Bellator is becoming TNA

But are you interested in it because it's a good fight? Because if you are expecting any sort of technical shit to happen I assure you it's not.

I am just saying I don't want Bellator to end up being known more for fights that you want to see because it's like a car crash and you can't look away rather then fights like Eddie vs Brooks which is a great fight.

UFC has had their fair share of freak show moments they also brought in Toney for no reason. Lesnar was a slight risk and he luckily paid off and became a legit talent rather then just a side act. But the difference is? They have people already established. They are known as having talented guys and they are a respected commodity.

Bellator is just starting to get more and more attention, just had a PPV that did much better numbers then we expected because of Rampage and Tito. Those names help you and what do you give these fans that heard all the buzz about that PPV in the next show?

JT vs fucking Eric Prindle.

In the last week alone we were hit with Soko, JT, Irvin, Baroni maybe fighting Karo, Prindle still being on the roster for God's sake. That's homegrown talent but he has no business on this show any more.

It's been a lot in a short week and I am excited to see Soko, I am excited for that Prindle versus JT fight. It's just for the wrong reasons and now we have a LHW tourney on the prelims, so nobody will see it. We have all the talk being about these two journeyman rather then potential future Bellator stars.

I just really hope they aren't paying any of these guys much, I just hope they stop giving them the spotlight as much. 10 posts into our PBP and not a single mention of the LHW tourney just Prindle/JT.

This isn't hate, I am still excited for these fights. But I just hope that going forward they aren't featured as much. Irvin may be about to Main Card the Season opener guys...

James Irvin dude who just lost on X-Arm could potentially be the first fight we saw on the next season of Bellator. That's all I am saying.

Fair enough.

I'm not expecting JT vs Prindle to play out like Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida by any stretch of the imagination.

It just seems like a fun fight. JT is a fun personality and is capable of anything from a snoozefest to winning or losing in either a hugely dominant or hugely hilarious fashion.

I guess it all does take away from the tournaments... But not nearly as much as Rampage devalued the entire system by winning the tournament and not wanting to fight the champ... Or the champ losing a match to Wiuff in a non-title fight and keeping the title.

Bellator has some deep-rooted problems that aren't really worsened by throwing in a fun HW matchup, especially since the only HWs casuals might know on their roster are Kongo and maayyybe Beltran.

LOL. Bellator can't make people sign with them. Dana tells these guys, go to WSOF and work yourself back up to the UFC. If they go to Bellator, Bellator would want them to stay and not go back to the UFC.

So for fighters who are cut from the UFC and wanting to get back, guess where they would go? come on, I know you can get this one, it's pretty easy.

How many guys have signed back that left for WSoF?

Fitch, Okami, Palhares ... never coming back. Bellator did not even make an offer because they have zero interest in good ex UFC fighters.

Basically your entire post is garbage and wrong.

Fitch, Okami, Palhares ... never coming back. Bellator did not even make an offer because they have zero interest in good ex UFC fighters.

You realize Palhares/Okami both have had one fight and Fitch got put to sleep in his first fight so those aren't the best examples. Arlovski/Rumble both built themselves back up using WSOF.

Though now days? With WSOF on NBC once or twice a year, I really doubt they'll be so content to let guys walk away anymore.

VIP pwnd you.

Palhares was cut because he did some stupid shit. Bellator seemed to avoid Fitch and Okami for the same reason the UFC cut them: "Boring" and "expensive".

Early days bro, early days. Rumble and AA's contracts were ending and look what happened. I doubt Fitch goes back to the UFC, Okami and Burkman have a chance, as well as Moraes.

You realize Palhares/Okami both have had one fight and Fitch got put to sleep in his first fight so those aren't the best examples. Arlovski/Rumble both built themselves back up using WSOF.

