Bellator has a UFC PPV level card tonight!

This card was a dud. Main card was a decision fest, Romero and Pitbull were huge disappointments.

Prelims started an hour late and ended a half hour early, resulting in 5 "postlim" fights.

Postlims were boring too, until Kyle Crutchmer of all people got a first round finish.

Having to shift back and forth between this and PFL was more of hassle than it was worth.
Postlims and Prelims were fun, the Daniel James bout was abysmal and Davis/Anderson was fun if you like the technical stuff. Wasn't the worst event, wasn't the best

If you aren't in the UFC, it will never be enough for them. They will always make an excuse. The two guys who you are replying to said the same about Fedor even tho he beat BETTER competition then was present in the UFC. God forbid Fedor didn't defend his UFC title against the likes of......Pete Williams, Pedro Rizzo, Gan McGee
Exactly, and it’s such a silly double standard. If a fighter is not in the UFC, they must dominate every second of every fight against every opponent, otherwise they’ve gotten exposed and are all hype. :rolleyes:

Pitbull is obviously on the decline, wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his FW title in the next year. But at the same time it's disengenious to then point at his performance last night when he is gonna be 36 next month and say he was never good or had a chance in his prime against the UFC best like @LetThemBleed or @mkt do. It's like saying Dom Cruz or Benson were always trash since they lost in their late 30s
I was disappointed because I had high expectations for him. I didnt see it as him being on the decline, hes just in the wrong weight class. Ive seen the dude fight live like 4 times so I know hes an entertaining and highly skilled fighter.

I was disappointed because I had high expectations for him. I didnt see it as him being on the decline, hes just in the wrong weight class. Ive seen the dude fight live like 4 times so I know hes an entertaining and highly skilled fighter.
He's transformed into this counter karate guy with age, I assume since he knows he can't take as many shots on the inside with age or doesn't have the speed anymore.

Also the bout changed when Pettis landed that spinning kick in the second, after that Pitbull looked off.

Exactly, and it’s such a silly double standard. If a fighter is not in the UFC, they must dominate every second of every fight against every opponent, otherwise they’ve gotten exposed and are all hype. :rolleyes:
Nemkov lost two rounds of a 5 rounder against Corey and then a No Contest happened, but he beat him wall to wall in the rematch, sorry bud but he is overhyped and would lose to Jamahall Hill who was having close rounds with a washed Thiago Santos

Postlims and Prelims were fun, the Daniel James bout was abysmal and Davis/Anderson was fun if you like the technical stuff. Wasn't the worst event, wasn't the best

I agree about James/Saricam (easily the worst fight of the entire night), and Davis/Anderson wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be (it was definitely the best fight on the main card, which isn't saying much).

Prelims were alright, some quick finishes, but they should have put that last postlim fight with the HWs as the first prelim instead of the boring Cody Law fight. Postlims? When Kyle Crutchmer was one of the most entertaining fights on a card, you know the rest are bad. Having three decision fights in a row on the postlims was a little too much after 6+ hours of fights, and that Polizzi/Moore fight literally put me to sleep.

I agree about James/Saricam (easily the worst fight of the entire night), and Davis/Anderson wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be (it was definitely the best fight on the main card, which isn't saying much).

Prelims were alright, some quick finishes, but they should have put that last postlim fight with the HWs as the first prelim instead of the boring Cody Law fight. Postlims? When Kyle Crutchmer was one of the most entertaining fights on a card, you know the rest are bad. Having three decision fights in a row on the postlims was a little too much after 6+ hours of fights, and that Polizzi/Moore fight literally put me to sleep.
I like the Hamel/Shamil bout in my defence, and Timur Khizriev vs. Richie Smullen wasn't super competitive but Smullen had a chin

Nemkov lost two rounds of a 5 rounder against Corey and then a No Contest happened, but he beat him wall to wall in the rematch, sorry bud but he is overhyped and would lose to Jamahall Hill who was having close rounds with a washed Thiago Santos
I hope that was sarcasm.

I like the Hamel/Shamil bout in my defence, and Timur Khizriev vs. Richie Smullen wasn't super competitive but Smullen had a chin

Hamel/Shamil was a bad decision, and Khizriev was a typical rigged/softball fight along with the other Russian fights on the card. They're either squash matches or the judges are giving 30-27s when it should be 29-28 the other way.

