PBP Bellator 266: Davis vs. Romero, Sat. 9/18, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins at Bellator 266?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even still, Yoel is one of those guys who has the skills, he just doesn't have the workrate. I expected Davis to beat him the way that he did, but I didn't think the takedowns would come that easily down the stretch.

Yup - basically muh gambit was believing he could fend off TDs better and land something that would give him a "swarm" moment. 1st Round his speed and power were pretty amazing but Davis defense was top...

No one should be too surprised that Phil out-wrestled Yoel considering Brunson did too before being tko'd on the feet in the third. Freestyle and folkstyle are pretty different in rulesets and ground fighting and while stylistically more similar to each other than Greco-Roman are still quite different.
and also that they're heavily dependent on drilling too.
Romero is old. He isn't dragging knees on the canvas nearly as much as a young buck.

and also that they're heavily dependent on drilling too.
Romero is old. He isn't dragging knees on the canvas nearly as much as a young buck.

I was impressed by the way he batted away Phil's first takedown attempt with absolute ease though. Unfortunately it seemed he only had one of those in the tank.

I didn't even watch the fight. I knew it would be terrible as soon as Romero was matched against Davis because every Davis fight is awful. Yesterday I did decide to watch it to see who I thought won since I saw debate but after the first round I was falling asleep and couldn't make myself sit through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back