Ben Askren Leaks Embarrassing Kamaru Usman Video

Forget about Marty. Lets talk about the Cthulhu:

tumblr_nkxt92Qxol1s6jgbco1_400.gif

Not going to lie, I’ve watched this GIF a solid 50 times.

It never gets old.

Is it not possible that Usman went by Marty because Nebraska isn't exactly a place with a diverse culture and Kamaru would scare them and he would likely be accused of being a Muslim ISIS Terrorist? Why does he need to make his life harder while he is getting a (presumably free) education. Funny that a guy like Ben who avoided top competition is the one who you believe has no insecurities. Was he secure enough in his greatness to be a dick to DW so he would never fight in the UFC or was he too insecure to face top competition and self sabotaged his UFC prospects?
Yes, I think you've nailed why Usman changed his name.
Ben sees it as weak. I don't think I'd have been strong enough of character to keep my name as Usman.
I have worked with people who grew up in racist Australia (I am Aussie). Some kept their name, some bent to the locals.
I don't necessarily agree with Ben, but I do see his point. Usman was not as strong willed as some people. Will he be stronger now?

Don't see what's embarrassing about the video. He's a pretty good dancer

Damn I miss PlayStation Qore. :(

Also... man.. "Marty from Nebraska". Sherdog loves their nicknames... this will stick. Good luck Kamaru. Just embrace it brother.

Also the video is not embarrassing, they're having fun....lol

Yes, I think you've nailed why Usman changed his name.
Ben sees it as weak. I don't think I'd have been strong enough of character to keep my name as Usman.
I have worked with people who grew up in racist Australia (I am Aussie). Some kept their name, some bent to the locals.
I don't necessarily agree with Ben, but I do see his point. Usman was not as strong willed as some people. Will he be stronger now?
I see Askren as the weak one frankly. He wasn't confident enough to come to the UFC. He preferred to take on FWs in OneFC. Now that he is at the tail end of his career he wants to pick and choose "Money Fights". Called out the LW champ first thing not the WW champ. Didn't come to the UFC to see if he could run the gauntlet of the UFC WW division.

Does anyone think that in July 2013 when Askren was rejected by Bellator and the UFC it wasn't by design. Ben talked tons of shit at DW because he knew they didn't want him and he would rather say its bc I am outspoken rather then not good enough or exciting enough.

Sherdog has him ranked #8 in the world and he didn't come to the UFC to fight any of the 7 guys above him. He chose to fight cans in Japan. He knows he is a decent top 10 WW but would never earned a shot back then since they were actually earned. The new WME era is perfect for him as he can troll his way into fights.

I see Askren as the weak one frankly. He wasn't confident enough to come to the UFC. He preferred to take on FWs in OneFC. Now that he is at the tail end of his career he wants to pick and choose "Money Fights". Called out the LW champ first thing not the WW champ. Didn't come to the UFC to see if he could run the gauntlet of the UFC WW division.

Does anyone think that in July 2013 when Askren was rejected by Bellator and the UFC it wasn't by design. Ben talked tons of shit at DW because he knew they didn't want him and he would rather say its bc I am outspoken rather then not good enough or exciting enough.

Sherdog has him ranked #8 in the world and he didn't come to the UFC to fight any of the 7 guys above him. He chose to fight cans in Japan. He knows he is a decent top 10 WW but would never earned a shot back then since they were actually earned. The new WME era is perfect for him as he can troll his way into fights.
I haven't followed Ben's career so I appreciate the Intel. He definitely seems to work his Twitter to get matchups. Although he calls everyone out, which gives the impression he'll take on any comers.
Doesn't he train with Woodley and instruct his wrestling?? I can see why he wouldn't fight Woodley in that scenario. He already knows what Twood brings, and frankly, why stop coaching your best friend just to 'prove" you beat a guy you taught wrestling?
I can also see that working with Dana is not for everyone. I don't blame Fedor for not doing it. I don't know if I could...

Mar Mar would have been better than Marty... Just Mar ... Lol... Or maybe I'm just biased because that is what I call my husband.

Who gives a shit if he called himself Marty? BFD Ben just reach-arounding here.
Someone in the audience yelled "get it Marty"

Whatchcu know bout MARTY USMAN???

Back