Bellator LHW division is amazing

Do you know what sponsors are? Total cash for one fight = 400k (bellator pay + sponsors) while the UFC guys get Reebok coupons <45> Rumble will get around 200-250k from Bellator and more from sponsors + he can advertise his weed business. So yeah, he will make around 400-500k per fight
It would be interesting to see how much Rumble and Yoel will be getting paid in Bellator. I know for sure they will be making 6 figures but Im pretty sure Rumble will be making more than Yoel.

Do you know what sponsors are? Total cash for one fight = 400k (bellator pay + sponsors) while the UFC guys get Reebok coupons <45> Rumble will get around 200-250k from Bellator and more from sponsors + he can advertise his weed business. So yeah, he will make around 400-500k per fight

You do know they can get sponsors in the UFC as well. Just not can't have them wearing it on fight week during media and in the cage. While it does deliver a blow to some sponsoriship many fighters have adjusted. Sponsorship is not part of fighter pay anyways, so including it is kind of silly. Or do you somehow know Rumble didn't get sponsors on top of his 500k from ufc? That seems far fetched. You think they raking in hundreds of thouands in sponsors on bellator, but not UFC?

Reactions: lsa
I don't understand why people are fans of organisations rather than fighters. I find it a bit weird if I'm being honest.

Reactions: TCE
I don't understand why people are fans of organisations rather than fighters. I find it a bit weird if I'm being honest.
MMA has always been like this, its kind of weird but fans tend to defend one side or the other. Remember the old Pride vs UFC days? That was even worse.

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/01/21/rory-macdonald-career-earnings-fox11/

According to this he is not making 400,000 per fight. I realize though he is making more than what he was in UFC, but again that is an exemption tot he rule, as most are not making as much as they were in UFC. You think Bellator is paying Rumble 500k a fight?
Not sure what you mean by 'most'. If you're a name you are probably making more or comparable money in Bellator. That is why guys go to the B leagues, a lot of the top guys in Bellator could obviously be in the UFC if they wanted to.

MMA has always been like this, its kind of weird but fans tend to defend one side or the other. Remember the old Pride vs UFC days? That was even worse.
Honestly I’d tend to like the UFC and support them more if Dana White wasn’t such a piece of shit. I have watched him screw over and step on the neck of so many ppl and fighters, I just can’t support him at all. Dude is a total piece of shit. I know Lorenzo and Joe Silva are gone, but I can’t support Dana White. He is human garbage.

I wouldn’t say I’m actively rooting for other mma promotions, but I will always support alternatives to the UFC as long as Dana is around. That lawsuit is 20 years of scumbaggery catching up to them. As long as I can remember anything about mma, I will remember Dana White mistreating and publicly berating his athletes to make a dollar. It’s a horrible image to have in your head about the UFC, but if you’ve watched for a long time it becomes stamped in your mind the things he’s done and the type of person he is.

WOAH DUDE, he finished King Mo by strikes in the rematch <TheWire1> Are u serious? That was a washed up Mo with no functional knees left and no chin. The other guys finished him faster than Jiri.
Andrew Kapel finished him in 1 minute, Bader in 15 seconds, Liam also.

Glover finished Bader but got destroyed by 3 Bellator LHW's (Rumble, Corey and Davis). How is this the same? He's 1-3 against them not 2-2.

Bellator has others fighters too, you know? Anglickas would murk Jan

Yah yah, everyone is washed up to suit someones argument. I get it.

Like I said, you can go round and round with his who beat who game. Glover got decisioned by Davis and Anderson, he got hugged for 3 rounds, no destruction there buddy. And before you start hyping up Rumble, how about we see how he looks after not fighting for 4 years. Bottom line though, talking about the fighters who are relevant, Jiri KO'd the Bellator champ, Glover KO'd the former Bellator champ. So the two best guys who from Bellator both got finished by current UFC contenders. Most of the guys Bellator has are now beyond their best years while the UFC are hitting theirs.

Like I said. Nemkov is the only guy who would really contend in the UFC and have a shot at the title. The rest I wouldn't count on. On other other hand, you got Jan, Rakic, Santos, Reyes, Jiri who all could be champ. Not to mention guys like Volkan and Ankalaev.

Sure, sure, Anglickas would also beat Jones as well okay!!! The guy is winning decisions over nobodies. Let's see him beat someone relevant in Bellator.

