Bellator 256 Bader vs Machida Draws 103k viewers

Bellator's first event on Showtime, #Bellator255:

9:36PM: 85K
9:50PM: 99K
10:25PM: 124K
10:36PM: 167K
10:59PM: 161K

It has 408K views on their YouTube channel.

These are the numbers for the first event. We can clearly see that 103k is a lot better than 85k for early prelims (the same hour)

You need to wait for full release not just early prelim numbers. My guess is that this event did over 200k

Pretty clearly an also ran. No good enough for real fans not flashy enough for casuals.

These are the numbers for the first event. We can clearly see that 103k is a lot better than 85k for early prelims (the same hour)

You need to wait for full release not just early prelim numbers. My guess is that this event did over 200k

This dude says this like thats a good number if it was in fact true, its not.

and now he cant use the but it did 408k views on Youtube and shit. Ouch.

This dude says this like thats a good number if it was in fact true, its not.

and now he cant use the but it did 408k views on Youtube and shit. Ouch.
That's just copy paste for the first event. OP said that 103k views was the peak number, you can clearly see that's the early prelim number. It's not that difficult to understand

The early prelim number was better for the second card than the first card, the main card number will be better also most likely

Dude I dont know where you live in Europe but NFL is fcking huge in Germany. Not close to football but still.

In Europe, the NFL is only big in countries that were occupied by the Americans after WW2, it's smaller than MMA pretty much everywhere else. I literally can't name any other quarterback in NFL history than Tom Brady (I even thought that OJ Simpson was a quaterback until I checked five seconds ago).

That's just copy paste for the first event. OP said that 103k views was the peak number, you can clearly see that's the early prelim number. It's not that difficult to understand

The early prelim number was better for the second card than the first card, the main card number will be better also most likely

Last week http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...-cable-originals-network-finals-4-2-2021.html

The rating went up, started at .04, went up .05, .06, .07 and tracked all those in top 150 of the night.

This week http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...-cable-originals-network-finals-4-9-2021.html

It only tracked .03 at 9:46. The demo rating didnt climb beyond that the rest of the night like it did the first week. Thats not a good sign and the demo is really what people care about more than overall viewers.

+1

If you look through the events individually it shows the TV ratings.
Thanks, had never even bothered to look through them individuallty! Cool that they include more stats than I assumed.

PS: Dang, as you could notice by my post I kinda missed we were talking peak TV viewer numbers and not buys. :oops:

partly due to a garbage matchup Bellator's only good weight classes are 170 and below the 145 final will be lit

Very boring fight to say the least. The younger Machida would have easily won. Machida was tired before the end of the 2nd round.

What channel is Bellator even on now? With everyone dumping cable and satellite, there's probably a smaller pool of potential viewers.

MLB and NFL have very tiny niche audience in Europe. We care about soccer much more.
So really bad analogy.

I hear ya. I was more saying that UFC is king in the same sense that NFL and NBA are king here in the US. I don't know if you have "major" leagues in soccer and then "minor" leagues, or basically leagues that people don't care as much about. English Premier vs Ligue 1? I have no idea.

For the first event Showtime was free nationwide. Not for this event and that's why the numbers were alot worse compared to an already terrible debut. We only have numbers for the early part of this show because that's the only part that cracked the top 150. the overall viewership was worse than 103k viewers.

For the first event Showtime was free nationwide. Not for this event and that's why the numbers were alot worse compared to an already terrible debut. We only have numbers for the early part of this show because that's the only part that cracked the top 150. the overall viewership was worse than 103k viewers.

thats not true.

Shows are ranked based on demo number, not overall viewers. Look at the chart. Tucker Carlson's show had more overall viewers 2.8 mill than any other cable show but it was only number 4. Ru Pauls drag race was number 3 and only did 623k viewers. But in the demo Ru Pauls show did .22 compared to Tucker Carlson .20

Bellators number only hit in top 150 for that one point at 103k viewers and .03 demo. The demo number didnt grow like last week which isnt a good sign but it doesnt mean the overall viewers didnt go up.

The overall number will be more than 103k most likely but cant say what the final number will actually be. Demo number not growing is bad so it probably didnt do all that well.

thats not true.

Shows are ranked based on demo number, not overall viewers. Look at the chart. Tucker Carlson's show had more overall viewers 2.8 mill than any other cable show but it was only number 4. Ru Pauls drag race was number 3 and only did 623k viewers. But in the demo Ru Pauls show did .22 compared to Tucker Carlson .20

Bellators number only hit in top 150 for that one point at 103k viewers and .03 demo. The demo number didnt grow like last week which isnt a good sign but it doesnt mean the overall viewers didnt go up.

The overall number will be more than 103k most likely but cant say what the final number will actually be. Demo number not growing is bad so it probably didnt do all that well.

youre right it is based on demo but the fact that not other part of the show did better in the demo doesnt bode well for the overall average. We'll see what the final viewership is if it ever comes out.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I was more saying that UFC is king in the same sense that NFL and NBA are king here in the US. I don't know if you have "major" leagues in soccer and then "minor" leagues, or basically leagues that people don't care as much about. English Premier vs Ligue 1? I have no idea.
Europe is more fractured and divided.
In soccer each country has first league and then second third etc. Some leagues are watched in other countries in Europe like Premier league UK, Serie A Italy, Spanish first league, then German league or French league. The national League are highly followed in that country but not viewed by other countries like Czech or Slovak league l.

I don't think it went on iPlayer in the end; I watched (some of it) on YouTube which has 165k views so far. ...although I'm pretty sure I could get more than that by whispering and tapping something.

It was definitely on iplayer- I watched it live on there and usually they keep it up after for minimum a week.
Agree though, numbers seem to be low everywere

Czech Republic. In news we get NFL exactly 1 time per year, superbowl. That's it.
I don't think that you get news about games played etc. That would be huge. Isn't handball much more popular then egghand for example?
I dont know the exact numbers but like i said here in germany you can even watch gsmes of NFL in free TV. And a lot of Younger people do.

Back