• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belph bear's fabulous rainbow pub

Found it.

Pr0n is full of lies, it led me into a false sense of reality. Girls do not like getting poked in the bum hole, they hardly ever swallow, they do not have awesome ass twerking, bubble butt bouncing, reverse cowgirl skills.

Odd. I find it to be about 50/50.

Perhaps you should get out more.

My boss and our attorney is head of the finance committee for our YMCA. Lots of shady shit goes on IMO. Say you donate $1k and you want it to go towards the daycare. The finance committee will put it in an account dedicated to daycare, let it sit there for a while, and then move it to another account that the committee sees need for. The money was dedicated to daycare, until it wasn't. True lawyering.

That's fucked up.

But not entriely unexpected. I sit on the board of our local Big Brothers and SIsters organization. We recently came into a lump sum. Now this fucks up our finances as a non-profit org looking for grant money and such. Well to the others it did. To me this was a perfect opportunity to blow it on the kids for once. I am not sure she intended it to go to building costs, or updating computer software. We could have made a fantastical experience and still had some left over to allocate to other things, if you reallly need to.

This is why I don't do indirect charity. Ever.

People are scum.

This is why I don't do indirect charity. Ever.

People are scum.

I hope one day when you're a famous strength coach that you;d grace Lift for Kids Sake with your presence. It will be on me.

to Legio (and others) what is a good price per pound for decent bumper plates? Pendlay elites are going for 2.40lb but i have no frame of reference whether that is good or not.

to Legio (and others) what is a good price per pound for decent bumper plates? Pendlay elites are going for 2.40lb but i have no frame of reference whether that is good or not.

Well, that discount adamant is running is pretty great for elite plates. One of the better prices I've seen.

Realistically it's just about band for the buck. Durability for the ring-insert type is pretty hit and miss. If you can afford elite-style plates, I'd recommend it.

From my experience I'd rank troy's VTX plates at the bottom of the pile. Alabama reconditioned rubber plates at number 2, and the pendlay-style econ at #1. As far as econ plates go. I believe rogue sells the same plates(as pendlays econ) rebranded and occasionally cheaper.

Well, that discount adamant is running is pretty great for elite plates. One of the better prices I've seen.

Realistically it's just about band for the buck. Durability for the ring-insert type is pretty hit and miss. If you can afford elite-style plates, I'd recommend it.

From my experience I'd rank troy's VTX plates at the bottom of the pile. Alabama reconditioned rubber plates at number 2, and the pendlay-style econ at #1. As far as econ plates go. I believe rogue sells the same plates(as pendlays econ) rebranded and occasionally cheaper.

With that sale, I think I can fit the elites in my price range. If you think the increase in quality is worth it, I can swing it. I only want to buy these things once if I can help it.

Also, Rogue training bumpers seem to be around the same price as the on sale Pendlay Elites (the black training ones, there seems to be a price difference from the between the blacks and the competition colored, is there a quality difference?).

Thanks for the input.

To my knowledge, and from what I've seen, there is no quality difference in colored vs. not. I assume the colored ones cost slightly more to make but I'd imagine the price bump has more to do with the desirability of colored plates. They do look cooler.

I would indeed recommend springing for elites if you can afford it. I'd be very surprised if a garage lifter had issue with them.

Which isn't universally true. Eleiko (even before the quality issues of the past few years) had a whole series of elite plates whose centers would work their way loose pretty quickly. I was actually given 90kg of them for free because of this, and other, defects. Which is funny given that my Eleiko plates from 1976 are going strong. Including the 10kgs. I can't wait to retire those plates.

So... there's that.

If you're considering buying rogue plates, check to see if you're near one of their warehouses. If you can pick it up from a warehouse, you don't have to pay shipping, which will save a pretty big chunk change.

Hey Legio, have you thought about returning to your old log that highlighted your coaching? That was a solid log and since you are coaching again...

Btw, how is the recovery coming along?

Hey Legio, have you thought about returning to your old log that highlighted your coaching? That was a solid log and since you are coaching again...

Btw, how is the recovery coming along?

Actually, I was thinking on that subject the other day. Mayhap. My free time is less than plentiful but there are notes I'd like to record somewhere.

Recovery is... static. Waiting on the Veteran's Hospital to get it in gear. They wanted to send me to four weeks of P/T and let the therapist decide if I need an MRI. I explained the ridiculous redundancy and waste of time this would be to the doc. He didn't care.
Fortunately, one of my friends is a P/T. So, he drafted and sent an official letter to the doc saying that I need an MRI and very likely surgery, not P/T.
We'll see how that plays out.

My shoulder is hurting more than ever though. I have no idea what's making it worse.

Thanks for asking mane.

Sometimes (not often), but sometimes, I get the itch to compete. Mostly, it's when training is going insanely well.

If a meet came up next week, I'd probably do it.

The issue up here is that I don't feel like driving 3-5 hours and staying in a hotel to compete.

A 1500 meet total would be nice.

To my knowledge, and from what I've seen, there is no quality difference in colored vs. not. I assume the colored ones cost slightly more to make but I'd imagine the price bump has more to do with the desirability of colored plates. They do look cooler.

I would indeed recommend springing for elites if you can afford it. I'd be very surprised if a garage lifter had issue with them.

Which isn't universally true. Eleiko (even before the quality issues of the past few years) had a whole series of elite plates whose centers would work their way loose pretty quickly. I was actually given 90kg of them for free because of this, and other, defects. Which is funny given that my Eleiko plates from 1976 are going strong. Including the 10kgs. I can't wait to retire those plates.

So... there's that.

Thanks man.

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I get the itch to compete.

The issue up here is that I don't feel like driving 3-5 hours and staying in a hotel to compete.

wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

I forget the scene and can't tell what Owen Wilson is saying.

Sometimes (not often), but sometimes, I get the itch to compete. Mostly, it's when training is going insanely well.

Sounds like you're making excuses to me. Pussy.

Last edited:
It's in the opening. When they're mediating the divorce.

I believe he says "hold it", in confusion. Right after the crazy ex wife says "SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME"

It was the best WTF gif I could find that suited my reaction. Granted, it was a quick search.

Sounds like you're making excuses to me. Pussy :D

With the distinguishing factor being that, when people call you a pussy, it's not a joke and is actually justified.

Enjoy your wheel spinning.

It's in the opening. When they're mediating the divorce.

I believe he says "hold it", in confusion. Right after the crazy ex wife says "SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME"

It was the best WTF gif I could find that suited my reaction. Granted, it was a quick search.

That's the one lulz.

The push/pull event I was going to do was about a 2 hour drive. That's probably the limit.

Plus, the whole "almost killing myself from falling asleep driving" thing still plays a minor role when it comes to distance driving.

If you're considering buying rogue plates, check to see if you're near one of their warehouses. If you can pick it up from a warehouse, you don't have to pay shipping, which will save a pretty big chunk change.

I know they are based in Columbus, which is a little far for me.

Do you have any aspirations of a national championship? 1550 something won the 93 class last year. If I remember correctly, you are out east, which nationals should be next year. Getting your qualifying total now wouldn't be a bad idea.

Back