Like I said, you can go round and round with his who beat who game. Glover got decisioned by Davis and Anderson, he got hugged for 3 rounds, no destruction there buddy. And before you start hyping up Rumble, how about we see how he looks after not fighting for 4 years. Bottom line though, talking about the fighters who are relevant, Jiri KO'd the Bellator champ, Glover KO'd the former Bellator champ. So the two best guys who from Bellator both got finished by current UFC contenders. Most of the guys Bellator has are now beyond their best years while the UFC are hitting theirs.

Like I said. Nemkov is the only guy who would really contend in the UFC and have a shot at the title. The rest I wouldn't count on. On other other hand, you got Jan, Rakic, Santos, Reyes, Jiri who all could be champ. Not to mention guys like Volkan and Ankalaev.

Sure, sure, Anglickas would also beat Jones as well okay!!! The guy is winning decisions over nobodies. Let's see him beat someone relevant in Bellator.
Glover is the #1 contender. And none of those guys you mentioned can wrestle at all. Phil Davis would beat all of them no problem. UFC LHW is second rate at best. Bunch of “top 10” guys who are only top 10 because the real top 10 went to Bellator. Truth hurts. And don’t forget Volkan washed out of Bellator too. And that’s Jiri’s only UFC victory.

Glover is the #1 contender. And none of those guys you mentioned can wrestle at all. Phil Davis would beat all of them no problem. UFC LHW is second rate at best. Bunch of “top 10” guys who are only top 10 because the real top 10 went to Bellator. Truth hurts.

Rakic can't wrestle?? He just put on a 3 round wrestling domination in his last fight. Reyes has excellent defensive wrestling and so has Jan, this isn't the Jan from 2015. All these guys could beat Nemkov. Ankalaev and Jiri also have very good ground games. Davis wouldn't go much vs them.

LOL, sure they did. All these guys entered the UFC when Davis and Bader already left. They made their way up, has nothing to do with Bader and Davis leaving.

The Bellator division has some good names, maybe a handful, but all these guys are beyond their best now aside the champ. People just love to hype up other promotion and shit on the UFC, I get it.

Sorry, didn't knew Glover and Santos are about to enter their primes! Jan is 37 dude (maybe in your head he's 27), Reyes is on 2 fight losing streak, if he loses to Jiri he will never be a top conteder again. Same with Santos/Rakic the guy who loses will get derailed hard (especially if it's Santos).

You know Volkan is a Bellator reject, right?

The UFC LHW division is weak AF and is losing some contenders soon

Rakic can't wrestle?? He just put on a 3 round wrestling domination in his last fight. Reyes has excellent defensive wrestling and so has Jan, this isn't the Jan from 2015. All these guys could beat Nemkov. Ankalaev and Jiri also have very good ground games. Davis wouldn't go much vs them.

LOL, sure they did. All these guys entered the UFC when Davis and Bader already left. They made their way up, has nothing to do with Bader and Davis leaving.

The Bellator division has some good names, maybe a handful, but all these guys are beyond their best now aside the champ. People just love to hype up other promotion and shit on the UFC, I get it.
None of those guys can wrestle. The UFC let go of Davis Bader and Corey because they can wrestle. UFC wanted a stand up centric division LHW. That’s why old man Glover is dominating all of them. I don’t care for hyping up other promotions, I’m just stating the truth. If Davis Rumble Corey and Bader are still in the UFC, none of those guys you mentioned are in the top 5. It’s just the absolute truth. None of them can wrestle. That’s why old man Glover is beating all of them up. And Glover couldn’t wrestle with Davis or Corey and couldn’t stand with Rumble. The proof is right there man. These are top LHWs the UFC is letting walk. And the guys behind them just aren’t as good. They’re not top 5 just because the UFC says so. Sorry.

