Bellator is becoming TNA

So case and point, media....fans...everyone who has talked about this event tomorrow? Is talking about how sad the main event is and how Soko is back.

No one is talking about the LHW tounrey which admittedly did take a hit. But barring a few mentions here and there we as fans are hardly talking about those fights. Lins could end up a great prospect.

Instead of talking about that tourney media is talking about Prindle/JT/Soko which is where the story is at.

Your sacrificing potential stars on the prelims despite having room. Soko is taking up a LHW tourneys fight on the Main Card.

Instead of talking about Brooks/Chandler? The world was talking about Tito after the PPV.

You are devoting time to Soko, JT who are going to get smashed as soon as they face a legit Bellator guy. And when guys beat those dudes is it a legit win? No then fans and media will say and most likely rightfully so they beat a washed up guy.

If you can't see how this hurts Bellator you are kidding yourself.

TNA wishes they ran their ship as well as Bellator does.

they still put some goods fight though, sometimes

and One FC have a very good signing this past years, it might surpass Bellator in 20 - 30 years

Can you guys believe this happened two years ago?

Time really flies...

KingMoTNA-298x300.jpg

Being a realist and hating are two different things. I watch every Bellator event, I'm still excited for the event tomorrow. But at the same time I'm not one of the guys that hypes everything they do either.

If you can't see the similarities and if you like the direction they are going in? So be it. I'm still a fan but sooner or later the company will be looked at as a joke if these type of fights keep up.

I love MMA in general, I am one of like four people here for every Axs and every Bellator event. I can get excited for any fight and any event.

But if you honestly think that fights like JT/Prindle, Baroni/Karo, and maybe Toney/Rampage are good for Bellator long term? You are a fool.

I want Bellator to succeed I don't want it to become TNA (Impact Wrestling as the other guy pointed out, notice how they tried to rebrand because of all the fuck ups?).

And if you can't see the direction they are going in then your love for Bellator has you blinded.

Its not Bjorn, its Viacom.

Because the UFC didn't have James Toney fight with them? The Carano fiasco? Dana trying to be Vince McMahon? The biggest selling fighter being one of the biggest WWE selling stars? UFC fighters also being pro-wrestlers? RJJ fighting Andy?

Bellator seem to be copying the UFC. Pro-wrestling and MMA are very similar. JT, Baroni, Karo, Irvin, Sokoudjou, all bring attention to Bellator and make people watch Bellator. Bellator till sign prospects and build their own guys.

why the hate?

I actually wanna see JT, Baroni, Karo, Irvin, Sokoudjou fight.

and One FC have a very good signing this past years, it might surpass Bellator in 20 - 30 years
If I was a pro and One FC kept signing good fighters for the next few years, I would definitely MUCH rather fight for them than Bellator. Bellator's contracts are apparently nightmarish.

Victor Cui also seems to know what he's doing, plus their ruleset and judging criteria are amazing IMO!

I'm not sure if the "Olympic" feel of PRIDE (i.e. great fighters of every nationality competing in one place) will ever be recreated outside UFC though. :icon_sad:

If I was a pro and One FC kept signing good fighters for the next few years, I would definitely MUCH rather fight for them than Bellator. Bellator's contracts are apparently nightmarish.

Victor Cui also seems to know what he's doing, plus their ruleset and judging criteria are amazing IMO!

I'm not sure if the "Olympic" feel of PRIDE (i.e. great fighters of every nationality competing in one place) will ever be recreated outside UFC though. :icon_sad:

agreed

I think theyve been sigining the wrong ex ufc guys. Strikfprce had nick diaz, robbie lawler, and frank shamrock to name a few. Pride had coleman, kerr, and vanderlei etc. and the majority of them were ufc cuts but none of them were washed up or completely past their prime. All those guys were then matched up with well scouted homegrown talent who were both good and fought exciting styles.

Bellator has signed guys who are a little too far past their primes while not matching them up vs their own guys who they are looking to put over. Id rather see them go after the guillards, nate diaz, diego sanchez, thiago alves, matt mittrione type guys and throw them into 8 man tournaments vs the 155 pitbull, koreshkov, and brian rogers types. Then use those ex ufc guys as gatekeepers in a few years for your bubba jenkins and mvp elite prospects who will be your future stars.

I counter this by saying that Bellator is becoming WCW :p

I think theyve been sigining the wrong ex ufc guys. Strikfprce had nick diaz, robbie lawler, and frank shamrock to name a few. Pride had coleman, kerr, and vanderlei etc. and the majority of them were ufc cuts but none of them were washed up or completely past their prime. All those guys were then matched up with well scouted homegrown talent who were both good and fought exciting styles.

