Bellator 160: Bendo vs Pitbull - Los Angeles

genuinely can't believe pitbull opened +210 vs bendo after the way bendo got his ass beat for 25 mins last fight. i'm aware koreshkov is 170 and pitbull fights at 145 normally, but i really don't think it's gonna play that big of a factor. i view this as pitbull moving up to 155 to fight bendo, where bendo should be, anyway. and pitbull is a guy who is UNBELIEVABLY tough to take down. bendo is gonna have a super time doing so and i think pitbull has better hands.

Bendo handled Edgar pretty well, though, so maybe size is a big factor for him. I mean, Thatch beat him down pretty hard as well until gassing. Also it's possible he was overconfident against Koreshkov, and that Koreshkov is just that damn good.

I have no idea what to do with these lines.

Patricio is pretty flat footed and needs the pocket to work his boxing. If Benson can keep this at kicking range he should be at an advantage using his kicks and straight punches.

Don't think Benson can get Pitbull down (even if he does Pitbull can scramble), but do wonder if Benson can pin him on the fence and lean his weight on him for periods of time. Seems like a distinct possibility

Bendo handled Edgar pretty well, though, so maybe size is a big factor for him. I mean, Thatch beat him down pretty hard as well until gassing. Also it's possible he was overconfident against Koreshkov, and that Koreshkov is just that damn good.

I have no idea what to do with these lines.

that's true about thatch, but in general, i think bendo has lost a step. flat-out.

i wouldn't bet bendo if he was -120... idk how you could even entertain him as a big favorite here after the hellacious beating he just took, period.

definitely could see this going long.

Patricio is pretty flat footed and needs the pocket to work his boxing. If Benson can keep this at kicking range he should be at an advantage using his kicks and straight punches.

Don't think Benson can get Pitbull down (even if he does Pitbull can scramble), but do wonder if Benson can pin him on the fence and lean his weight on him for periods of time. Seems like a distinct possibility

but dude, the price! you can't be laying any kind of juice on bendo here

Well, last time he fought a guy who is 2 weight classes above Patricio.I don't trust Bellatore fighters in fights against top UFC fighters.Loss to Daniel Straus, highly doubt he will handle Benson

but dude, the price! you can't be laying any kind of juice on bendo here
Honestly, if his decision prop is -120 or better (which it should be), i'm ok playing that. Wouldn't touch that moneyline though. Patricio has one path to victory imo, find a way into the pocket consistently and outbox Benson.

Well, last time he fought a guy who is 2 weight classes above Patricio.I don't trust Bellatore fighters in fights against top UFC fighters.Loss to Daniel Straus, highly doubt he will handle Benson
Don't underestimate some of these Bellator guys. Wouldn't be surprised if Straus could be a top 10 FW in UFC

Don't underestimate some of these Bellator guys. Wouldn't be surprised if Straus could be a top 10 FW in UFC

there's no question he would be.

alvarez was a bellator guy, no? and he just became the champ of the ufc..

Honestly, if his decision prop is -120 or better (which it should be), i'm ok playing that. Wouldn't touch that moneyline though. Patricio has one path to victory imo, find a way into the pocket consistently and outbox Benson.

that's better than -2xx ML.

that's better than -2xx ML.
Yeah you were spot on with the over. Pissed I missed the opener, -260 (I think it is now) still kind of holds value. Not a chance in hell Benson finishes this fight

Stabbed Pitbull at +175. I'd honestly be surprised to see Bendo get a decision that is very easy to score. I'd be pretty surprised with a finish from Bendo as well. I think this fight is close. I actually expected Bendo to be + odds and to take that - lol.

Stabbed Pitbull at +175. I'd honestly be surprised to see Bendo get a decision that is very easy to score. I'd be pretty surprised with a finish from Bendo as well. I think this fight is close. I actually expected Bendo to be + odds and to take that - lol.

i really can't believe how far apart it opened. like i said i would've opened it -120 -120

No clue how I want to handle Bubba's fight. I was on Karakhanyan the first time around.

was hoping for bendo at -200 but at that price i will still parlay him. yeah he just got beaten up by a 6'1 welterweight, don't think the same will happen against a 5'5 featherweight.

No clue how I want to handle Bubba's fight. I was on Karakhanyan the first time around.

it's gonna be a bubba decision, really think it will. he's gonna prolly take 2 rounds with td's and unless he exposes his neck too much for that georgi guillotine, i think his sub D has improved enough.. if he survived yamauchi in the first round, i don't think he gets tapped here.

but i also definitely don't see him finishing georgi.

o2.5, O, o2.5

it's gonna be a bubba decision, really think it will. he's gonna prolly take 2 rounds with td's and unless he exposes his neck too much for that georgi guillotine, i think his sub D has improved enough.. if he survived yamauchi in the first round, i don't think he gets tapped here.

but i also definitely don't see him finishing georgi.

o2.5, O, o2.5

Pre odds, I expected to bet Bubba at + odds. Now I'm getting tempted with Karakhanyan climbing. Bubba really has to watch that neck. Yamauchi has a solid ground game, but I like Karakhanyan's sub chances better as his go-to is the guillotine. Yamauchi typically needs to get the back and get control first. Karakhanyan can just snag the neck being left out there. Unless you consider Curran a wrestler, he's snagged it on the last 3 wrestlers he fought including Bubba. It's just a great sub to have in the bag against guys who are going to shoot.

Bellator's non-title fight main events are still 3 rounds, right?

Back