None of those guys can wrestle. The UFC let go of Davis Bader and Corey because they can wrestle. UFC wanted a stand up centric division LHW. That’s why old man Glover is dominating all of them. I don’t care for hyping up other promotions, I’m just stating the truth. If Davis Rumble Corey and Bader are still in the UFC, none of those guys you mentioned are in the top 5. It’s just the absolute truth. None of them can wrestle. That’s why old man Glover is beating all of them up. And Glover couldn’t wrestle with Davis or Corey and couldn’t stand with Rumble. The proof is right there man. These are top LHWs the UFC is letting walk. And the guys behind them just aren’t as good. They’re not top 5 just because the UFC says so. Sorry.
Why do we even bother with that guy? He will never understand. In his eyes Jan would defeat all of Bellator's roster in one night....... <45>

The divisions are as even as they have ever been. it has been since the Pride days that the UFC doesnt have a best division (any division) in the world. Whether you think Bellator or the UFC has the best division its pointless, (I think Nemkov is the best LHW, btw) but its good for the sport to have these conversations. I think it benefits Bellator the most to get some worldwide recognition for its division.

Old man Glover dominated Smith and Santos, he hasn't actually faced any of the new top LHWs. He hasn't fought Jan, Rakic, Jiri, Volkan, Ankalaev or Reyes.

That's where you are wrong buddy, this isn't 2015, the guys you're talking about are older now and slowed down, they're not going to be top LWHs in the UFC. They weren't even in their prime, at best top 5. Look how both of them looked vs an opponent vs good defensive wrestling and movement, that is what you're getting with some of the guys in the UFC now. All very good strikers with good defensive grappling.

You're confused about the new crop of LHWs. Bader and Davis left well before any of these guys came up, they don't cross over. They are top LHWs based on performance. Has nothing to do with either of them leaving. You just saw both of them get handled pretty easy by Nemkov. No reason to think some of the current top UFC guys won't repeat that. A guy like Reyes would very likely dominate either Davis or Bader.

Sorry, didn't knew Glover and Santos are about to enter their primes! Jan is 37 dude (maybe in your head he's 27), Reyes is on 2 fight losing streak, if he loses to Jiri he will never be a top conteder again. Same with Santos/Rakic the guy who loses will get derailed hard (especially if it's Santos).

You know Volkan is a Bellator reject, right?

The UFC LHW division is weak AF and is losing some contenders soon

Not talking about Glover, . I am talking about Reyes, Rakic, Jiri, Ankalaev, these guys are reaching their best years. Santos and Jan are both 36 and 37 but they are in their fighting prime. Neither of them have slowed down physically, but they are at their very best skills and performance wise. Prime doesn't just mean years, that is different for every fighter. It means capability and performance at all time high while the athleticism is still at peak. Jan is very much at that point.

Reyes is on a two fight streak vs a dam close fight with the LHW goat and a loss to the current champ. All these scenarios you keep mentioning can happen in Bellator as well, pretty much every point you bring up you just contradict yourself. Bader can easily now lose two in a row and not be a contender, Davis just fought to a split with a way past it Machida. Difference is that those guys are young enough to build themselves up again. Even if Reyes or Rakic lose, they can easily win a few fights and be contenders again.

LOL, Volkan fought in Bellator very early in his mma career, he went 1-1 and decided to go back to kickboxing. What a dumb comparison taking fighter very early in his mma career at a point when Bellator was just up promotion and making it seem like that has any relevance today.

I think you entire interpretation of all this is weak AF from your nonsensical opening post listing a bunch of no names and past their prime fighters as some incredible pool of talent.

All the guys you listed are being replaced by random guys from the contender series. Also Corey was on a 4 fight winning streak before Dana wanted him to turn into a striker against Jan. Phil Davis beat prime Glover and was only released because Dana didn't like his grappling style.
Correy and Davis are both legendarily boring wrestlers. Great pick-ups, belator! Oh, and the group of 40+ guys you're hoarding. Can't wait for the long, bright future that division will have.

Im not a fan of how they did it...got away from the martial code/abilities type stuff and realistic gore of the original and focused abit too much on unrealistic gore and 3d renders not a fan of mixed anime shows if its drawn stay drawn if 3d then stay 3d ...but thats just me...
Sounds worth checking out (orig version), thanks.

So you're saying that Rory was not at his peak when he fought for the welterweight belt against Lawler? How low is your IQ dude?
He was 18-2 on a 3 fight win streak against: Maia, Woodley and Saffiedine.

Holland fought 5 times this year in UFC for 500k total and Rory made 400k in one fight in Bellator
I mean, disregarding any nuance does help your point, but Rory was a big, title-level name when he went to Bellator. Holland is just now making his name in the UFC. Not taking that context into account makes your argument willfully ignorant or intentionally misleading.

Back