Bellator new Signings thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by WarriorPoet1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. CorninginChristianburg Orange Belt

Trains with American Top Team. Friends with Bo Nickal.

careto likes this.
  2. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Might be them laying some groundwork for trying to get Nickal after the Olympics then.

3. CorninginChristianburg Orange Belt

Haha welp. I think that'd be a great idea for Bo. But he wants to start his own MMA gym and he's recruiting Cody actually. But he has trained with ATT, he's very friendly with the folks there, and they all were rooting for Masvidal very publicly before his fight with Usman. So we'll see, but for now Cody is with ATT. And he's talented, it'll be a couple years before we see him against real competition but we'll see.

4. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

5. careto Purple Belt

6. CorninginChristianburg Orange Belt

They should look into Kyle Driscoll. Just won his contender series, good fighter.

7. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

So so signing, she's beaten two fighters with losing records and went 3-4 in the ammys.

8. careto Purple Belt

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...weight-champion-jaleel-willis-multi-fight-mma
    Not the most exciting but another solid addition to their already stacked WW division. Hopefully, he could fight someone like Storley or Lemmiger in his debut.
    Bellator's WW division is as good or very close to the UFC's. I think they should split the 170 into 165 and 175, they have enough talent and would be benefitial for the fighters.

9. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I thought Willis lost the title fight tbh. He's okay but not an especially exciting signing imo.

10. careto Purple Belt

No, he is not particularly exciting but adds depth to an already stacked division. Its mostly surprising that recent LFA champs have signed with Bellator rather than the UFC. Im wondering of they outbid them or if the UFC even tried sign them. I know they wouldnt be too interested in Willis, but Gonzales and Polizzi were very solid additions.

11. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I don't think they tried for Gonzales, he had a boring fight on contender series it seems he's still paying for. If he hadn't signed with Bellator I think he might have got the short notice fight with Bektic that Jackson got though.

careto likes this.
  12. careto Purple Belt

Its what I dislike about the UFC, its all about the brand rather than the fighters. I think the UFC should be aiming for the best fighters, regardless if they had a bad performance in the DWCS, but they have such a stranglehold on the market that they dont need to.

13. careto Purple Belt

Its interesting to see Bellator adapt a different strategy to new signings, took them long enough. At least they are looking all over for talent and not just old UFC vets. Screenshot_20200920-123006_Twitter.jpg

MMALOPEZ likes this.
  14. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion Double Yellow Card

I can see the UFC being interested in Gonzales or Polizzi, especially the latter, but Willis? Fuck no. Dude has been practically begging for a shot during his winning streak(s) and they've shown no interest it seems, he's boring.

careto and Hellowhosthat like this.