Though now days? With WSOF on NBC once or twice a year, I really doubt they'll be so content to let guys walk away anymore.
Palhares and Okami can have 1 fight or 50, BFC did not make them an offer and Dana basically said he is not taking either back. Fitch losing likewise has no bearing on BFC having no interest in him, he was top 10 and the UFC was clear he isn't coming back.

All 3 were considered top fighters and BFC had zero interest.

Arlovski did not go right to WSoF, he went to EliteXC, Affliction, and Strikeforce. He was not given a lifeline to get back if he joined a pro UFC organization, he fought in the UFC's top competitors. The only fighter this applies to in the least is AJ, and there is zero evidence it was Dana who was responsible and it's more likely it's the death sentence to a career that is the Bellator contract.

End of story, BFC did not make any offers to these guys and they were TOP TALENT. BFC only makes offers to weak ex UFC fighters they think will get beat up.

VIP pwnd you.

Palhares was cut because he did some stupid shit. Bellator seemed to avoid Fitch and Okami for the same reason the UFC cut them: "Boring" and "expensive".

Early days bro, early days. Rumble and AA's contracts were ending and look what happened. I doubt Fitch goes back to the UFC, Okami and Burkman have a chance, as well as Moraes.

No he did not and I addressed his post. How is Okami and Fitch expensive when they did not make a single offer or even care to get them?

FACT: BFC is not interested in ex UFC fighters that are skilled and will make BFC fighters look bad, they only want ex UFC guys who will more than likely lose (with some exceptions in their atrocious higher weight classes).

Prove me wrong and show me where BFC made any effort to get top talent.

Palhares and Okami can have 1 fight or 50, BFC did not make them an offer and Dana basically said he is not taking either back. Fitch losing likewise has no bearing on BFC having no interest in him, he was top 10 and the UFC was clear he isn't coming back.

Arlovski did not go right to WSoF, he went to EliteXC, Affliction, and Strikeforce. He was not given a lifeline to get back if he joined a pro UFC organization, he fought in the UFC's top competitors. The only fighter this applies to in the least is AJ, and there is zero evidence it was Dana who was responsible and it's more likely it's the death sentence to a career that is the Bellator contract.

End of story, BFC did not make any offers to these guys and they were TOP TALENT. BFC only makes offers to weak ex UFC fighters they think will get beat up.

No he did not and I addressed his post. How is Okami and Fitch expensive when they did not make a single offer or even care to get them?

FACT: BFC is not interested in ex UFC fighters that are skilled and will make BFC fighters look bad, they only want ex UFC guys who will more than likely lose (with some exceptions in their atrocious higher weight classes).

Rampage kind of fits the bill.

Rampage kind of fits the bill.

Which is in what division exactly? Their HW champ quit MMA because Bellator couldn't give him fights. Their HW and LHW divisions are atrocious. Even MW is horrible but they have been able to spin it to make Storm seem good so I bet they protect him.

If you go back and look at my original post I specifically stated they would not look at good fighters who got cut from the UFC that could challenge their fighters.

BTW, Rampage was not really cut either, so he doesn't fit the bill. I will include him though because he should have been cut.

Rampage, Kongo, Huerta, Nunes, Gilbert Melendez, Aoki, there was also this big thing involving a guy called Edward Alvarez, you might've heard about it. I'm sure there's more.

Diego Nunes. Top-15 (and on the cusp of being top-5 before he got layed on by Lentz) and a highly controversial cut from the UFC, and he gets finished in a minute by Pitbull (which Florian, Assuncao, Brown, Siver, Lentz, and Gamburyan were all unable to do).

Diego_Nunes_vs._Patricio_Freire.gif

Rampage, Kongo, Huerta, Nunes, Gilbert Melendez, Aoki, there was also this big thing involving a guy called Edward Alvarez, you might've heard about it. I'm sure there's more.

Rampage is in the higher weight classes. Kongo is in the higher weight classes. Huerta was not a top fighter hahahaha. Nunes was not a top fighter. Melendez was not cut from the UFC and him winning BFC GOLD would not hurt their reputation. When was Aoki a UFC fighter who was cut for not being good enough? When was Eddie Alvares a UFC fighter who got cut for not being good enough?

