Bellator is so Bad.

I feel like all these old guys retiring or finishing their contracts with Bellator is actually doing them some good, as mean as that sounds. Machida got KOd and finished their contract, Manhoef retired, there are not that many old heads left in Bellator.

I expect Cheik Kongo to fight until his 60s, sadly

ONE is more a kickboxing/Muay thai promotion then MMA. Their only divisions that are competitive are SW, Fly, BW, FW, LW (and even then it's only like 5-6 guys with Lee, Gafurov, Nasty, Saygid, Ok, and Saygid) and then women's atomweight.
Yeah no I’m not saying they’re better I’m just a fan of them as they put on very entertaining events imo. Bellator is the superior org.

I feel like all these old guys retiring or finishing their contracts with Bellator is actually doing them some good, as mean as that sounds. Machida got KOd and finished their contract, Manhoef retired, there are not that many old heads left in Bellator.

I expect Cheik Kongo to fight until his 60s, sadly
Thise guys also had big contracts, so it could free some money to invest on younger talent. I think it was a mistake to re-sign Benson, tbh, but I guess he is still a name to be had for Musayev, Shabliy, and or AJ. If Lima doesnt fix his shit, he should be next to retire.

It's definitely different since Coker took over. I only kind of lurked. How did people like Bjorn and the old bellator?

It's definitely different since Coker took over. I only kind of lurked. How did people like Bjorn and the old bellator?

Nobody liked Bjorn but he was still way better than Coker. Coker has set Bellator back big time. With Bjorn we had Bellator on MTV 2 and Spike. Coker takes over and we move to CBS Sports which nobody has then behind pay walls like DAZN and Showtime.

Thise guys also had big contracts, so it could free some money to invest on younger talent. I think it was a mistake to re-sign Benson, tbh, but I guess he is still a name to be had for Musayev, Shabliy, and or AJ. If Lima doesnt fix his shit, he should be next to retire.
Bendo said this is his last four bouts, so only three more to go. I have always liked him so but he will lose to a top contender and will provide a step up fight for some young guy or someone they want to build

Nobody liked Bjorn but he was still way better than Coker. Coker has set Bellator back big time. With Bjorn we had Bellator on MTV 2 and Spike. Coker takes over and we move to CBS Sports which nobody has then behind pay walls like DAZN and Showtime.
Having Bellator behind a paywall is the worst thing they could have done. So, not surprising they did it.

The event had some amazing fights

That one choke was nasty af guy was out like at least 10 seconds before ref stopped it

I've heard this before, what makes it so bad? I've never seen him with Bellator.
His commentary consists mostly of saying what the fighters should be doing instead of what they are actually doing. He comes across as extremely arrogant and somewhat obnoxious.
He's also completely wrong A LOT.

Whoever his broadcast partner happens to be, they always kiss his ass constantly.

I just find him insufferable, but unlike some people I can't just mute the commentary. I find that detracts from the experience even more.

I'd be interested to hear why other people don't like Big John. I just know that I certainly don't.

His commentary consists mostly of saying what the fighters should be doing instead of what they are actually doing. He comes across as extremely arrogant and somewhat obnoxious.

Whoever his broadcast partner happens to be, they always kiss his ass constantly.

I just find him insufferable, but unlike some people I can't just mute the commentary. I find that detracts from the experience even more.

I'd be interested to hear why other people don't like Big John. I just know that I certainly don't.
Literally no reaction to what is happening. Someone gets a knockdown or gets a tight sub, he will just keep on talking about the point he was making without stopping to react to what is happening.

A highlight KO or sub happens, Big John won't even react or offer any excitement.

Literally no reaction to what is happening. Someone gets a knockdown or gets a tight sub, he will just keep on talking about the point he was making without stopping to react to what is happening.

A highlight KO or sub happens, Big John won't even react or offer any excitement.
I never minded Big John and never noticed this. I'll try to pay attention to this for the upcoming events.

Yeah. Him being so bias with Bellator, which I get to an extent, made him lose all credibility. Also being a good ref doesn't equal knowledge of MMA. He should be used as a side guy if something weird happens and they need to know what rule should be acted on.

Serious question if you think Queally and Benson are the best guys at LW in Bellator? Obviously it's Usman Nurmagomedov, Tofiq Musayev, Alex Shabliy and Mansour Barnaoui. AJ McKee gets an honorable mention, Ben's just in the division to make these guys look good while they beat him.

Bellator has a lot of great talent they just suck at matchmaking and promoting, PFL definitely has far less legitimate talent. You seem not to understand or watch MMA though.

Also constantly talking about his scorecard which is usually wrong. He also has a habit of giving the 2nd round to the guy who lost the first round even if they probably lost the 2nd then acts shocked when the scores are different to what he thought.

Serious question if you think Queally and Benson are the best guys at LW in Bellator? Obviously it's Usman Nurmagomedov, Tofiq Musayev, Alex Shabliy and Mansour Barnaoui. AJ McKee gets an honorable mention, Ben's just in the division to make these guys look good while they beat him.

Bellator has a lot of great talent they just suck at matchmaking and promoting, PFL definitely has far less legitimate talent. You seem not to understand or watch MMA though.

Modern Bendo can still compete. He'd be a tough out for those guys I think. Particularly Usman has never fought anyone anywhere near as good as him yet.

PFL does have a lot of good LWs too. OAM, Schulte, Held, Collard are all legit.

Benson has been undervalued his whole career. He's still a very good fighter.

Back