Bellator Gaining Ground?

Judoka1532

Judoka1532
@Brown
Reaction score
After yesterdays crazy day for the ufc and jon jones, I can't help but think bellator is over on the side laughing. I feel like this was a poor decision for the UFC. Why not add jones-gus to another card and then headline nunez cyborg? That actually made more sense to me. It's not ideal and I know the ufc has reasons, but you don't risk ruining your reputation by making a crazy decision like this. Isn't that why you put nunez and cyborg on the card-in case jones fails his test?

But to my point. Bellator's model seems to be pretty smart. They are taking popular fighters (mostly former champs and/or guys that were once big names) and adding them to their roster. They are also investing in young raw talent. most of the young guys were either great wrestlers or high level jiu jitsu fighters. To name a few: ed ruth, neiman gracie, lavato, aaron pico, etc. With each big name that they sign on they are increasing the chance of grabbing another. They are also being a little more creative by adding tournaments and holding onto fan's interest.

The only way Bellator ever surpasses the UFC, is if the UFC implodes. Which, it appears they are attempting to accomplish as soon as possible.

After yesterdays crazy day for the ufc and jon jones, I can't help but think bellator is over on the side laughing. I feel like this was a poor decision for the UFC. Why not add jones-gus to another card and then headline nunez cyborg? That actually made more sense to me. It's not ideal and I know the ufc has reasons, but you don't risk ruining your reputation by making a crazy decision like this. Isn't that why you put nunez and cyborg on the card-in case jones fails his test?

But to my point. Bellator's model seems to be pretty smart. They are taking popular fighters (mostly former champs and/or guys that were once big names) and adding them to their roster. They are also investing in young raw talent. most of the young guys were either great wrestlers or high level jiu jitsu fighters. To name a few: ed ruth, neiman gracie, lavato, aaron pico, etc. With each big name that they sign on they are increasing the chance of grabbing another. They are also being a little more creative by adding tournaments and holding onto fan's interest.

Actually it's the UFC that are laughing and still benefitting from PPV without any cancellation.
Fighters are damaged, some fans are - but they could care less.

And the gap between Bellator and UFC is too huge for them to gain from it anyhow

Scott Coker is making Bellator irrelevant.

Bellator seems to be the more professional org even though its smaller and newer. People appreciate that in a company. Especially people who have money.

Bellator aint making money. Nobody watches.

If Bellator lasts, it will be the future. And that'll be mostly due to ufc dropping the ball. Wme doesn't know how to properly threaten anyone, only bribe which was why the fertittas had shit locked down more closely.

Not even close. I don't ever tune in for their shows.

I'll watch big fights that they have, that's about it. Also, you can barely find a damn stream for them.

I'd love Bellator to grow and do good, monopoly is never a good thing. They have some things that I prefer compared to UFC. But the problem is, they would be doing the same crap UFC is doing if they switched places. Big money rules and ruins everything.

Bellator seems to be the more professional org even though its smaller and newer. People appreciate that in a company. Especially people who have money.

You are only saying that because thats what you want to believe. Bellator doesn't have real drug testing and had a card headlined but two 50 year olds and Kimbo and DADA 5000. They pay as low as 1000 dollars to some fighters and have them selling their own tickets to be on the card. Its just pure hating to say Bellator is more professional. If the UFC had Royce vs Ken headlining a card they would be ripped apart and called a joke of an org

You are only saying that because thats what you want to believe. Bellator doesn't have real drug testing and had a card headlined but two 50 year olds and Kimbo and DADA 5000. They pay as low as 1000 dollars to some fighters and have them selling their own tickets to be on the card. Its just pure hating to say Bellator is more professional. If the UFC had Royce vs Ken headlining a card they would be ripped apart and called a joke of an org
Pure hating? I dont even watch bellator u dip
Shit. Lmao. How do people get so triggered on here?

The next Bellator event is in late January. It is probably already forgotten until then.

I'm more interested in the career projection for guys like Pico, Fortune, Storely, and Ruth than I am regarding any TUF (or Dana White's So You Wanna Be a UFCer) winner.

In all honesty, the only guy on the UFC roster that I am interested in seeing is Askren...precisely because he was sandbagged by the UFC for so long.

Bellator signs prospects in the infancy of their careers.

UFC signs guys I've never heard of in the hopes that they become superstars.

InB4 "You were never really a fan"

Actually it's the UFC that are laughing and still benefitting from PPV without any cancellation.
Fighters are damaged, some fans are - but they could care less.

And the gap between Bellator and UFC is too huge for them to gain from it anyhow
I understand the UFC still has a huge lead on bellator, but it seems bellator is making gains. Wether that will be sustained or not i'm not sure. But if you take bellator from 3 years ago and look at them today, they have improved.
Not even close. I don't ever tune in for their shows.

I'll watch big fights that they have, that's about it. Also, you can barely find a damn stream for them.
you do have a point. It does seem like it's hard to find bellator fights at times. I tried to find the card with machida the other day and I couldn't find out where to watch it by just a few clicks. it took me like 10 min to figure it out. So it does seem they need to improve their marketing campaign.

I never said you watch Bellator. But you are hating on the UFC. For all the UFCs many faults they are clearly far more professional then Bellator. Any org that pays its fighter $1000 a fight and forces them to sell their own tickets is not professional

Also they did this
images
My only counter to that is look what early ufc did.

Unfortunately everything that happened will only increase the sales. Fans should start really boycotting the UFC but they wont. Because in the end it will just inconvenience the fan so they wont bother.

Back