Literally every fighter you posted has zero to do with the topic.

Huerta and Nunes are the only two who even fit the category. Neither one is even close to the skill level of Palhares, Okami, or Fitch.

Try again.

Diego Nunes. Top-15 (and on the cusp of being top-5 before he got layed on by Lentz) and a highly controversial cut from the UFC, and he gets finished in a minute by Pitbull (which Florian, Assuncao, Brown, Siver, Lentz, and Gamburyan were all unable to do).

Diego_Nunes_vs._Patricio_Freire.gif

Do you see Diego Nunes on the rankings here? I don't.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/21/4539388/sb-nation-featherweight-rankings-things-are-heating-up

As I said, they refuse to get any top ranked UFC fighters that get CUT from the UFC. They refuse to have a UFC dropout win BFC Gold.

ETA: Nunes was ranked BELOW fighters that BFC had and NO ONE expected nunes to go in and beat them. Nunes lost, as predicted, as BFC wanted. Nunes is a PERFECT example of exactly what I am saying. They only want guys the UFC cuts who will come in to lose.

Do you have a problem with reading your own shit?

Do you have a problem with reading your own shit?

No do you?
That's beause they are not interested in GOOD UFC fighters, they want horrible ones so their guys can make a name off them. Anyone who is a threat at 170 and down is never getting signed. BFC at 170 and up is terrible, truly awful, so they would maybe get some decent guys in some of them.

Nunes and Huerta were not top talent. They were expected to lose and they did.

Okami, Fitch, Palhares would be favored to win, BFC made zero offers.

There are still people that would buy a pay-per-view to see Ken Shamrock or Frank Shamrock fight. Bellator can't compete with the UFC for Jones, St. Pierre, Silva. If they can't have the best fighters why is it bad if they sign someone who is no longer good enough for the UFC - but extremely well known - or someone who probably will never be good enough for the UFC - and nobody knows?

Same thing that happened to StrikeForce... big dog got scared :p

That's a laugh.

What happened is in less than two years, the company with the biggest profits in the history of professional wrestling turned themselves into the biggest money losers in professional wrestling history and their product was so bad that their cable network cancelled their programming, despite the fact it was still a top 10 cable show.

At that point, their competitor bought them for pennies on the dollar as compared to an offer they had turned down 3 years earlier.

Not exactly what happened with Strikeforce. Closer to Pride, actually, but kind of an unparalleled situation.

That's beause they are not interested in GOOD UFC fighters, they want horrible ones so their guys can make a name off them. Anyone who is a threat at 170 and down is never getting signed. BFC at 170 and up is terrible, truly awful, so they would maybe get some decent guys in some of them.

Thats bs. They signed gil melendez and brought in rampage, kongo, and tito. They put page and cheick in 4 man tourneys to try get them a title shot and recently sacrificed one of their biggest names to get tito a w.

Passing on fitch and okami was the right thing to do imo because they are lay n pray fighters. Palhares is a loose cannon who likes to hurt people outside of the rules and to sign him would be irresponsible. Guillard should have been signed imo but the bigger issue is what has bellator done towards recruiting and bringing over the guys they want? Or are they just waiting for guys to get cut and hoping they can score a great pickup for cheap? Imo they should have gotten a hold of a ufc.contract frpm the beginning and given it to their lawyers to figure out how fighters can get out of it. Then you can talk to them and help them get out of it by retiring for 1 year etc. and bring them over.

Same thing that happened to StrikeForce... big dog got scared :p

WCW so wanted to be WWE. BookerT was doing a local radio interview here and he was talking how WCW would sit in back watching WWE and seeing what they would do and WCW would base what they do off WWE try their best to duplicate it. So Bellator is a lot like WCW in that they are just a UFC knock off basing all their actions on what the mainstay does.

Back