Ben Askren apologizes to Dana

Well, I didn't see that coming.

Haha Great stuff. Love the Doctor Who esq phone booth.

The guy is an authentic version of chael sonnen personality and fighting wise.
When he was like 8-0 and won a fight I recall during his post fight speech the crowd was booing, and he said "hey if u didn't like this there's another sport, it's called boxing, but I recommend you keep watching my asswhoopings", I became an instant fan
Btw he has solid ground and pound nowadays
Great video

Last edited:
A year ago or so people actually talked and cared about Askren. Before I would not have minded seeing him in the UFC losing to the elite, now I really don't care if I ever see him fight again.

Not surprised, the casual fight fan has a very short attention span and he has struggled with getting fights as of late. Scumbag Santos fights next week to re-earn a chance at the belt.

The guy is an authentic version of chael sonnen personality and fighting wise.
When he was like 8-0 and won a fight I recall during his post fight speech the crowd was booing, and he said "hey if u didn't like this there's another sport, it's called boxing, but I recommend you keep watching my asswhoopings", I became an instant fan
Btw he has solid ground and pound nowadays
Great video, only issue flip phone really?

Yup; he is a more genuine Chael minus the steroids.

I wrote this song for the MMA Awards. It was an honor to work with Askren.

I wrote this song for the MMA Awards. It was an honor to work with Askren.

I saw that in the video and was about to tag you and ask you about it. Thoughts on the experience?

fun times? and has anyone linked this to dana the ferittas and the ufc yet?

How the hell do you know? He ain't gonna whine about getting a UFC contract after one fight and a booking to a 6 figure payday for his third.

Sage didn't whine either, until he lost. I had a sore throat, boo hooooo.

Sage didn't whine either. Askren is boring as shit, the UFC doesn't need him.

Bellator didn't want him, but the UFC HAS to sign him . . .

Sherdog

You thtoopid
He asked to be released so he could try to sign with the ufc. Bellator obliged but the ufc ended up passing on him. The reason they gave was, at least publicly, he needs more experience and should sign with wsof

This is what happens when Askren has too much free time, ONE needs to book him again ASAP

I liked it!
Might be boring in the cage, but he is outspoken and funny outside of it.

He asked to be released so he could try to sign with the ufc. Bellator obliged but the ufc ended up passing on him. The reason they gave was, at least publicly, he needs more experience and should sign with wsof
Then why isn't Bellator asking for him to come back?

Reason . . . they don't want him.

we all wanna see him fight,the funky one would UD the shit out of the UFC. Ducking him like they ducked matt lindland

Matt Lindland washed out of the UFC and never did anything worthy of title contention

I would like to see askren in the UFC, but don't see him fighting for a title. His one dimensional style with no striking to set up his takedowns will be his downfall. Lawler would stuff his takedowns and laugh at him before knocking him out, not to mention guys like Woodley, Maia, Hendricks, and wonderboy would dismantle him.

I really don't understand the hype with askren

That's the exact reason that Askren shouldn't be in the UFC. They learned their lesson signing Antonio McKee for one fight. Askren is Antonio McKee MKII.

Man he was in his 40s wasn't he? Hes an old man.

The 170lb division doesnt need Askren. The 170lb division needs Conor McGregor.

M9PIoz5.jpg
r2Zfpdu.gif

Askren

Never a smart decision

Keep "trolling" Ben

You will never be in the UFC and no one will ever care

I love how the only people who want to "see" him in the UFC want to just so they can see "jimmies rustle"

Get a life, yours must be boring as fuck to be only entertained by annoying others

Wow! What the fuck are you talking about ! Lol!

Or...He's a winner and I want to see if he can win at the big stage.
Youre certainly carry alot of resentment for a top fighter you will never even meet in your life you girl.

Back