Ben Askren apologizes to Dana

lol, that was some cheesy yet funny shit. I still think Ben approached it so dumb to use social media to embarrass your hopeful future employer. But because I no longer can stand Dana and I'd love to see him cut out of the process and Ben signed anyways, I am rooting for it now. I was indifferent before.

Last edited:
Askren would be a huge hit in the UFC regardless of what people say

I dunno. I can't see him winning a lot of fights. A few years ago, yeah, he would've been top 10 (not top 5 tho). But the sport's evolving rapidly.

He seems like a Johnny Hendricks with no KO power or striking technique.. and the KO power is what makes Johnny a top fighter. I hope that Askren's career doesn't play out like Shinya Aoki's did though. I hope we do get to see him against top competition and possibly prove me wrong!

Thought this was a given, but there are so many UFC fans that say bashing your boss means you don't deserve to be in the UFC. The UFC should care about what sells, and a Stone Cold/Vince McMahon Attitude era Boss/Employee feud would definitely sell.
I don't think people said bashing Dana meant he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC.

People pretty much just said it wasn't hard to see why that led to him not being there. Which should be fairly self-explanatory.

I dunno. I can't see him winning a lot of fights. A few years ago, yeah, he would've been top 10 (not top 5 tho). But the sport's evolving rapidly.

He seems like a Johnny Hendricks with no KO power or striking technique.. and the KO power is what makes Johnny a top fighter. I hope that Askren's career doesn't play out like Shinya Aoki's did though. I hope we do get to see him against top competition and possibly prove me wrong!
Askren is using the UFC name to get attention. He has no intention to ever sign with the UFC. Maybe he did once, not now.

Askren has very cleverly manipulated the situation so that Dana can't sign him without looking like a beta bitch.

So... let's see how that works out for our flaxen haired hero :)

Askren has very cleverly manipulated the situation so that Dana can't sign him without looking like a beta bitch.

So... let's see how that works out for our flaxen haired hero :)

Yes, that was super clever.

Dana & co. couldn't scout potential stars if it hit them in the face.

Askren would do great promos. He's very personable, intelligent/creative in his trash talking, enjoys trolling, and is a really fun guy. He has not been as boring lately and certainly belongs in the UFC.

Askren may have a dry hump from hell, but he has the voice of an angel.

Dana & co. couldn't scout potential stars if it hit them in the face.

Askren would do great promos. He's very personable, intelligent/creative in his trash talking, enjoys trolling, and is a really fun guy. He has not been as boring lately and certainly belongs in the UFC.
And when the UFC reached out to him Askren told them to go F themselves. He wants no part of the UFC or real fights.

let this man in the ufc. Seeing him wrestlefuck Lawler would rustle the jimmies as they have never been rustled before.

I don't think he could get this Lawler to the ground, his take-down defense is pretty terrifying. I think Ben is amazing but if Hendricks could only get 5/17 takedowns against Lawler (With Lawler popping back up in many of them) then he's in trouble. Robbie is also a slow burning fighter who gets more lethal as the fight goes on...wrestle humping him is a risky strategy if you get tired in the later rounds...its not the best strategy to beat Lawler...now a quick, precise and long range striker...like say Wonderboy, thats a style to beat Robbie, or at least counter the style used by Robbie in his last few fights.

Had to swap out the youtube video link in the original post. The original video was taken down due to "copyright"

Back