Bellator is so Bad.

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'd rank PFL better because they seem to build new stars. Bellator's top dudes are old UFC fighters. I'm not going to be accurate but there was 4-5 fighters in their main even that were ranked in the top 5 with almost 50-50 records. The only way the UFC will go down at this rate is if Elon Musk decides to buy out the champs in the UFC. Both PFL and Bellator have bought mid ranged formerly good UFC fighters that the UFC said "f it take him" then they go over and beat most of their best guys. Benson is almost 40 and just easily beat their last title contender even though he had his first and only low blow. One low nut shot and the ref says "that affected him. One point." With that logic any foul you play up becomes a deduction. Personally I think any foul should be that anyways but saying "that affected him" is hilarious considering fighters have acted that way with a missed illegal blow.

I'm not sure you can blame Bellator for the point deduction for Benson, you seemed to go on a tangent there.

Bellator has huge potential, but tie themselves in knots a lot of the time.

Their rankings are utter nonsense, and I'm not even sure they look at them when booking anyone outside of a title shot.

They could pretty easily correct a lot of what they're doing that I, and others, don't seem to like.

I'd rank PFL better because they seem to build new stars. Bellator's top dudes are old UFC fighters. I'm not going to be accurate but there was 4-5 fighters in their main even that were ranked in the top 5 with almost 50-50 records. The only way the UFC will go down at this rate is if Elon Musk decides to buy out the champs in the UFC. Both PFL and Bellator have bought mid ranged formerly good UFC fighters that the UFC said "f it take him" then they go over and beat most of their best guys. Benson is almost 40 and just easily beat their last title contender even though he had his first and only low blow. One low nut shot and the ref says "that affected him. One point." With that logic any foul you play up becomes a deduction. Personally I think any foul should be that anyways but saying "that affected him" is hilarious considering fighters have acted that way with a missed illegal blow.
Queally is not a contender lmao. He just fought for the title so Bellator could make a big fight in Ireland. Shabliy, Usman, and Tofiq are the contenders. I would say even Primus is ahead of him.

It's alright, just keep watching and creating posts. They need the views and people talking about it even if it's negative, they need more buzz

You should probably learn about MMA first before analyzing talent.

If you think Henderson and Queally are among the best fighters in Bellator then you should really take the time to actually learn about the sport because you sound severely uneducated.

Also, you're saying Ben is nearly 40 when the last UFC PPV was headlined by guys nearly 40. Ben would beat a lot of guys in the UFC.

It's like you don't watch the product, so you don't know who the fighters are, therefore, you assume the only good fighters are former UFC guys because you didn't bother to learn about anyone else. ie, you're using circular logic and are being ignorant.

Melvin had a single digit ranking at Lhw… just to give you an idea of how terrible their level of talent is.

CM punk should have gone there instead of ufc. He would have a winning record probably

Melvin had a single digit ranking at Lhw… just to give you an idea of how terrible their level of talent is.

CM punk should have gone there instead of ufc. He would have a winning record probably

They have some good talent, but not a lot of depth. Melvin was ranked 9th. Bellator should really not have rankings past 5 because it just looks bad in some divisions.

And CM Punk should definitely gone to Bellator. They could have matched him up with rank amateurs and created some entertaining fights that would have drawn lots of attention.

Rankings are just to determine who fights for the title, theyre not objective and it's not like the 9th ranked LHW is the 9th best fighter.

Dustin Poirier is ranked #8 in the UFC's P4P rankings. Wow, if Dustin is the 8th best fighter in the entire org they must not be very good!

Their talent is terrible but in the same division you're slamming on it has 3 guys who beat the previous LHW champion of the UFC.

Melvin's first fight was in December of 1995...the guy's been competing for virtually the entirety of modern MMA. Pretty impressive.

Dustin Poirier is ranked #8 in the UFC's P4P rankings. Wow, if Dustin is the 8th best fighter in the entire org they must not be very good!

P4P rankings are more annoying than they are useful. I'd be happy to see them eliminated all together.

I like ONE the most outside the the UFC, however Bellator is probably the best org outside the UFC.

Big John McCarthy makes it practically unwatchable
Yeah. Him being so bias with Bellator, which I get to an extent, made him lose all credibility. Also being a good ref doesn't equal knowledge of MMA. He should be used as a side guy if something weird happens and they need to know what rule should be acted on.

I like ONE the most outside the the UFC, however Bellator is probably the best org outside the UFC.
ONE is more a kickboxing/Muay thai promotion then MMA. Their only divisions that are competitive are SW, Fly, BW, FW, LW (iffy with that one) and then women's atomweight. And even then it's only like 5-8 guys who are interesting

Last edited:
You should probably learn about MMA first before analyzing talent.

If you think Henderson and Queally are among the best fighters in Bellator then you should really take the time to actually learn about the sport because you sound severely uneducated.

Also, you're saying Ben is nearly 40 when the last UFC PPV was headlined by guys nearly 40. Ben would beat a lot of guys in the UFC.

It's like you don't watch the product, so you don't know who the fighters are, therefore, you assume the only good fighters are former UFC guys because you didn't bother to learn about anyone else. ie, you're using circular logic and are being ignorant.
Benson is way over ranked and realistically should be in the 7-10 range and Queally shouldn't even be in them, maybe 10 if you are feeling generous.

Back