Bellator has signed guys who are a little too far past their primes while not matching them up vs their own guys who they are looking to put over. Id rather see them go after the guillards, nate diaz, diego sanchez, thiago alves, matt mittrione type guys and throw them into 8 man tournaments vs the 155 pitbull, koreshkov, and brian rogers types. Then use those ex ufc guys as gatekeepers in a few years for your bubba jenkins and mvp elite prospects who will be your future stars.

That's beause they are not interested in GOOD UFC fighters, they want horrible ones so their guys can make a name off them. Anyone who is a threat at 170 and down is never getting signed. BFC at 170 and up is terrible, truly awful, so they would maybe get some decent guys in some of them.

That's beause they are not interested in GOOD UFC fighters, they want horrible ones so their guys can make a name off them. Anyone who is a threat at 170 and down is never getting signed. BFC at 170 and up is terrible, truly awful, so they would maybe get some decent guys in some of them.

LOL. Bellator can't make people sign with them. Dana tells these guys, go to WSOF and work yourself back up to the UFC. If they go to Bellator, Bellator would want them to stay and not go back to the UFC.

So for fighters who are cut from the UFC and wanting to get back, guess where they would go? come on, I know you can get this one, it's pretty easy.

LOL. Bellator can't make people sign with them. Dana tells these guys, go to WSOF and work yourself back up to the UFC. If they go to Bellator, Bellator would want them to stay and not go back to the UFC.

So for fighters who are cut from the UFC and wanting to get back, guess where they would go? come on, I know you can get this one, it's pretty easy.

Bjorn was using UFC rejects to lose to their champions in non title fights before WSOF existed

Bjorn was using UFC rejects to lose to their champions in non title fights before WSOF existed

Most journeyman, top 50 ranked fighters or guys with decent fight mileage have been in the UFC.

I don't get your point?

He only did that twice, and the first time was cuz' Eddie wanted to fight and the season 2 tournament wasn't done yet, and then Curran got injured and they needed a new main event, so Huerta got the call (the only other options they had were Imada, who Alvarez already beat, and Carey Vanier, who's... come on).

This card tomorrow really sticks out like a sore thumb even more than the PPV and this is coming from someone who loves Bellator. Two guys who haven't fought on national TV since 2008, for EliteXC and another guy who fought on a Bushido show. 4 main card fights, 8 fighters and exactly one guy who "made his name" in Bellator in Eric Prindle. They've had 120 events and this is the only event in a 10 week span and this is what they come up with?

Even I can't defend this.

I'm more interested in JT vs Prindle than the VAST majority of Bellator fights.

I'm more interested in JT vs Prindle than the VAST majority of Bellator fights.
But are you interested in it because it's a good fight? Because if you are expecting any sort of technical shit to happen I assure you it's not.

I am just saying I don't want Bellator to end up being known more for fights that you want to see because it's like a car crash and you can't look away rather then fights like Eddie vs Brooks which is a great fight.

UFC has had their fair share of freak show moments they also brought in Toney for no reason. Lesnar was a slight risk and he luckily paid off and became a legit talent rather then just a side act. But the difference is? They have people already established. They are known as having talented guys and they are a respected commodity.

Bellator is just starting to get more and more attention, just had a PPV that did much better numbers then we expected because of Rampage and Tito. Those names help you and what do you give these fans that heard all the buzz about that PPV in the next show?

JT vs fucking Eric Prindle.

In the last week alone we were hit with Soko, JT, Irvin, Baroni maybe fighting Karo, Prindle still being on the roster for God's sake. That's homegrown talent but he has no business on this show any more.

It's been a lot in a short week and I am excited to see Soko, I am excited for that Prindle versus JT fight. It's just for the wrong reasons and now we have a LHW tourney on the prelims, so nobody will see it. We have all the talk being about these two journeyman rather then potential future Bellator stars.

I just really hope they aren't paying any of these guys much, I just hope they stop giving them the spotlight as much. 10 posts into our PBP and not a single mention of the LHW tourney just Prindle/JT.

This isn't hate, I am still excited for these fights. But I just hope that going forward they aren't featured as much. Irvin may be about to Main Card the Season opener guys...

James Irvin dude who just lost on X-Arm could potentially be the first fight we saw on the next season of Bellator. That's all I am saying.

Back