Bellator 160: Bendo vs Pitbull - Los Angeles

i wouldn't say no chance, amigo, but yea, obviously you saw my lean
I would be beyond shocked if he lets that happen again. Him and his team only need 1/10th of a brain to know anytime Bubba drops levels to the hips or shoots he better protect his neck.

Hes more experienced now, seems to be developing at a decent rate, obviously has a knack for grappling with the very high level of success he had in wrestling, seems like a smart dude beyond all the weird gangsta shit he does at weigh ins and in the promos. Yeah, if he gets caught with that again, it will be one of the biggest "smh" moments in MMA this year

I think for sure Bubba can get caught in that, especially if he starts getting hit and does a sloppy shot. I mention this all of the time, but people are so reactionary on fights and "only as good as your last fight" is the attitude way too many people take. Bubba had a great performance against Yamauchi, but don't forget Yamauchi also was grinded out by Will Martinez. Just prior to the Yamauchi fight, Bubba was having trouble with Parsons. We also know what happened in the Larue Burley fight. From what I've seen, Bubba has trouble if he can't bully throughout.

I think for sure Bubba can get caught in that, especially if he starts getting hit and does a sloppy shot. I mention this all of the time, but people are so reactionary on fights and "only as good as your last fight" is the attitude way too many people take. Bubba had a great performance against Yamauchi, but don't forget Yamauchi also was grinded out by Will Martinez. Just prior to the Yamauchi fight, Bubba was having trouble with Parsons. We also know what happened in the Larue Burley fight. From what I've seen, Bubba has trouble if he can't bully throughout.
Meh, that Burley fight was at the infancy of his career. Hes a much evolved fighter now. Also, the Parsons fight is kind of contentious, but other than when he got clipped he was in control and easily winning imo.

I think Bubba can edge out the striking here. Hes becoming more and more efficient at kicking range and anytime Georgi steps in to let his hands go he can just take him down. Even if he doesn't win the striking though, hes experienced enough now I feel like I can rely on him to not be sloppy with his wrestling. 5 years in MMA now + one of the highest credentialed wrestlers in the sport + hes already gotten caught with a gulliotine. No reason for me to believe he'd let himself be so dumb.

there's no question he would be.

alvarez was a bellator guy, no? and he just became the champ of the ufc..
Yeah, but he was a person, who people talked about a lot and was in the game for a long time, not every bellator top fighter will make champion, look Brooks barely won with Pearson.Benson has more experience fighting on the top level, will have physical advantage.Usually I don't trust untested fighters.I think lightweight will be his divison in Bellator

i'm prolly gonna do some on georgi but more on the o2.5.

Yeah, but he was a person, who people talked about a lot and was in the game for a long time, not every bellator top fighter will make champion, look Brooks barely won with Pearson.Benson has more experience fighting on the top level, will have physical advantage.Usually I don't trust untested fighters.I think lightweight will be his divison in Bellator

who's untested..?

I wouldn't discount just how strong Karakhanyan's guillotine is. He got Palmer with it quick. People said "Palmer put himself in that", but it's really Karakhanyan grabbing it quickly when fighters feel safe (as they would be against other fighters). I mean he snagged it on Bubba very quickly. Karakhanyan has a top guillotine of guys in MMA outside of the UFC.

I wouldn't discount just how strong Karakhanyan's guillotine is. He got Palmer with it quick. People said "Palmer put himself in that", but it's really Karakhanyan grabbing it quickly when fighters feel safe (as they would be against other fighters). I mean he snagged it on Bubba very quickly. Karakhanyan has a top guillotine of guys in MMA outside of the UFC.
Thats all he has though. The more I think about this fight, how else does he win?

Thats all he has though. The more I think about this fight, how else does he win?

he could win a close striking battle

the only realistic way the O2.5 doesn't hit is if georgi gets another guillotine

I really doubt Bubba has a clear advantage standing. I think Karakhanyan can give him some trouble standing, especially if Bubba is having issues and doubts with shooting. You say Bubba can just go for takedowns when Karakhanyan comes in to throw, but what if Karakhanyan is just baiting with that hoping Bubba drops for the shot? Karakhanyan can definitely give him trouble standing, has a chance at a decision, and a good chance at snagging the neck.

Keep in mind I haven't even bet Karakhanyan yet, but there is no chance in hell I'd bet Bubba at at -170.

he could win a close striking battle
I think this depends on how Bubba approaches the fight. If he decides to box a bit and only box, yeah I could see it. But Georgi doesn't cut many angles on the feet and is fairly flat footed. Leads me to believe Bubba will kick him all day at range, and use takedowns or at least the threat of them to find openings for his hands.

Georgi is limited in this fight imo. Has to hope he can grab the neck whenever Bubba shoots, or hope he can stuff tds (not happening, especially considering he'll prob be the guy moving forward) and edge the boxing.

Contemplating this fight also reminded me how much more fluid and powerful Bubba looked in the few moments he spent standing vs Goiti. I think expecting anything less than Bubba being sharper than ever on the feet really undersells the fact the dude is one of the top prospects at FW and could easily be top 5-10 within the next 2 years.

I really doubt Bubba has a clear advantage standing. I think Karakhanyan can give him some trouble standing, especially if Bubba is having issues and doubts with shooting. You say Bubba can just go for takedowns when Karakhanyan comes in to throw, but what if Karakhanyan is just baiting with that hoping Bubba drops for the shot? Karakhanyan can definitely give him trouble standing, has a chance at a decision, and a good chance at snagging the neck.

Keep in mind I haven't even bet Karakhanyan yet, but there is no chance in hell I'd bet Bubba at at -170.
See my above post, but he can't bait if hes out of range to do anything. If Bubba is smart and fights how I expect after his recent performances, let Georgi feint all day. Doesn't mean much if Bubba is on the outside and kicks him everytime in response. Bubba will dictate this fight. Hes too fast, much more athletic, and has many more options.

I also think it would be really dumb for Georgi to go into this with a hope that Bubba shoots. When Bubba does so and takes him down and Georgi can't get a choke, then what?

Patricio, imo usually as long as you are not in the UFC you are not tested since pride and strikeforce are gone

michi, no disrespect, but if you think patricio is untested, we don't have any common ground to discuss the fight..

Patricio, imo usually as long as you are not in the UFC you are not tested since pride and strikeforce are gone
Yeah michi what EZ said lol you gotta watch more non UFC stuff man, plenty of top level guys in Bellator and a few in other places (Gaethje in WSOF, Akhmetov in ONE, etc.)

michi, no disrespect, but if you think patricio is untested, we don't have any common ground to discuss the fight..
I am saying he is untested by the toughest top, not untested by good or very good fighters

Just took some over/unders so far. Bendo should win this but +190 on Pitbull is tempting.

Benson Henderson/Patricio Freire Over 2½ (-225) $225.00 for $100.00
Bubba Jenkins/Georgi Karakhanyan Over 2½ (-180) $90.00 for $50.00
A.J. McKee/Cody Walker Under 1½ (-110) $55.00 for $50.00

Back