Bellator is becoming TNA

Thats bs. They signed gil melendez and brought in rampage, kongo, and tito. They put page and cheick in 4 man tourneys to try get them a title shot and recently sacrificed one of their biggest names to get tito a w.

Passing on fitch and okami was the right thing to do imo because they are lay n pray fighters. Palhares is a loose cannon who likes to hurt people outside of the rules and to sign him would be irresponsible. Guillard should have been signed imo but the bigger issue is what has bellator done towards recruiting and bringing over the guys they want? Or are they just waiting for guys to get cut and hoping they can score a great pickup for cheap? Imo they should have gotten a hold of a ufc.contract frpm the beginning and given it to their lawyers to figure out how fighters can get out of it. Then you can talk to them and help them get out of it by retiring for 1 year etc. and bring them over.
They signed Gil Melendez... I didn't just see Gil hosting the UFC post fight broadcast on FS1. I'm pretty sure Bellator just offered him a contract which UFC easily matched.

Can't really say this unless you know the numbers

Houston Alexander and the other guys work the indy scene, no way will they command a massive payday

I agree, but the fault really shouldn't be on Bjorn as much as it should be on the Spike execs who are quite clearly the ones making these bogus decisions. I think it's pretty darn obvious to anyone who followed Bellator from day 1 that the Bellator Bjorn built is being overrun by the horrible take on MMA that Spike has. What made Bellator great in the days of Deportes was that they took all of these great prospects that people had never heard of and some established guys that hardcores loved, like Alvarez and Masvidal, and mixed them with the Japanese take on match-making (tournaments). Even if the fighters weren't well known you just got the feeling that they would one day be great fighters and you wanted to pay attention on that alone. Now since Spike has a say in what goes on they feel the need to put a bunch of UFC washouts that nobody was craving to see in Bellator in tournaments or tournament eliminators. It's ridiculous to say the least.

I just hope that if Spike burns this wagon to the ground that Rebney stays in the MMA business. I think he has a refreshing vision on what MMA could be and he made it far with that vision.

Back