Bellator has a UFC PPV level card tonight!

Do you think they booked Maurice Greene in the main event and Yorgan just so Jon Jones would be there
At this point this is all PFL cares about. They are desperate to be considered legitimate. Unfortunately, they care more about optics than their actual product.

I think that the sport is more unpredictable and has more parity then fans want to give it credit for. For this reason I think he absolutely could have been UFC champion had he fought there. He has the skill set and intangibles. The sheer length of the sustained success I agree with you. More variety in matchups and names like Aldo, Holloway and Volk all incredibly tough asks.

I think his problem would have been that Aldo, Max and Volk are all horrible style matchups for him. I do think he'd have been a top 5 fighter for years though.

I think his problem would have been that Aldo, Max and Volk are all horrible style matchups for him. I do think he'd have been a top 5 fighter for years though.
Right but I guess my point is that he's stayed a great fighter for so many years that it's totally conceivable, if not even likely he could be champion at some point.

Also how good did Vartanyan look yesterday

Right but I guess my point is that he's stayed a great fighter for so many years that it's totally conceivable he could be champion.

Also how good did Vartanyan look yesterday

I think he might have done this 135 thing a bit earlier had he been in the UFC. Patricio Vs Dillashaw would have been interesting.

And Varts looked like the best lightweight outside the UFC.

I think he might have done this 135 thing a bit earlier had he been in the UFC. Patricio Vs Dillashaw would have been interesting.

And Varts looked like the best lightweight outside the UFC.
Either him or Usman. He was always going to be a tough ask for Reznikov though.

Pitbull is obviously on the decline, wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his FW title in the next year. But at the same time it's disengenious to then point at his performance last night when he is gonna be 36 next month and say he was never good or had a chance in his prime against the UFC best like @LetThemBleed or @mkt do. It's like saying Dom Cruz or Benson were always trash since they lost in their late 30s
Tell me at 145 would he have ever started favourite against prime Volk, Max or Aldo? I said he would have had a better chance against the likes of an older Cruz, or Garbrandt.

The guy has been fighting for 20 years, and you're basing your opinion of his competitiveness on his performance tonight, having cut down to a lower weight class for the first time in his career. Another sherdog genius spotted.
Did you read the end of my post? Plenty of people, I can only assume Bellator shills, suggest that he'd be favourite to beat Volk today, so yes in part I am absolutely comparing Volk and Pitbull today. As for his career I mentioned given he didn't seemingly have much trouble making weight given at no stage of his career would have been favourite over the prime versions of Aldo, Max or Volk he could have lined up better against the 135 pound UFC roster. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones lad particularly if they struggle with reading.

Did you read the end of my post? Plenty of people, I can only assume Bellator shills, suggest that he'd be favourite to beat Volk today, so yes in part I am absolutely comparing Volk and Pitbull today. As for his career I mentioned given he didn't seemingly have much trouble making weight given at no stage of his career would have been favourite over the prime versions of Aldo, Max or Volk he could have lined up better against the 135 pound UFC roster. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones lad particularly if they struggle with reading.

Doubling down and moving goalposts at the same time. So you supposedly stated that "only this version of Pitbull am I totally, ignorantly, dismissing"? You're an idiot. Once again, your criticism of him, based on his performance last night (a competitive championship fight at a weight class he's never before competed within), reeks of bias and ignorance. He's clearly not in his prime years, and Volk very clearly is.

And for the record, I don't claim that Pitbull would defeat Volk, but each of them at their best would be an exciting fight.

Doubling down and moving goalposts at the same time. So you supposedly stated that "only this version of Pitbull am I totally, ignorantly, dismissing"? You're an idiot. Once again, your criticism of him, based on his performance last night (a competitive championship fight at a weight class he's never before competed within), reeks of bias and ignorance. He's clearly not in his prime years, and Volk very clearly is.

And for the record, I don't claim that Pitbull would defeat Volk, but each of them at their best would be an exciting fight.
Moving what goalpoasts? Again I refer you back to my original post I mentioned current Volk and Pitbull as well as prime Pitbull, and said in an additional post that prime Pitbull could at absolute best claim to be the 2nd best FW at any stage during the prime years of Volk, Max and Aldo yet also mentioned suggesting he'd be favourite over Volk today is frankly ridiculous

This UFC card Vettori vs Cannonier is already better than this Bellator card.

Bellator sucked like usual. UFC and Dana bless
It's the pacing and their commentary team, it a boring and then you add the boring fights and it's just a underwhelming event. But allegedly it was the best card of the year according to some folks in this thread. <JonesLaugh>

It's the pacing and their commentary team, it a boring and then you add the boring fights and it's just a underwhelming event. But allegedly it was the best card of the year according to some folks in this thread. <JonesLaugh>
If there is something positive about Bellator is their pacing, they always pop out 3-4 fights per hour in the prelims. wtf are you talking about?

If there is something positive about Bellator is their pacing, they always pop out 3-4 fights per hour in the prelims. wtf are you talking about?
Did you watch Bader vs Fedor?

Did you watch Bader vs Fedor?
That wasnt yesterday, though. And even in that event, which was in January, prelims were very fast paced. Is there more filler, flair, and other unnecessary shit in the main card? Yes, but that is the case with all orgs. Is the commentary team attrocious? Yes, they should replace them all.

<Lmaoo>

Lol at one fight. Gargle some more of Dana's balls and have fun with Vettori v Cannonier.
Pretty sure anyone who watched Vettori vs Cannonier tonight had way more fun that Bellators card last night, your hate for Dana & the UFC really is clouding your judgement when it comes to fight cards.

Back