News Bellator sale talks heating up

All I know is, the Bellator 300 event poster sure looks PFL-ified, down to the "shield" logo that I don't remember Bellator ever previously using. I hope this doesn't happen, but am suspicious that it happened some time ago.

Crazy Coker will dig into his prowrestling love and have PFL invade Bellator 300 event. Maybe they can put Kayla in rafters overlooking it all.

Boxing PPV business is doing fine and no doubt it was great year overall.

The problem is if during this whole Viacom shake up that is going if it ends up affecting Showtime and they decide to either cut boxing or pull back on some of the funding to boxing that isn't going to help. ESPN is also going through massive shakes up from Disney sided. Thank god for DAZN supporting boxing in big way from top to bottom.

My only point was is boxing is very top heavy with the way its business model works. A lot of the biggest bucks being made on big PPV events is going into the pocket of a few fighters at the end of the day. The Showtimes of the world get a small cut of these PPV's but they are the one's keeping the foundation of boxing going to even have PPV stars to replace the PPV stars of today. This top heavy business is the biggest reason HBO bailed and they were a cornerstone of the boxing world for years. I'm all for fighters/boxers getting their due but in boxing at the top its almost the opposite of the UFC/Fighter pay situation.
Quality of events of Showtime boxing has been the best in 2023 … of all companies … matchroom has had more quantity not quality over PBC…. I don’t see them not keeping boxing

Tim Tszyu October …. Subriel Matias Nov 4 … Benavidez Nov 11 or 25… Tank to close out the year … tops every other company talent wise

Last edited:
Where does PFL get it's money? Serious question.

DkODY.gif

Where does PFL get it's money? Serious question.

Same way ONE FC does. It all about raising investment dollars. PFL has been a little more realistic to the public most of the time over ONE. At least PFL has said they'd lose money initially. ONE continues to pitch we are 18 months from turning a profit or whatever and been saying it for 5 years and painting a picture that they are bigger or at least as big as the UFC.

I would love to sit in on an investment pitch from PFL and ONE. But in general there key talking points is how hot live sports is to media outlets right now, how larger investment groups have been buying out sport entities or combining forces under one umbrella, how combat sports reaches around the globe and isn't centered in one country(basically selling the world instead of a country as your reach of the product goes), UFC and other sport sales is probably a talking point(getting in on the ground floor), and on and on.

Quality of events of Showtime boxing has been the best in 2023 … of all companies … matchroom has had more quantity not quality over PBC…. I don’t see them not keeping boxing

Tim Tszyu October …. Subriel Matias Nov 4 … Benavidez Nov 11 or 25… Tank to close out the year … tops every other company talent wise

It would shock me also if they got out of boxing.

But a lot of shuffling is going around in the world of media. Who would think Disney would ever think about selling ESPN off??

Patricio talking about signing with the UFC if Bellator gets bought by PFL

edit:

did he fight out his contract? If so that random fight in Japan might make sense even though it backfired, Bellator giving him his free agency before the deal as a favor since he's been so loyal to them over the years

Hope this gets announced one way or the other soon and I hope when they announce it they got some answers to questions. I don't want to hear beat around bush answers to every question and in the end be left with they bought and that is it.

Wonder how many fights a lot of the Bellator “stars” have left on their deal. And if the ufc would competitively chase them or if they’re content with 10/10 DWCS guys.

Back