Bellator 256 Bader vs Machida Draws 103k viewers

Im assuming these are US numbers only? If so, still lower than UFC.
What id be interested to know would be the UK viewership numbers since it appeared on BBC IPlayer relative to before

Like it or not people know the UFC brand name. It's like if really good MLB players were playing overseas, or NFL guys left to go to the Canadian Football League......sure you'd get a few fans that follow them there, but overall people know the brand names...UFC, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc.

Like it or not people know the UFC brand name. It's like if really good MLB players were playing overseas, or NFL guys left to go to the Canadian Football League......sure you'd get a few fans that follow them there, but overall people know the brand names...UFC, MLB, NFL, NBA, etc.

And its even worse now than before because strikeforce used to get like 400k viewers on showtime.

Im assuming these are US numbers only? If so, still lower than UFC.
What id be interested to know would be the UK viewership numbers since it appeared on BBC IPlayer relative to before
I don't think it went on iPlayer in the end; I watched (some of it) on YouTube which has 165k views so far. ...although I'm pretty sure I could get more than that by whispering and tapping something.

Bellator will be dead within 5 years. One issue is their name is so awful. It just sounds like an amateur organization. Also, the fights suck and the production is awful and the commentators are the worst on the planet.

UFC is dying breh.... oh wait!

I don't think it went on iPlayer in the end; I watched (some of it) on YouTube which has 165k views so far. ...although I'm pretty sure I could get more than that by whispering and tapping something.

It didn't because it was wall to wall Prince Philip coverage

Not that shocking because we all knew how Bader vs Machida in 2021 was gonna go. No one was looking forward to it, even if they have name value amongst hardcores. And Cat Zingano vs Who? Bellator's lack of stability regarding a broadcast partner, and their long hiatus during the pandemic probably also killed whatever momentum they had.

If the Rumble vs Yoel matchup does bad numbers RIP Bellator

MLB and NFL have very tiny niche audience in Europe. We care about soccer much more.
So really bad analogy.

Not that shocking because we all knew how Bader vs Machida in 2021 was gonna go. No one was looking forward to it, even if they have name value amongst hardcores.

Bellator's matchmaking often leaves me baffled. Who the hell allowed Bader vs Davis II?

150-200k viewers is about what strikeforce used to get. This is a premium cable channel, seems pretty good to me.

EDIT: My numbers are pretty off, they used to range around 350-400k viewers as corrected on page 2

Last edited:
I checked out when they clearly made the tourney to try and at least get Bader a win and away from the guy who emasculated him in the UFC. And they also had to make sure the newest formerUFC additions Rumble-Yoel don't completely wreck all the established Bellator guys on the way to finals. Another coker joke.

After his all-time joke of performance shouldn't Bader have been demanding a Rumble rematch?

This was another UFC retread show. I have even less interest in watching Bader than the very little amount of belief he has in himself and that Bellators has that he could actually beat Rumble.

Back