Ben Askren KO'd gif

Still can't believe what I saw. At least Masvidal gave him two more punches trying to help Ben wake up.

Such a lucky KO. One of the luckiest I have ever seen. Hit Askren in the carotid.

TIMMMMMBERRRRRR!!!!!

giphy.gif
would have been funny if he koed himself doing that

yeah, once it's obvious that askren is VERY much ko'd, masvidal should have stopped rubbing it in. i hated seeing that. and, he pulled a dan henderson, and continued to rain down punches on a clearly unconscious fighter. classless. a great ko and win, but a classes reaction after.

Masvidal is from the same streets as kimbo slice?

Are you really suprised masvidal stunted on askren especially after all the shit Mr. Dad Bod said before the fight

What the hell was Jorge even so fucking mad about? He kept saying Askren talked mad shit but the worst I heard him say is Jorge isn’t very smart. You would think Askren called his mom a stank ass whore or something.

The punches after the KO and the talking shit right in Askrens unconscious face was weak. Dude has thin ass skin.

Insinuated that Jorge was stupid
Kept saying that it would be an easy fight
Looked past Masvidal and was talking about a title shot
Brought up an oldass story about him MAYBE getting the better of Mas in training years ago

Not the worst offenses, but I could see how it would rub someone the wrong way. I don't think Askren had anything against Masvidal, he was just in promotional mode, trying the Chael Sonnen schtick. But Masvidal took it personally

Guys like Askren, Chael, and McGregor don't really have a right to complain when they get destroyed. They build up their own careers by bullying fighters that are less articulate than themselves

When Jones fought Sonnen, he broke his toe and it had us all wondering what would have happened if only Sonnen had survived another 30 seconds until the end of the round. Would the fight have been stopped and Sonnen declared the winner?

A similar thing happened with Askren. Here's that gif again:
giphy.gif

Just a few seconds after the fight is stopped, Masvidal taps out. I think his knee was done. All Askren had to do was survive a few more seconds and he would have won.

I find Masvidal's comments pretty funny. The 3 piece and a coke and then the buffet lines. But to be real, the only disrespectful one was Masvidal. Askren just said he thought the fight would be simple. So Askren was wrong in his assessment obviously. But he really wasn't particularly disrespectful. Masvidal gets a sort of pass for being funny. But Askren did all the promoting, and never said anything particularly disrespectful. I wish Askren the best, whether he retires, or comes back and turns things around with his future fights.

So much ass whippin’ in so little time. Damn.

Back