Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Confirmed fights for Bellator Europe 7 include:

• James Gallagher vs. Cal Ellenor
  • Philip Mulpeter vs. Daniel Crawford
  • Ryan Roddy vs. Chris Duncan
  • Karl Moore vs. Arunas Andriuskevicus

The pair were originally booked to face off at Bellator Europe 4 in September, but issues with Ellenor’s brain scans forced the Sunderland native off the card, as the Englishman released an emotional statement explaining his situation.

Gallagher (10-1 MMA, 7-1 BMMA) stayed on the card and defeated short-notice replacement Roman Salazar via guillotine choke in just 35 seconds, while Ellenor (8-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) chased a second opinion on his scans and subsequently received the news that he was cleared to fight again.

Also announced for the Feb. 22 card is a trio of fights featuring Irish fighters. Philip Mulpeter (10-6 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) will look for another victory in Dublin when he drops down to lightweight to take on former BAMMA featherweight champion Daniel Crawford (10-3 MMA, 0-2 BMMA), while Ryan Roddy (8-1-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) welcomes undefeated Scot Chris Duncan (5-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) to the Bellator cage in a second lightweight matchup.

Former Cage Warriors light heavyweight champion Karl Moore (9-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) has also been booked for the card. He’ll take on Arunas Andriuskevicus (15-4 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) at 205 pounds.

Ellenor is gonna keep fighting? Clearly his brain is unfit to compete but whatever. Probably isn’t the smartest guy around anyway so whatever.

Ellenor is gonna keep fighting? Clearly his brain is unfit to compete but whatever. Probably isn’t the smartest guy around anyway so whatever.

Before sending out insults to the fighters, do the research first. Cal's brain scan wasn't accurate and he was later fully cleared. Unfortunately the match had already been cancelled by that point. Guess you're probably not the smartest guy around anyway so whatever.

Before sending out insults to the fighters, do the research first. Cal's brain scan wasn't accurate and he was later fully cleared. Unfortunately the match had already been cancelled by that point. Guess you're probably not the smartest guy around anyway so whatever.
Lol you really expect me to believe that? The first doctor did his due diligence and Cal is too delusional to accept the truth. So they found a doctor who would ignore the results and cleared him. Classic case of not wanting to hear the truth so they found a doctor who would bypass the results.

And how exactly is this an insult? Cal shouldn’t keep fighting. The longer he fights the dumber he is.

Thought they'd give Gallagher a real fight, guess not.

Bellator's matchmaking sucks, hard to even give a shit about most fights happening in Bellator these days.

Don't know what to think about this whole Ellenor situation. Seems shady af.
If I was him I wouldn't risk it.

Don't know what to think about this whole Ellenor situation. Seems shady af.
If I was him I wouldn't risk it.
Lol you really expect me to believe that? The first doctor did his due diligence and Cal is too delusional to accept the truth. So they found a doctor who would ignore the results and cleared him. Classic case of not wanting to hear the truth so they found a doctor who would bypass the results.

And how exactly is this an insult? Cal shouldn’t keep fighting. The longer he fights the dumber he is.
Guys, Brian Foster was in the same situation a decade ago in what led to his release from the UFC, and he's managed to carve out an extremely violent career since. Mistakes do happen.

Obviously we can't know for sure, but we'll just have to wait and see how it develops.

Bellator Dublin Fight Card:

Bantamweight main event: James Gallagher (10-1) vs. Cal Ellenor (8-2)

Welterweight bout: Aaron Chalmers (5-1) vs. Austin Clem (3-1)

Preliminary Fight Card:

Welterweight bout: Oliver Enkamp (8-2) vs. Lewis Long (17-5)

Lightweight bout: Philip Mulpeter(10-6) vs. Daniel Crawford (10-3)

Lightweight bout: Ryan Roddy (8-1-1) vs. Chris Duncan (5-0)

Light heavyweight bout: Karl Moore(9-2) vs. Arunas Andriuskevicus(15-4)

Middleweight bout: Will Fleury (6-2) vs. Justin Moore (9-4)

Women’s strawweight bout: Danni Neilan (1-0) vs. Chiara Penco (4-1)

Flyweight bout: Blaine O’Driscoll (7-3) vs. Ezzoubair Bouarsa (7-1)

Featherweight bout: Richie Smullen (5-1-1) vs. Ranjeet Baria (3-1)

The current Bellator Europe 7 lineup includes:

MAIN CARD

• James Gallagher vs. Cal Ellenor
  • Aaron Chalmers vs. Austin Clem
  • Leah McCourt vs. Judith Ruis
PRELIMINARY CARD

• Oliver Enkamp vs. Lewis Long
  • Daniel Crawford vs. Philip Mulpeter
  • Chris Duncan vs. Ryan Roddy
  • Arunas Andriuskevicus vs. Karl Moore
  • Will Fleury vs. Justin Moore
  • Danni Neilan vs. Chiara Penco
  • Ezzoubair Bouarsa vs. Blaine O’Driscoll
  • Ranjeet Baria vs. Richie Smullen
  • Dylan Logan vs. Tom Mearns
  • Ciaran Clarke vs. Jamie Faulding
  • Ilias Bulaid vs. Diego Freitas
  • Asael Adjoudj vs. Constantin Blanita

I've rolled with Jamie Faulding quite a bit, great guy hopefully he does well.

Brent Primus vs. Peter Queally set for Bellator Dublin co-main event

Back