Pitbull is obviously on the decline, wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his FW title in the next year. But at the same time it's disengenious to then point at his performance last night when he is gonna be 36 next month and say he was never good or had a chance in his prime against the UFC best like @LetThemBleed or @mkt do. It's like saying Dom Cruz or Benson were always trash since they lost in their late 30s
I never said Pitbull would "never have a chance" against the UFC's best. But the people claiming he could've owned UFC FW from the time Aldo to Max to the early years of Volk are out to lunch. He KO'd Chandler and could beat some elite fighters on a given night. But he spent years fighting the same guys named Daniel (Straus and Weichel) and he lost one of those fights. Let's not pretend he could face a steady stream of younger, prime versions of Aldo/Frankie/Mendes/Conor/Poirier then later Max and Volk and have the same win streaks in the UFC.

For the record, Baby Pettis went 2-3 in his last 5 UFC fights and now looks like a demigod in Bellator on a 6-fight win streak. That should tell you something.

I never said Pitbull would "never have a chance" against the UFC's best. But the people claiming he could've owned UFC FW from the time Aldo to Max to the early years of Volk are out to lunch. He KO'd Chandler and could beat some elite fighters on a given night. But he spent years fighting the same guys named Daniel (Straus and Weichel) and he lost one of those fights. Let's not pretend he could face a steady stream of younger, prime versions of Aldo/Frankie/Mendes/Conor/Poirier then later Max and Volk and have the same win streaks in the UFC.

For the record, Baby Pettis went 2-3 in his last 5 UFC fights and now looks like a demigod in Bellator on a 6-fight win streak. That should tell you something.
Daniel Straus pre-accident and Weichel and Curran were all solid guys. Saying definites about the matchups I agree are stupid, but prime Pitbull wouldn't be swept by Aldo, Max, or Volk.

Also TBH about Baby Pettis, he was getting schooled in the Kyoji bout, before hitting that KO. Baby Pettis was also never a bad fighter or middle of the pack, he beat Benevidez, Moraga, and Moreno during his run.

I think Pitbull is a very good fighter but yeah I think if his career played out in UFC he would have been as successful. Thats not shitting on him but I dont think he beats prime Aldo, Volk or Max. And to even get to a title shot like you mentioned Lamas,, Dustin, zombie, Mendes, Conor Volk, Max, Edgar, that aint easy.

I think he probably would have gotten a few title shots but theres a real legit possibility he'd have been a consistent top 5 guy who never held the crown. But you also can say timing is key and maybe he gets a shot when Aldo is declining a bit and instead of max Pitbul gets the shot and wins. Thats possible but even if he did win title I def dont think he'd have been the king in UFC like he's king in Bellator basically being champ for years and years and face of the div.

Think even biggest UFC haters, Bellator fans, Pitbull fans would admit that much.

Reactions: mkt
I think Pitbull is a very good fighter but yeah I think if his career played out in UFC he would have been as successful. Thats not shitting on him but I dont think he beats prime Aldo, Volk or Max. And to even get to a title shot like you mentioned Lamas,, Dustin, zombie, Mendes, Conor Volk, Max, Edgar, that aint easy.

I think he probably would have gotten a few title shots but theres a real legit possibility he'd have been a consistent top 5 guy who never held the crown. But you also can say timing is key and maybe he gets a shot when Aldo is declining a bit and instead of max Pitbul gets the shot and wins. Thats possible but even if he did win title I def dont think he'd have been the king in UFC like he's king in Bellator basically being champ for years and years and face of the div.

Think even biggest UFC haters, Bellator fans, Pitbull fans would admit that much.
Good points. The same is true of Nemkov. Could he win the UFC belt in an era where it went from Jan to Glover to Jiri to Hill? Sure, he'd be in the mix and might win it and possibly defend it. But would he dominate like some of his fan boy say? It's doubtful. His fight vs. 46-year old Romero (who lost his last 4 UFC fights at MW) along with his first fight with Corey where he struggled before the DQ show holes in his game. And there's no way he (nor any of the current top UFC LHWs) would hold the belt when Jones, Cormier and Rumble were in their primes around 2014-15 IMO.

Card wasn't very good but I'm catching up on the PFL one from last night and it's even worse so far.

Card wasn't very good but I'm catching up on the PFL one from last night and it's even worse so far.
Prelims and postlims are pretty good, imo. Main card did not deliver, though. Fucking Pitbull dropped the ball. The PFL event felt very underwhelimg, tbh. The highlight of the event was a face off between Ngannou and Jones.

Prelims and postlims are pretty good, imo. Main card did not deliver, though. Fucking Pitbull dropped the ball. The PFL event felt very underwhelimg, tbh. The highlight of the event was a face off between Ngannou and Jones.
Do you think they booked Maurice Greene in the main event and Yorgan just so Jon Jones would be there

I think that the sport is more unpredictable and has more parity then fans want to give it credit for. For this reason I think he absolutely could have been UFC champion had he fought there. He has the skill set and intangibles. The sheer length of the sustained success I agree with you. More variety in matchups and names like Aldo, Holloway and Volk all incredibly tough asks.

Back