Bellator Gaining Ground?

Blator never was is or will be a 10th of what UFC is. Just 1 division alone is worth more then bellator ever be. Bellator will never have Khabibs Tony's Conor's Al's Dustin's Justin's Barbozas, Pettis and upcomingtalents like Maycee barber, that Nigerian kid, the NZ kid etc

UFC 229 and 231 alone was better then whole Bellator history of fights

Bellator seems to be the more professional org even though its smaller and newer. People appreciate that in a company. Especially people who have money.

Yes. The organization that has geriatrics headlining, preliminary fighters getting paid 1k/1k and forced to sell tickets, airing behind a paywall for subpar cards, no health insurance for fighters, and little to no drug testing outside of the commissions IQ test.

Definitely more professional.

The only way Bellator ever surpasses the UFC, is if the UFC implodes. Which, it appears they are attempting to accomplish as soon as possible.

I hope the UFC lose some of their monopoly, so that Bellator and other organizations can be stronger in order to give fighters more options at better pays.

I'm more interested in the career projection for guys like Pico, Fortune, Storely, and Ruth than I am regarding any TUF (or Dana White's So You Wanna Be a UFCer) winner.

In all honesty, the only guy on the UFC roster that I am interested in seeing is Askren...precisely because he was sandbagged by the UFC for so long.

Bellator signs prospects in the infancy of their careers.

UFC signs guys I've never heard of in the hopes that they become superstars.

InB4 "You were never really a fan"
Ufc signs guys after they have proven something. It’s different than signing prospects with no fights. I know there are exceptions. But bellator does that because that’s their niche. And still most guys will want to move to the ufc. Don’t put bellator on a pedestal because they sign 0-0 fighters who have potential instead of 7-0 prospects with some wins.

The only way Bellator ever surpasses the UFC, is if the UFC implodes. Which, it appears they are attempting to accomplish as soon as possible.

This is their jump the shark moment 100%

My only counter to that is look what early ufc did.

Not a very good counter. MMA was basically brand new and its not even the same UFC anymore. Its been through two ownership changes since then and would have died long ago if they didn't change their ways. Nothing suggests Bellator is gaining ground on the UFC. Ratings are shit and getting worse, the pay is horrible (fucking 1000 a fight) and Bellator pulls shit the UFC would be crusified if they tried

People WANT Bellator to be gaining ground. But they won't be around in a few years

Not a very good counter. MMA was basically brand new and its not even the same UFC anymore. Its been through two ownership changes since then and would have died long ago if they didn't change their ways. Nothing suggests Bellator is gaining ground on the UFC. Ratings are shit and getting worse, the pay is horrible (fucking 1000 a fight) and Bellator pulls shit the UFC would be crusified if they tried

People WANT Bellator to be gaining ground. But they won't be around in a few years
Ok fair maybe some fighters are paid 1k a fight. But how can they afford lyoto machida, mousasi, bader, etc...?

LOL @ “professional”...
stephan-bonnar-tito-ortiz-video.jpg
LOL ok that's funny. But the UFC has pulled some stunts before too

Dana running from GOAT Fedor and Bellator on Jan 26 tells you all you need to know.

Coker loves throwing money around like he almost doesn't have a budget. I doubt they will be afloat by 2021.

I watch every Bellator card and I'm a fan, but in general, I enjoy the UFC events more, and more consistently.

Bellator has paid guys 250/250 and made them warm up on cardboard boxes

Because they pay a select few ok money. Thats not going to change the problem with MMA pay though. Bellator pays almost all their fighters like complete shit. We need an org that will bump up pay for the guys lesser known. Bellator 206 had 11 fighters making LESS then 5k a fight. Thats disgusting! The UFC pays like shit for the under card guys too, but its WAY better then what Bellator pays. UFC competition that treats ALL their fighters right is whats going to help MMA pay and force the UFC to pay more.

Orgs like Bellator make fighter pay better in the UFC for the top guys. But i really don't give a fuck if Conor and GSP make a few extra million a fight.
I'm not doubting what you're saying. It's to be expected that a larger organization will be able to pay the figters better. In an ideal world- i do think no fighter should make less than 15-20k a fight. However, that argument is hard to make at times. The fighters agree to that amount-all in hopes of making it big in the future. Its a tough situation to be in for a young fighter who is relatively unknown and will take any chance they can to be exposed to a fanbase. That's why bellator and ufc don't pay these guys shit. I understand the sacrifice these guys make, but at the end of the day it's the fighters decision to fight for nothing or not. That's where I struggle to feel 100% sorry for them. From the promotions standpoint; they know they don't have to pay any one person much because they know somebody else will fill their shoes. That is until you get to the elite level. They pay for themselves. These rookies don't.

Disagree.

I would say this weeks debacle hasn't gained any MMA organisation anything quite the opposite, it's actually set MMA back as a whole

2019 will be a very important year for Bellator.
They yet to even break even, but should in 2019.
But realistically they are nowhere near UFC from a business standpoint.

They smartest thing they are doing is focusing on the non USA markets and less competing stateside.

I hope they and all MMA have a good year, because the sport as a whole has less interest.

I'm more interested in the career projection for guys like Pico, Fortune, Storely, and Ruth than I am regarding any TUF (or Dana White's So You Wanna Be a UFCer) winner.

In all honesty, the only guy on the UFC roster that I am interested in seeing is Askren...precisely because he was sandbagged by the UFC for so long.

Bellator signs prospects in the infancy of their careers.

UFC signs guys I've never heard of in the hopes that they become superstars.

InB4 "You were never really a fan"

Bellator has some great prospects

Back