Bellator new Signings thread

Invicta Flyweight Champion Vanessa Porto is pretty legit, wtf is going with Bellator signing actually good fighters.
I dont know much about Cody Law other than he is a wrestler making a transition to MMA.

Trains with American Top Team. Friends with Bo Nickal.

Might be them laying some groundwork for trying to get Nickal after the Olympics then.
Haha welp. I think that'd be a great idea for Bo. But he wants to start his own MMA gym and he's recruiting Cody actually. But he has trained with ATT, he's very friendly with the folks there, and they all were rooting for Masvidal very publicly before his fight with Usman. So we'll see, but for now Cody is with ATT. And he's talented, it'll be a couple years before we see him against real competition but we'll see.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...weight-champion-jaleel-willis-multi-fight-mma
Not the most exciting but another solid addition to their already stacked WW division. Hopefully, he could fight someone like Storley or Lemmiger in his debut.
Bellator's WW division is as good or very close to the UFC's. I think they should split the 170 into 165 and 175, they have enough talent and would be benefitial for the fighters.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...weight-champion-jaleel-willis-multi-fight-mma
Not the most exciting but another solid addition to their already stacked WW division. Hopefully, he could fight someone like Storley or Lemmiger in his debut.
Bellator's WW division is as good or very close to the UFC's. I think they should split the 170 into 165 and 175, they have enough talent and would be benefitial for the fighters.

I thought Willis lost the title fight tbh. He's okay but not an especially exciting signing imo.

I thought Willis lost the title fight tbh. He's okay but not an especially exciting signing imo.
No, he is not particularly exciting but adds depth to an already stacked division. Its mostly surprising that recent LFA champs have signed with Bellator rather than the UFC. Im wondering of they outbid them or if the UFC even tried sign them. I know they wouldnt be too interested in Willis, but Gonzales and Polizzi were very solid additions.

No, he is not particularly exciting but adds depth to an already stacked division. Its mostly surprising that recent LFA champs have signed with Bellator rather than the UFC. Im wondering of they outbid them or if the UFC even tried sign them. I know they wouldnt be too interested in Willis, but Gonzales and Polizzi were very solid additions.

I don't think they tried for Gonzales, he had a boring fight on contender series it seems he's still paying for. If he hadn't signed with Bellator I think he might have got the short notice fight with Bektic that Jackson got though.

I don't think they tried for Gonzales, he had a boring fight on contender series it seems he's still paying for. If he hadn't signed with Bellator I think he might have got the short notice fight with Bektic that Jackson got though.
Its what I dislike about the UFC, its all about the brand rather than the fighters. I think the UFC should be aiming for the best fighters, regardless if they had a bad performance in the DWCS, but they have such a stranglehold on the market that they dont need to.

Its interesting to see Bellator adapt a different strategy to new signings, took them long enough. At least they are looking all over for talent and not just old UFC vets.Screenshot_20200920-123006_Twitter.jpg

I can see the UFC being interested in Gonzales or Polizzi, especially the latter, but Willis? Fuck no. Dude has been practically begging for a shot during his winning streak(s) and they've shown no interest it seems, he's boring.

UFC is focused on contender series, thats the guys they are signing to an already huge roster. Doesnt mean they wouldnt bring in an outside champ from Cage Warriors or Legacy but they've been signing 3-4 fighters a week the last 7 weeks and will also do that in Nov.

If I'm them I'd try for Usman but he might be still with PFL and just allowed to fight in Titan while they are shut down. Dont know what the story with him. Then you have some of the Cage Warriors guys, I think Cartwright probably gets signed if he wins this weekend and Hughes and Garry are the two big prospects coming up but they need more seasoning before UFC. Then you also have Paddy, he's a big name and draw out there and is solid but I dont think he's elite or ever will be but he's def someone who should be making the jump to UFC or Bellator soon.

UFC is focused on contender series, thats the guys they are signing to an already huge roster. Doesnt mean they wouldnt bring in an outside champ from Cage Warriors or Legacy but they've been signing 3-4 fighters a week the last 7 weeks and will also do that in Nov.

If I'm them I'd try for Usman but he might be still with PFL and just allowed to fight in Titan while they are shut down. Dont know what the story with him. Then you have some of the Cage Warriors guys, I think Cartwright probably gets signed if he wins this weekend and Hughes and Garry are the two big prospects coming up but they need more seasoning before UFC. Then you also have Paddy, he's a big name and draw out there and is solid but I dont think he's elite or ever will be but he's def someone who should be making the jump to UFC or Bellator soon.

Paddy would be a good signing to put on the Euro shows and feed cans to. He'd get annihilated in the UFC LW division imo.

It makes sense for the UFC as a business decision because at the moment the UFC is selling its brand not the quality of their fighters, like it used to be a couple of years ago. But the problem with that is that quiet honestly, most of those fighters at the DWCS are jobbers who are just glad to be getting an opportunity in the UFC. All of them are probably getting shit contracts but, hey they are UFC fighters now. You do have the occasional true hot prospect making their way to the DWCS, like Impa Kasanganay and one or two others, but if you look a the past season, and this season in particular, most of them are just fillers for the weekly cards the UFC is putting out. Just look at the card for next weekend, its a hard sell to say the least.

Back