, we’re not going to need you any more.

“I don’t give a damn if Jorge has reservations at IHOP and doesn’t want to come to work – I’m not missing an opportunity.”

. . .

“I thought Leon was getting the fight for sure,” Askren said. “And besides that, Jorge was making excuses that whole week about why he didn’t want to fight me. He wouldn’t say my name – that’s like a thing he does. Jorge needs to know, I don’t get full on a three piece and a soda. He better bring the whole family meal for that night.”

. . .

“I don’t understand people that just walk up and punch people for not really a good reason,” he said. “For me, it shows two things: No. 1, a total lack of discipline. Like, that’s not cool. You can’t just go punch someone. So you lack the discipline, that you get so angry, you can’t control yourself and you have to start throwing your fists.

“And No. 2, that you’re not really secure with your own masculinity that you say, ‘OMG, he said something, I need to go prove I’m tough – pay-yow, I am tough.’ Like shut up, dude. We get it, you’re tough. You fight in a cage.”

The crowd at the press conference couldn’t help but laugh at Askren’s rendition of an octagon caveman.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/ben-a...-discipline-not-secure-in-masculinity-ufc-239

Last edited:
Askren is hilarious
And very American

Askren bless

God idiots that use terms like "toxic masculinity" are stupid.

Brainless regressive asshats.

Sometimes his funny but clearly from a place where people dont get checked for being a smart ass. Like when Marty walks up on him and he drops nuts. Keep the same energy Benjamin.

I like Jorge, he's a cool dude and always try to keeping it real, but Askren is just too lovable.

Askren is a breath of fresh air

OMG, he said something, I need to go prove I’m tough – pay-yow, I am tough
Better live like a pussy and get disrespected by people
Jorge is a fighter, Askren is an athlete

This elicited my disgust as well. What kind of fighter appropriates academic shibboleths for trash talk?

Ben Ask Ken. Sure you can.

Exactly what I thought. I was looking for a term that would set pussies off and I didn't find that. Who ever uses that word is either gay or a women whose an extremest. Hold a door open for them and they'll make a blog about how you thought they weren't capable of opening a door.

my favorite part was "socially dominant".

This elicited my disgust as well. What kind of fighter appropriates academic shibboleths for trash talk?
It isn't the fighter.

He questioned Jorges masculinity (as fighters sometimes do). But, I think it's the guy who made the thread you need to ask about shitty academic phrases.

I wish we got Askren at a younger age.He is very interesting and skilled,but knowing how ruthless MMA is,I feel like he is a flash KO waiting to happen.

I wish they somehow pulled their shit together and managed to book him vs Khabib or GSP,but I'm not holding my breath.

Exactly what I thought. I was looking for a term that would set pussies off and I didn't find that. Who ever uses that word is either gay or a women whose an extremest. Hold a door open for them and they'll make a blog about how you thought they weren't capable of opening a door.

The first time I was publicly abused for holding a door open for a woman was the last time that I ever did it, fuck that obnoxious bullshit.

Obviously this doesn't include friends and family... at least I know they aren't batshit crazy feminazi's.

Back